CarCrazyASTL

Honda Jazz based sedan is getting ready! (Not For sale in India)

2013-Honda-Fit-Twist-Jazz-Based-Crossover.jpg

If you remember the last gen Honda city; City ZX to be specific, which was old gen jazz based sedan! It's newer generation is getting ready to serve to the Uncle Sam! Though it'ld be great to see her in India, it's not comming here as it will harm it's own sisters, Amaze & City!

Honda Jazz, the small and efficient compact car will be introduced in three new variants, including a sedan option. Once successfully launched by 2013 in the US, where it is known as Fit, these new variants are expected to enhance sales for Honda Motors. Honda has set a target of 18% increased sales by end of 2017 even before these compact cars are scheduled to go into production.

Production of the new Honda Jazz will commence at the company's new Mexico plant with sales expected to increase well over to 200,000 mark. Honda Jazz will be launched in a sedan and crossover guise with new body styles. Once successfully launched these new Honda Jazz variants will compete with Ford Fiesta, Chevrolet Sonic, Hyundai Accent and Nissan Versa. Exports to US will be effected from Mexico plant.

For India, Jazz sedan, is not yet confirmed, but it will be welcomed for sure. Indian auto industry is experiencing a never before seen rise in sales of sedans, especially in the compact sedan segment. In India, Honda Jazz sedan will compete with Hyundai Verna Fluidic, Maruti SX4, Volkswagen Vento, Renault Scala, etc. Honda India is currently busy with the launch of new CRV SUV (early 2013) and the Brio Amaze diesel sedan (April 2013).

The upcoming 2013 Honda Jazz ranks 1 out of 43 affordable small cars. It affords ample passenger and cargo space for a small vehicle, besides featuring a number of safety features. The Honda Jazz has a standard USB port and optional Bluetooth and navigation besides a number of other safety and infotainment features. Prices of new Jazz models and Jazz sedan are likely to be released closer to launch date.

(Source : www.autoblog.com)

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

The City *is* the Jazz-based saloon. It has been for the last two generations. The current City is based on the current Jazz platform, and the saloon/crossover you're talking about are going to be based on the next one. Autoblog, with all due respect, never seems to have a clue about the Asian market, and all their stories tend to be very USA-centric; as people have pointed out in the comments of the story you are referring to. The crossover concept will be revealed at Detroit, and will use the same platform as the next City, Jazz and Freed (mini-MPV).

The City *is* the Jazz-based saloon.It has been for the last two generations. The current City is based on the current Jazz platform, and the saloon/crossover you're talking about are going to be based on the next one.Autoblog, with all due respect, never seems to have a clue about the Asian market, and all their stories tend to be very USA-centric; as people have pointed out in the comments of the story you are referring to. The crossover concept will be revealed at Detroit, and will use the same platform as the next City, Jazz and Freed (mini-MPV).

Current city is indivisually devloped product & isn't jazz sedan! Just look at current gen. Jazz ( 2012 FIT from USA) & current gen city! & ofcourse they are USA centric, as the site is ment for USA!

honda-city-pictures-046.jpg

2013-Honda-Fit-front-view.jpg

Yes, the site is meant for the USA, but what I meant was that they often don't bother researching what cars are available in other markets before reporting.

For instance, what I believe has happened here is - they've read a report that there will be a saloon, crossover (and mystery third model) based on the next Jazz. Then, not being aware of the existence of the Asia-Oceania-specific model we know as the City, this is news to them. Hence, they are reporting it as an all-new car, when in reality, it will just be the next City.

And of course the Jazz doesn't look like the City. One is a hatchback and the other is a saloon. But it's still based on it. Same goes with the Punto and the Linea. Jetta and Golf. Sunny and Micra etc. They only look the same when it's a budget development like the Swift/Dzire or Indica/Indigo or Brio/Amaze. As you mentioned, yes, the City is an individual product - but only because Honda has the money to do that and thinks that the City is an important enough product to give it its own identity. The Brio Amaze, for example, is a budget car for budget markets, and so it doesn't make sense to spend lots to design a new body shell for such a car.

Honda would be stupid to make two saloons on the Jazz platform when they can just make one. But if you are right, and they are making a separate model for the USA apart from the City, it would really mean they have no interest in saving on development costs. But then again, they have chosen to keep Acura alive in the US for so long, so obviously they don't mind making ridiculous decisions :)

As far as I know both the arrow shot and dolphin model of the city are based on the Jazz platform . I think Honda is trying to do a Jazz hatch , sedan and estate variant for the US market (like the opel corsa sail ,sedan and swing in India).

As far as I know both the arrow shot and dolphin model of the city are based on the Jazz platform . I think Honda is trying to do a Jazz hatch , sedan and estate variant for the US market (like the opel corsa sail ,sedan and swing in India).

And of course the Jazz doesn't look like the City. One is a hatchback and the other is a saloon. But it's still based on it. Same goes with the Punto and the Linea. Jetta and Golf. Sunny and Micra etc.

If you compare the last gen city to last gen jazz they were exactly identical! & all of your mentioned products do look very similar to other exept sunny & micra! & 2010 Nissan Micra K13, 2011 Nissan Sunny/Versa, 2012 Nissan Invitation concept car, 2013 Nissan Pulsar/Sentra/Sylphy all of this cars are based on Nissan's V platform & some of them do share engines, so will you say that all of them are derrived from Micra? Similarly Jazz/Fit & city shares engines & platform, but both of them are completely diffrent!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

That way the new VW MQB platform will go across about eight segments. Think about it segment wise no? C-segment saloon, C-segment hatch. The same basic size of vehicle.

Saying that a car is a saloon version of a hatch is not based on looks, it's based on platform, engine, components and parts sharing. And don't you think it's better when manufacturers make an effort to make their saloons look like saloons?

Still, like I said, let's wait it out - and if you're right - and Honda makes a separate 'Jazz sedan' for America that is not the City or the Amaze, I will humbly declare that I was wrong, and that Honda are idiots.

Also, the last City and Jazz are far from "identical looking" - only common feature I see are the door handles.

post-7704-0-28718000-1355382292_thumb.jp

Brio based sedan =Brio Amaze.

Jazz based sedan =City.

& India is getting all new-city by 2014 in both i-VTEC petrol & i-DTEC Diesel engine options.

IMHO, it's going to be based on Jazz platform, but is going to be hugely re-skinned to differentiate from Jazz hatchback.