nipcarlover

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI GT EDIT : Launched at Rs. 7.99 lakhs Ex Showroom Delhi

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum, have been reading through it and enjoying it.

My question is this:

When is the Polo 1.2 TSi launching in India?

My family is going to buy a new car, by Jan or Feb, currently going to buy a Honda Jazz X. However, if the Polo TSi is launching in India soon, we might just delay the purchase if it were to be launched at under Rs. 8 lakh.

Do you think here are any chances of the Polo 1.2 TSi launching at a price point under Rs. 8 lakh, considering it has the TSi engine AND the 7-speed DSG 'box?

Any help would be appreciated!

My family is going to buy a new car, by Jan or Feb, currently going to buy a Honda Jazz X. However, if the Polo TSi is launching in India soon, we might just delay the purchase if it were to be launched at under Rs. 8 lakh.

Do you think here are any chances of the Polo 1.2 TSi launching at a price point under Rs. 8 lakh, considering it has the TSi engine AND the 7-speed DSG 'box?

Only test mules are spotted yet but there's no confirmation on its launch date yet. But its sure that VW is considering multiple engine options for Polo, to spruce its range in India.

Even there's no other hatchback coming till Feb-end or March 2013, as far as i know.

No price has been declared yet. I can't confirm you on the pricing if it's gonna be below 8 lac or something.

However, you have many hatchback options available in the market . Honda Jazz X is a good car (no doubt), but its pretty outdated.

However, you have many hatchback options available in the market . Honda Jazz X is a good car (no doubt), but its pretty outdated.

I know it is pretty old, but it is still a good car, and I would welcome any other suggestions. :)

Its confirmed. The 1.2 TSI Polo is launching this month. Turbo petrol with a 7 speed DSG box

Woah !!! The POLO gets TSI power.

& 7 spd DSG is gonna be a game changer. Will make the current A/T's < 10L feel pre-historic ;)

Is it the same one used on the 7 speed DSG in the 1.8TSI Superb? Because that dry clutch DSG has serious issues world over...

It'll be different gearbox from the Superb 1.8 TSi due to Polo's much smaller & less powered engine.

7-speed specs might sounds same as Superb but unit will be altogether different.

It'll be different gearbox from the Superb 1.8 TSi due to Polo's much smaller & less powered engine.

7-speed specs might sounds same as Superb but unit will be altogether different.

How sure are you about this. AFAIK the same 7 speed DSG is being launched. Volumes may be low to justify bringing in another DSG just for the polo.

How sure are you about this. AFAIK the same 7 speed DSG is being launched. Volumes may be low to justify bringing in another DSG just for the polo.

New DSG volumes for Polo TSi should be equal to 1.2 TSi units atleast, as both will imported units for Indian market.

Btw, 1.2 TSi shares 7-speed gearbox with Polo Cross TSi & New Beetle TSi, which are globally successful units.

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum, have been reading through it and enjoying it.

My question is this:

I would like to appreciate that people still buy excellent petrol hatchbacks above 5 Lakh INR mark in a period of horrid petrol prices, TSI is going to be a great petrol head's ride plus the comfort of family hatch, truly worth buying when it is launched in the last quater of this fiscal.

Hello,

My question is this:

It is great to see a person buying a petrol hatch over diesel one from the premium hatch segment, the launch is expected in the last quater of this fiscal and 7+ Lakh price tag, you can still go for Jazz in the used car market for as low as 3.5 lakh iNR, it is too a phenomenal petrol hatch with capacious interior.

Spy shots of Upcoming Polo 1.2 TSi GT with 7-speed DSG gearbox:

post-67-0-09698600-1365882148_thumb.jpg

105PS, 1.2 TSi Petrol engine generating 175Nm torque.

I'm expecting it to be equally fuel-efficient too.

post-67-0-01006400-1365882126_thumb.jpg

Updated Interiors with added:

-Leather Steering wheel cover & Gear knob with white stitching.

-Premium upholstery.

-DSG Gearshifter.

-Racy Alloy pedals.

-Auto Climate control AC.

Version adopted for this 1.2 TSi GT petrol is Highline, which was already loaded with top-end goodies.

post-67-0-80625400-1365882262.jpg

Refreshed back with New decals with GT & TSI badging on either sides of tail-gate.

Can be understood better by Performance hungry people.

(source of the pics: as mentioned on the pics itself)

The DQ200 7 Speed DSG in this car was first launched in the Superb TSI AT and is a dry clutch unit which turned out to be a disaster in Indian Dusty conditions with very high failure rate in the Superb.

Hope VW has got this right and the prospective customers ahould be made aware of this fact.

The DSG on the polo will be identical to the one thats offered on the Superb tsi. Yes the same dry clutch unit.

Word is that theyv worked on it and its not as unpredictable as before. Ofcourse thats strictly relative.

For those not wanting to take chances theres always a manual or the option of a 106ps /250nm TDI polo that will accompany the 1.2 tsi. That though will only be offered with a manual.

Expected Launch date : 29 April 2013 , it would be a good replacement to the 1.6 Highline.

Better still it would sport the GT tag

Major concern is its pricing , expected to be over 70K to 1 L than the normal sedate ones.

Volkswagen has launched the Polo GT TSI at Rs. 7.99 lakhs. Ex Showroom Delhi.

A Couple of pics live from the launch event

post-7692-0-10928100-1367218909_thumb.jppost-7692-0-53361500-1367218918_thumb.jp

1.2 liter 4 cylinder TSI engine

105 PS @ 5000 rpm

175 Nm @ 1500-4000 rpm

7 Speed DSG Gearbox

Safety features: Polo GT TSI gets

ESP

ABS

Front driver and co-passenger airbags

3 point front seats belts

Engine immobilizer

Pinch guard for all 4 windows

A good attempt by VW to target niche premium hatchback segment.

One critical point will be the reliability of DSG, will shall be answered with time.

Also, it would have been better had VW provided some extra body kit etc to differentiate GT from regular Polo.

Choice of only 3 colors red, black, white seems to be little disappointing.

Insane pricing , these beauties will remain out of the reach of many because of its pricing.

By my estimates prices off by a huge margin , atleast 50K needs to be knocked off the table to make it attractive .

Even the styling is nothing to wtite home about , had it been given racing kits , decal ,flasy paint job , racing stickering , it could have then commanded the current price but it's too plain to get easily noticed.

Car for technical nerds not for showoffs which most of us are.

A big dud in my opinion, solely because of the wrong pricing. Not much can be said about the reliability either owing to the DSG horror stories I have heard. A big thumbs down from me.

One can only expect the taste of DSG gearbox from this small car priced at Rs.7.99 lacs.

Else Turbocharged Petrol engines are best served with atleast 6-forward speed Manual gearbox for some thrilling experience & sensible pricing. Here more focus seems to be on market skimming than product USP show.

Expect 6-speed Manual gearbox mated to this 1.2 TSi engine in India in no time.