I am not a great follower of Royal Enfield in the past but now am planning for one! I pretty much like most RE's and this is causing me confusion on which one to choose. I am a regular biker, never driven long.. always opted cars. But the new RE should get me starting small trips. The main purpose of the bike is City driving (approx. 20km-30km a day) and very occasional long drives. Classic 350 is out of option due to wait period.. Ive made up my mind on 2 bikes and cannot finalize which one. Classic 500 and thunderbird 500. Im not a big fan of cruisers and preferred classic 500. I felt classic 500 is more ideal for city driving, looks pretty nice and also easier handling in city. Thunderbird on other hand I feel is more preferable for long drives and I loved the new TB500 compared to older TB's.. My concern is, thunderbird comes with lot of good features that lack in classic. the digital meters, LED head lights and tail lamps, Front and back discs at almost the same cost of classic. Also I value safety measures and heard classic 500 rear drums may cause bad breaking as it is unable to handle the power. Comfort wise I heard TB is more comfortable than classic, but does that matter for 20-30km per day? I did test ride both models and liked both prioritized by Classic.. but still unable to finalize. Please help/suggest based on your experience...

When your spending that much of mony, then your ride should look & feel special! Classic 500 is similar to any other RE bike & is very good at it's job; but at the same time it's bit old-school & you can't carry a pillion on it! While Thunderbird 500 has best of both worlds, it has heritage ride quality, typical engine of RE & on other hand it has moern looks & gadgetry (compared to other RE bikes) & it's a definatelly better bike than Classic 500! (as long as your not a RE fan!) It's riding position may feel weird to you as your not used to it & as classic 500's riding position is more similar to normal bikes! So, as per my opinion, Thunderbird 500 is surely, a better bike compared to classic 500!