nipcarlover

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI GT EDIT : Launched at Rs. 7.99 lakhs Ex Showroom Delhi

Volkswagen has launched the Polo GT TSI at Rs. 7.99 lakhs. Ex Showroom Delhi.

Though it is a product of a class...but shouldn't it true that now i20 Auto is more value for money package than Polo at this pricing?

Price: Rs 8.6 Lakh

Hyundai i20 is the costliest automatic hatchback we have in the market. It is available with a 4 speed Automatic gearbox and comes in Sportz trim where you get ABS and an Airbag ,the most plush and luxurious small AT car in India.

To be fair to VW they have launched a true blue drivers dream for the city folks . They could have gone for shortcut and launch the 1.6 engine and auto combination . Then we would criticize them for launching non DSG with unrefined engine . I would still not recommend this right now because the dry clutch GB is known for issues and VW has mandated 10 warrenty on this GB in China (China has provisions to mandate manufacturer's to change defective components unlike India) . But since the torque is lesser than the 1.8tsi engine this GB might prove more reliable with 1.2 tsi . Pricing is as per expected trends for this model , the DSG is an expensive piece of kit.