GOLF

Skoda Laura tsi Vs Honda city Vs Hyundai Elantra - which to buy?

I am looking to buy a new car.My requirements are :

1. Good ride and handling

2. coomunicative steering

3.after sales service

4.comfort and features

5. free revving Petrol engine

7.budget is under 15 lakhs.

Based on above requirement I have shortlisted Skoda laura tsi ambition , Hyundai elantra 1.8 petrol SX

and Honda City 1.5 AVN.My monthly usage is around 300 KM.i have one peculiar problem though the nearest service centre is 200 kms and i can't get service done every 6 months.due to commitments.The car is to be mostly self driven

My heart is set for Laura.But suggestions from forum members are welcome.

Laura is a good choise but as solid as she is one problem is all it takes to keep u high and dry. The City is what u should look at she is very driver friendly and has a good set up. What u loose out is top speed 20/30km but seriously how manytime do we get such a chance to hit top speeds. acc is good, turning is confident (Honda even provides a change in suspension for soft or stiff ride). My choise would be the City.

Good Luck

your heart has directed toward the correct option! Laura is awsome driver's car & clearly fullfill your requirement list, but it's taking it's last breaths, as new gen octavia is considered to hit indian tarmac by mid-2013 & it really hurts when your brand new car is discontinued! So if you are ok with it, go for it! otherwise wait for new octavia, it's going to be step above vehicle in it's segment! Also look at new Ford Fiesta! It's also a very fine product, satisfying all your needs! It's best driver's car below BMW 3 series, is feature packed & also very cheap on your pocket (thanks to maximum localisation policy of Ford!) & is very comfortable front seats! It's rear seats are bit cramped & rear head-room is really poor! So, if you are going to use rear seats very less, then go for it! It worth every penny spend on it!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

Skoda Laura tsi & Hyundai Elantra, both fall in same segment however, same does not apply for Honda City.

If budget is a concern then pick City as it is still unmatched in the price band it comes, otherwise, Laura is a drivers delight whereas Elantra is more premium.

Skoda Laura is the best of the options you have given here. With its 160 bhp and bold appearance it rules the road. You can also consider Jetta TSI Trendline which will cost you around 70k less and relatively young in the market with great LED DRL's and new VW family look. Honda City is a segment lower and stand nowhere close to these cars.

Edited by ashikawa

I had made my mind for Laura but only one dealer has TSI model but it is 2011 manufactured and he is quoting 13.79 lakhs OTR.Should I go for it .The dealers are non committal about 2013 model and quoting wild prices OTR for 2013 model.

I had made my mind for Laura but only one dealer has TSI model but it is 2011 manufactured and he is quoting 13.79 lakhs OTR.Should I go for it .The dealers are non committal about 2013 model and quoting wild prices OTR for 2013 model.

If car doesn't have any damages & if he is ready to offer you 1.5-2 lakhs discount on it, then it's ok! otherwise insist on newer one!

Honda City seems to be the safe bet but considering your aspirations & expectations about your new car, Laura TSI fits the bill perfectly.

Its just one of the extreme machine to drive & enjoy amongst the petrol cars in its budget range.

Go for it only if you're getting some healthy deals on it else wait for some better option coming in upcoming few months.

Honda City seems to be the safe bet but considering your aspirations & expectations about your new car, Laura TSI fits the bill perfectly.

Its just one of the extreme machine to drive & enjoy amongst the petrol cars in its budget range.

Go for it only if you're getting some healthy deals on it else wait for some better option coming in upcoming few months.