Sign in to follow this  
himanshuagarwal2003

Which Brand tyres are best

I suppose the STOCK SIZE is 195/60 R15

If you want a premium tyre COMFORT tread then your options should be;

1) Michelin Primacy LC

^ Yes it is expensive but truly worth it ( Running this setup on my Renault Scala, truly impressed with the ride & handling)

2) Continental Premium Contact 2

^ was running this setup on my Punto ( 2nd set )

If you want a good blend of both comfort & handling then;

- Yokohama DB Series is very good ( currently running these on my Cruze , 215/55 setup)

Performance/Handling spec;

Yokohama ES 100 (was running on my Punto)

^ Good handling , good tread design but life is short like say 30-35k kms max

Regarding upsize i.e. 205/60 i am not sure how good is this , yes may increase the ground clearance by a whisker, may be members here owning a Linea may suggest you regarding the upsize if is a good idea or not.

Michelin would be a better choice, The rubber compound is adequately soft. Road rolling noise will reduce and handling will be lot better. But the sidewalls are very much prone to be damaged if inflated at a high pressure. Fill it with nitrogen and you will feel the difference. Michelin rubber will absorb most of the minor bumps. I am using them on my Palio Stlie.

Goodyear and MRF may give you a long last but the compound quality is very poor.

Go for Michelin with your eyes closed if you can shell out an extra buck because you won't regret about that.. Michelin tyres are pretty damn good and not noisy as compared to other ones..

But, if you want tou buy within the budget go for Apollo tyres, they are a bit noisy but hey u get a good set within the price bracket

Michelin tyres are made from Softer compound which provide smooth and quality ride. Basically they are meant for good roads.

MRF tyres are made from comparatively harder compound, provide longer life as said by sibasis. they are meant for bad quality broken 'Indian' roads.

Michelin tyres are made from Softer compound which provide smooth and quality ride. Basically they are meant for good roads.

MRF tyres are made from comparatively harder compound, provide longer life as said by sibasis. they are meant for bad quality broken 'Indian' roads.

Ya i agree with you MRF tyres are best for people of india sice the roads are not too smooth and ditches are common :rolleyes:

My experience: Yokohama ES100, excellent grip, wet perfomance, quite noisy

Michelin Primacy LC: Comfortable, low noise, seems like slightly less grippy compared with ES100. This is my recent change from ES100, good for highway cruising

Currently, I am using a pair of Apollo Alnacs on the rear wheels and Apollo Alnac 4Gs on the front wheels of my MS Swift VDi (late 2018 model). The performance on wet and dry surfaces is quite good and I have had no major puncture issues with the older Alnacs.

Over the years, I have come to trust Apollo Tyres for delivering a cost-effective and performance-friendly experience. Even their entry-level tyres like the Amazer are great value for money. If you are changing tyres on an older Maruti, like the Zen or Alto (pre-facelift), these tyres can offer outstanding mileage.