dkhator

Need suggestions on how to take up grievances with Hyundai Motors India Ltd.

Issue Reported to Hyundai on : 11 Nov 2012

Days Gone past since then: 49 days

I have a Hyundai Verna Transform model, about 18 months old and driven less than 12000 kms.

Summary of the Issue:

There was a leakage in the Fuel Injection Pump- fuel had leaked into the engine and mixed with the engine oil. There is a problem with the oils seal , the flange and other components of the injection pump unit.

It turns out that the other parts of the engine, including the crank shaft, piston rings, valves, gasket and other key components were damaged due to overheating of the engine.

The whole problem started due to the defaulting fuel injection pump, the failure of which is highly questionable given its critical nature to the whole engine assembly.

After 49 days and still no sign of resolution, how do we go about asking for a redressal to this issue?

My options currently are:

1. Wait for them to rectify all these issues which includes changing all the parts mentioned above.

(with extended warranty)

2. Do I Ask for a new replacement car (Hyundai Verna) and be willing to pay the difference.

If you have a clear service history , which basically means it has always been serviced at the Authorised Service Station and you have kept all the service dates as pescribed by the Manual , they cannot deny your claim for an engine replacement

The talk about you wanting a new car is a long shot as they will not be willing to do so without the COURTS intervention which again is a long drawn affair.

I mean why would you want a car from a similar manufacturer with a product that has failed you recently.If you really want to trade this car and willing to pay the difference for a new one ask them to pay you the market value of this car and move on - my personal preference

Your engine is dead... However, you can claim for a new car, but they will not give you just another car only for the faulty engine. The most they can do is change your entire engine and change it without any extra cost if your car is under warranty and all that