ishanb1

Chevy Beat deisel service issue!

Recently I touched 30000 Kms (in one and a half years) in my chevy Beat deisel and took it for service at Autovikas, Delhi. The service guy there made a service estimate of whopping Rs.13000 giving explanation of oils and parts being changed from A to B which is mandatory.

We have owned more costlier car but never paid so much at 30000 kms.

I want to know is it genuine or I've been ripped off?

Firstly you did not mention the last time you changed the engine oil. I suggest that since your beat has done 30000 kms, you better change the engine oil. If your service record is as per schedule of free services and paid ones, you're being mocked and the whopping 13000 Rs is not essential . Apart from these, based on your usage the parts may have worn down.Take your car to a known workshop and have their opinion before proceeding further.

@ishanb1: Actually, from bird's eye point of view it looks inflated, however, keep in mind that servicing cost may differ from car to car (having same readings too) because a lot depends on the driving style.

However, as you are not sure about the charges that they have given you, plz post your billing details here in the thread, I am sure ACIans will help you.