Kinshuk

Which Car to Buy?

Hi,

Im looking for everyone's suggestions to the following:

1. Sld I upgrade my City Gxi (2004 Dec) to a ZX Vtec Plus or Corolla H2?

2. I'm looking to remove my M800 (1988) & Omni (1999- 8 seater, staff car) for a hatch back...what sld I go for? Will be driver driven and used in the city by my parents, so back seat comfort is important.

Also, Auto Terrace is offering Rs4.10L for my city which has 13,000kms and is in perfect condition...is the price offered OK?

Cheers!

Kinshuk

Sell your city privately you will get more go for Corolla it has good discounts and is a segment above .Also try Cedia Sport it worth every bugs.

Back seat comfort is best in Palio wait for its 1.3multijet engine will be coming in Feb .

1. go for corolla for sure...... you can wait for the new one also.....

2. you have not specified a budget..... well go for indica..... if just looking back seat comfort.... new indica is longer and with more leg space

3. if you could tell the year and state(the car is registered in ) also.....
adi19912008-01-12 10:33:41

The Honda City resale(13000Kms on the odo) at Rs 4.1 L looks cheap.  A 2004 model Gxi should fetch Rs 5 L  at least. You can advertise it in Times classified or Hindustan Times if you are in Delhi.

The Corolla is available at a discount and will be phased out soon by end of 2008 if I'm not wrong.

The SX 4 is also a good replacement for the City.

Yeah...I expected it to fetch somewhere around 5L...!

Maruti is a bit doubious with their fit n finish...just checked out the Swift and the switches felt 'tacky' and the roof light assy was loose on the SX4!!

With the Corolla being phased for a new model...I think the best alternative is to stick to the City...Vtec is offering almost everything besides climate control! 

I think once u go Honda you never turn back smiley2.gif

Hi' date='

Im looking for everyone's suggestions to the following:

1. Sld I upgrade my City Gxi (2004 Dec) to a ZX Vtec Plus or Corolla H2?

2. I'm looking to remove my M800 (1988) & Omni (1999- 8 seater, staff car) for a hatch back...what sld I go for? Will be driver driven and used in the city by my parents, so back seat comfort is important.

Also, Auto Terrace is offering Rs4.10L for my city which has 13,000kms and is in perfect condition...is the price offered OK?

Cheers!

Kinshuk
[/quote']

The Resale value for your used city looks a bit down , u can expect till 5 lakhs , and morever new corolla will be lunched soon and i think you should go for the honda city Vtec , the best value for money and again you have a Honda smiley32.gif

And now comming to the hatch backs , whats your budget for the hatch back ,

if you are looking for rear seat comfort the indica xeta would be good but however you wouldnot like it after some time due to its endless probs , why not look for Santro power steering or the hyundai i10

Regards,

priya 

the city vtec is a charm man ,i had a long drive in it and it was superb both in highway and in city , i think you should go for the city vtec itself or else wait for the new corolla which is bound to be in indian roads on or after Mid 08

As your city is registered in UP , i think 4.6 - 5 lakhs is a good price , and thats what you should get

For the small car i feel you should get the Santro or the hyundai i10

Cheers!!!

Well even new city is coming this year so even Corolla is good for this discount and don't worry of its resale the older corolla also has competitive resale value if you like new corolla then exchange it in future and for hatch Palio will suit you .Test drive cedia it feels better than city Vtec.

With so many new cars and older ones getting upgraded....I'll stick with my city...till a few month and then have a look at the market scene!

Fiat Linea is a good car...I did get an opportunity to drive it and its fantastic but the main question is whether Tata Motors will be able to provide service properly?

In case ur going to the UK or EU for that matter I'd recommend u check out the Peugeot 407 and Vauxhaul Astra...absolutely stunning cars to drive!

If only the import duties not been this high, could have imported a Peugeot from Sri Lanka!!

For the hatch...we have narrowed down to the i10 or Indica....but has ne1 checked out the i10 or maybe somone here has bought it...?

*Article on i10 safety issues

I agree to watever hyundai say, nice interiors, good design, everything. I would like to draw attention to the biggest and most dangerous flaw in the car.Surprised...imagine a car without impact beam at front. What safety features the hyundai is bragging about. My i10 met with an accident at speed of about not more than 25km/h, hit a tree. Imagine....the engine block is broken. Reason basic manufacturing defect. Now next time u see an i10, open the bonnet and u will be surprised to note that there is not even a single piece of metal till engine block, its all fibre and plastic. So if it meets with an accident, the first thing which is going to face the impact is engine which is barely few inches ahead of dashboard. How are seat belts and air bags going to protect at such close hit. I am looking for a genuine buyer once the car comes out of workshop barely in a month of buying it. Next time if someone suggest u to buy, imagine the consequence of hitting at 50km/hr and accidents do happen.

hyundai i10 search results on autocar

which indica are you consediring the new one or the current one?....

some info on new indica

Tata Motors is on a roll at the 9th Auto Expo in New Delhi. Apart from the much-awaited one-lakh car, Tata has unveiled four new passenger vehicles, the most interesting of which is the New Indica. When it goes on sale in the latter half of 2008, it will be sold alongside the current Indica, but will be more expensive.

Two new engines provide power -- the petrol is a 1.2-litre variable-valve timing enabled motor, while the diesel is the 1.3-litre Multi-jet common-rail diesel already doing duty in the Swift D. Both engines will be manufactured at the new Tata-Fiat joint venture plant at Ranjangaon near Pune.

The new Indica is bigger than the current car, and this only means more interior space. Also new is the non-independent rear suspension and the wider tyres.

The current Indica gets a change of heart too. It gets the 1.4-litre DiCOR engine from the current Indigo. Priced at Rs. 4.25 lakh(ex-showroom, Delhi), it will be sold alongside the current turbo and no-turbo diesel Indica V2's.
tata_indica100108.jpg

Wow most people are fooled by the safety fancys provided and not the body here Palio wins .I checked Swifts engine and it has a lower front guard and middle rod so it is almost safe.