antony

Pl help, leavs got stuck in A/C blower of RITZ

Dear forum members:

I have ritz petrol car. Recently i have given my car for washing at a pertrol pump. After that my a/c blower is making noise due to hitting of blad on leaves. I used to park my car under a tree and lot of leaves fall on to the windshield and go inside the engine area. I am sure it is leaf that got stuck into the blower but how i have no idea. May be during high jet water wahsing somehow it got into the blower. When i opened the glow box are in front of the left front seat, the blower is not seen there. I took the car to a local workshop, but he told that blower is not accessible from the glove box area and to be accessed from the engine area.

Has anybody faced these problem and how to remove the leaves? How to access the A/C blower of Ritz.

Your comments are much appreciated i stay in mumbai..

Yes I faced the same problem in my Swift Diesel. Its a common issues in some Marutis, a design flaw or the result of cost-cutting perhaps. The leaves enter through gap between the base of front windscreen & base of the bonnet. Take your car to nearest Authorised Maruti service station & the problem shall be solved.

This is genetical problem with all Marutis! I too have faced it in my 1994's 800!

as BornFree Suggested go to MS authorized service center, but they'll charge you anything from 500-2000 Rs! So,I'll tell you a trick which I used to do!

1. Clean the air intake completly with help of Vaccum cleaner
  2. then go inside & place vaccum cleaner in front of AC vent & told your freind to blow air from air intake with help of blower & also put your car's ac to full fan speed!

this will clean majority of dust & leafes & whats leftover will be stucked into ac vent which you can remove by hand or toothpick! & to avoid this problem you can stick some transperent nylon net on air-intake vents!

I have experienced this issue in my 2012 ritz too. In my scenario I took the car to MS Service centre and they asked me "do i park my car under the tree?" The answer was yes...so they suggested me cover the cover when I park it.

For resolution they just charged nothing from me...perharps since car is still in warranty period.

Well I got the job done for free, still if anything is charged, 100-200/- should the do the job.

I don't know about recent rates, but arround 4-5 years ago they had charged me arround 600 Rs for the same problem, with my 94 M800 & considering the inflation rate & more premium cars, I've quoted the price!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL