Sign in to follow this  
hsamudra

Which bike is best in 125 CC

Hi,

I am planning to purchase 125CC bike which one is better?

CB Shine or Discover 125 ST

My major concerns are

1.Mileage

2.Comfort while riding

3.Safety and road grip

Could you suggest me in this?

Regards,

Hari

Hi friends I am in need of a basic bike immediately . The following are my requirements, please suggest good options .

1)My usage will be for a year's time here in Bangalore and later I will take the bike to my native . So the most important consideration is the life of the bike . It should last at least for another 15 years without big mechanical issues. However for the next 15 years it may cover very less mileage. It is just for spare usage whenever we visit our native . Ultimately I need to use the bike once in 3 months and therefore there should not be any issues even when not used for 3-4 months.

2)It is least probable that I may resell the bike after a year's usage in Bangalore itself instead of taking it to my native as mentioned earlier . Just in case if I plan to resell I shouldn't lose a lot of money on resale .

3)I am a heavy guy so the bike should at least look slightly big .

My short listings are .

All hero bikes looked very much out dated and ugly.

CB Twister- Good to go.

Discover 100T and 125 ST - Ok but really don't trust the bajaj bikes in terms if reliability.

Tvs Phoenix- No idea- people please share your views.

Budget is not an issue but i would like to keep it in the bracket of 60-65k and other options are also a welcome . Please suggest .

Close your eyes and go for Shine 125 or Yuga 110. They have great realiability and would surely remain solid even after 15 years, atleast 10 years for sure. Avoid Twister as it is an urban yuppie rather the village goat.

Close your eyes and go for Shine 125 or Yuga 110. They have great realiability and would surely remain solid even after 15 years, atleast 10 years for sure. Avoid Twister as it is an urban yuppie rather the village goat.

@rki:

My vote is for Hero's New Passion X Pro, it has got the new 110cc engine from Twister & got new looks also.

Being a Hero bike, it is supposed to be reliable & fuel efficient, so you might not lose much in the end while reselling it(if needed).

Personally i prefer Hero bikes more over Honda bikes in terms of Reliability.

Another option is CB Twister or Bajaj Discover ST, which ever you feel better.

Only 2 options.

A used RX100 or an ordinary old engined Passion.

With passion, you get 5yrs warranty and will live for another 15yrs easily. XPro is new technology, can't say much about its long term reliability.

Never a bajaj. You ca't buy any spares even for a 5yrs old pulsar. In 15yrs, you will be seeing 500th variant of Discover.

Edited by creativebala