stackoverflow

Punto or swift or ritz

Hello All, I am thinking of buying one of these hatchbacks. I am thinking between punto, ritz and swift. My daily running will be not more than 40-50 kms. but when I drove the diesel ritz, I felt that it was much better to drive as compared to a petrol vehicle. In addition I would like to know which of these hatchbacks would be a good option to own in terms of driving comfort, rear seat space, resale value, service network and maintenance costs. I know that fiat has some service issues and spare parts are not easily available. I am a first time car buyer.

Punto will get an updated version soon dont put your money there. + the service is an issue

If you liked the Ritz you would love the Swift D too (better dynamics + Better looks)

So i think Swift D would be an apt 1st car buy

Hi,

Out of the above mentioned cars, the swift would definitely be the best buy when it comes to your priorities. The punto is a very decently built car but has been marred by FIAT's after sales service issues.

Practically, the swift (especially in diesel form) is a capable all round car and with Maruti's A.S.S being second to none, there is not much to worry about.

Choose between the swift and ritz , out of which ritz would be readily available and also be offered at a discount.

Swift is a definite pick , go for Ritz if a high seater excites you and you are in no mood to wait.Punto is attempting a facelist in early 2013 along with the Linea so if you are a fan wait for the newer one.

In that segment Ford Figo is the best value for money! Ford's 1.4 TDCI engine is way better than Fiat's 1.4 multijet, plus overall ownership experience of a Ford is much premium compared to Fiat or Maruti! & this car has all that one expects in this segment & yets it's very friedly on pocket! If you have some more money to spend, then go for Polo! Again it's got everything that it's rivals has to offer + it has a nice touch of quality!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

In that segment Ford Figo is the best value for money! Ford's 1.4 TDCI engine is way better than Fiat's 1.4 multijet, plus overall ownership experience of a Ford is much premium compared to Fiat or Maruti! & this car has all that one expects in this segment & yets it's very friedly on pocket! If you have some more money to spend, then go for Polo! Again it's got everything that it's rivals has to offer + it has a nice touch of quality!

Hi, is it correct that ford service is not that good and parts are expensive?

How is ford maintenance cost?

Hi,

Looks like no one is fond of FIAT our here.

I own a Linea Diesel , wonderful Engine and wonderful handling.

I stay in bagalore. As far as service issue is concerned i dint find any service issue till date. To add on your first service is after 1000 kms but after that is once in 15000kms/1year.

The punto is a wonderful car super handling and very good fuel efficiency.

Your should test drive it definitely.

Hi, is it correct that ford service is not that good and parts are expensive?

How is ford maintenance cost?

No, not at all! Ford's After Sales Service is one of the best in India! & due to higher level of localization, Spare parts now cost much cheaper & Figo is cheaper to own than even market leader MS Swift! (I'm owning a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 SXI & mine maintainace cost is even less than my friend's swift!)

Hi,

Looks like no one is fond of FIAT our here.

I own a Linea Diesel , wonderful Engine and wonderful handling.

I stay in bagalore. As far as service issue is concerned i dint find any service issue till date. To add on your first service is after 1000 kms but after that is once in 15000kms/1year.

The punto is a wonderful car super handling and very good fuel efficiency.

Your should test drive it definitely.

can I know from which dealer did you buy and where do you service the linea? are they servicing it properly, any loose jobs or cheating?

Fiat Punto is definitely an awesome car with great build quality and excellent ride & handling. No need to worry about service, because Fiat is opening its own service centers. The Ritz and the Swift, both have Fiat sourced diesel engine.

Give a try to Punto by taking a test drive. Punto employs a 75 bhp as well as a 90 bhp award winning Multijet engine.

But if you are looking for good resale value, cheaper maintenance and wide service network, you can choose a Ritz or Swift.

Amongst these two cars, swift has better dynamics and better handling. In Ritz you will get a cramped boot space. Both the cars use 75 bhp Fiat sourced Multijet diesel engine.

All the three cars will give you similar fuel economy but Punto may deliver a little less due to its heavy body.