manishp

Volkswagen Polo vs Hyundai i20 vs Honda Jazz

I am buying a new car. I have done survey with respect to my requirement and shortlisted three cars, these are, Volkswagen Polo, Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz. I am totally confused with these three options.

I need safety features so going for top end variant and monthly run will be 500-600 km, so going for petrol.

Please give your feedback/suggestion to finalise my selection.

Volkswagen Polo has got the handsome looks and german engineering is well reflected in its engine. Its after sales service is poor. Cost of maintenance is high.

Honda Jazz has got most refined engine. Spacious and sporty. Design looks dated. Steering is not much responsive.Honda's reliability is unquestionable.

Hyundai i20 is very pricey. Looks awesome and feature laden. Fuel economy is poor. Engine technology is poor and outdated. Reliable service network.

Honda Jazz is somewhat ok ok option of these, but not all time favourite though.

Instead Fiat Punto 1.4 petrol & Swift ZXi petrol are the good options though, belonging to the same segment.

Still not convinced then wait for Performance rich Polo 1.2 TSi or Abarth Punto for the arrival into India soon in early 2013.

Yes Fiat Punto 1.4petrol would be a wise decision, great handling, superb control, spacious and comfortable. Lotz of features included.Go for the latest Absolute model packed with lotz of goodies. You will get,

3G Tablet with GPS & Smartphone,

Branded Metallic Door Sill,

Branded Cabin Mats,

Contoured Splash Guards etc

thumb9.png

Id suggest you wait if you are going in for a petrol. Early next year (jan-feb) VW are launching the Tsi engine which is an absolute gem. Lets be honest, VW has been offering absolutely crap engines on the polo so far (in India) and that goes for the 1.6 too.

The 1.2 will be turbocharged ,will avail of excise benifits & at 106hp will be genuinely quick and a lot more fun and yet efficient compared to the current 1.6 polo.

If you can, please wait. Will be totally worth it .

Abarth Punto for the arrival into India soon in early 2013.

How can u suggest him an Abaarth when he is looking at i20 segment ?

Cmon man, I Dont think that will come less than a sticker price of 15L (ex-showroom)

For a good petrol go for the JAZZ mid variant because it is the most competent premium petrol hatchback . Also it is extremely spacious when compared to POLO and more powerful and responsive than the i20 .

How can u suggest him an Abaarth when he is looking at i20 segment ?

Cmon man, I Dont think that will come less than a sticker price of 15L (ex-showroom)

lolz..

Globally, Punto in Abarth avatar is available only in 3-door version, with hi-tech gadgetry, body kit & much lower ground clearance.

Lets see in with which configuration Abarth Punto is coming !

Is it just going to be a existing Punto with 1.4 T-jet petrol engine, some body kits+Alloys & Abarth logo.

If the latter is yes, then expect it to be very competitively priced to gain some product volumes & brand building, else selling handful of volumes like FIAT 500, won't help FIAT much again in any terms.

Fingers crossed.

lolz..

Globally, Punto in Abarth avatar is available only in 3-door version, with hi-tech gadgetry, body kit & much lower ground clearance.

Lets see in with which configuration Abarth Punto is coming !

Is it just going to be a existing Punto with 1.4 T-jet petrol engine, some body kits+Alloys & Abarth logo.

If the latter is yes, then expect it to be very competitively priced to gain some product volumes & brand building, else selling handful of volumes like FIAT 500, won't help FIAT much again in any terms.

Fingers crossed.

You may have got this right, if you refer Autocar India Jan edition (pg 19) it states that the Abarth Punto may be launched for an affordable price tag of 6-8 lakhs (local assembly)

How did u know this ? U work for Fiat or something man ? Ha ha ?

:D