Arjun_M

Honda CRV or Suzuki Grand Vitara?

Which petrol SUV?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which petrol SUV would you recommend?

• Honda CRV
    • Suzuki Grand Vitara

If this was a buying decision (for someone with loads of money to spend), which of these would be recommended? Both are expensive CBU petrol SUVs (unless the Grand Vitara is actually made in India), making them almost completely irrelevant here in the price-conscious, mileage-conscious market. I feel the Suzuki Grand Vitara has a slight edge being a more capable off-roader than the show-off CRV, which has had some sales because of the Honda brand. Honda has a few more safety features (anti-theft alarm, traction control). Two vehicles that make no sense here in our country today, but if the money was there to spend, which one would it be?

The one thing going against the CRV today is its price. The Grand Vitara is more of an off roader of the two. The CRV is better on tarmac rather than off it. I have driven both and the CRV surely feels more refined because of the Honda engine. Its tough to decide between the two but since Im not really an offroad person I'd pick the CRV

Suzuki Grand Vitara has a great offroad capability. Also on asphalt it drives pretty well. It is handsome and still has the looks to die for. The important thing is that I personally feel the Vitara has the DNA of the mighty and rugged Gypsy. I love this SUV and I expect it should get a diesel heart.

Grand Vitara wheels out of the competition as it definitelt performs better then the CR-V and the build quality is also good. You get Maruti's brand and trusted service also...

With elegant looks and sturdy feel, it sure is a hell of a winner

Honda is all set to launch the 2013 CR-V in India on February 12th, 2013. The new model will be priced competitively in order to tap the shrinking market size of petrol SUVs. Now, the car will be assembled in India and only the petrol variant will be sold in India.