undead

Swift Facelifted

There are so many swifts around with upgraded 15" to 17" rims on them. Some have even gone upto 18"ers!! Changes the stance of the car completely and makes it look really nice.

The current alloy wheels on the swift look pathetic. I hope they have changed the design and increased it to 15". The tyre profile is quite high on the swift so it won't affect comfort that much.

The tail-lamps aren't really an "update," the Euro Swift always had them.

It's just that we people lapped up the old Swift, crappy tail-lamps, Esteem engine and all. I'm not happy that the update is here, I'm wondering why it wasn't launched earlier. Did it take THIS much time for them to get convinced that an update is necessary? Even Mercedes-Benz treats India better.

Does anybody have the specs of the M-series engine as compared to the old Esteem engine. Power output, torque, performance, economy. Better still (FRG & 325i, are you listening) if we can have the torque and power curves of the old and the new. 

Well, since the Swift is a best-seller in India, I think Maruti-Suzuki could/should give more engine options - like offering the 1.5 VVTi engine, at least, other than the diesel they currently they offered.

Dealer told me that it now bosts drive by wire tech .

Wonderful work rssh- you are a true blue Swift fan.I love the pictures posted. The M Series is now here after 3 years owing to the insecure feeling at the MSIL hqs as a result of the cut-throat competition in this segment that is going to come till the end of 2008!

We should also be ready for discounts in the next ten months or so on the LDi and the VDi, which have  a 2 month waiting period now.

It appears like a Indicaish front grille touch-up. the M series engine may tumble the price economics of this car. But if MSIL is able to fit the M series engine and price it competitively' date=' many may not opt  for the diesel powerplant. [/quote']

All thats latest isn't always good. The SX4 engine is no great shakes according to ACI. The old Baleno engine was much better comparatively. The All Aluminium Engine of the Esteem is a gem and smooth and high revving. It has probably reached the end of it's life in the form of the Swift <India and China>. The M series replacement will be complying with the emission norms better than perform better than the esteem engine. Remember as the emission norms tighten it's that much difficult to make it performance oriented.

Dealer told me that it now bosts drive by wire tech .

Wonderful work rssh- you are a true blue Swift fan.I love the pictures posted. The M Series is now here after 3 years owing to the insecure feeling at the MSIL hqs as a result of the cut-throat competition in this segment that is going to come till the end of 2008!

We should also be ready for discounts in the next ten months or so on the LDi and the VDi, which have  a 2 month waiting period now.

Talking about true blue fan I loved the darkblue colour on it but I think Maruti hated itsmiley36.gif

It appears like a Indicaish front grille touch-up. the M series engine may tumble the price economics of this car. But if MSIL is able to fit the M series engine and price it competitively' date=' many may not opt  for the diesel powerplant. [/quote']

All thats latest isn't always good. The SX4 engine is no great shakes according to ACI. The old Baleno engine was much better comparatively. The All Aluminium Engine of the Esteem is a gem and smooth and high revving. It has probably reached the end of it's life in the form of the Swift <India and China>. The M series replacement will be complying with the emission norms better than perform better than the esteem engine. Remember as the emission norms tighten it's that much difficult to make it performance oriented.

The Baleno's G16 is much better suited to revs, but the M16 has a better torque spread - it's a little coarse near the redline. As for your last sentence, I disagree. There are many engines made today that are performance-oriented and yet comply with ULEV norms in California.

The swift is coming with minor upgrades like new grill, new tail lights, new interior fabric trim, new alloy wheels, digital clock at the top empty space of the dash, integrated CD/MP3 audio system(double din) with steering mounted audio controls, chrome insets in steering wheel, and iCATS system.

there are no new colour intros and neither does it get a new M-series engine.

I prefer the g16b engine of the Baleno more because of its performance, fuel economy, and joy of revving it hard.... The M-series has more bottom-end and mid-range torque making it easy to drive in traffic and cruise steadily on the highway. But its no performance savvy motor. It meets tighter emission norms though.

Its tough to do that....i dont have a scanner..

I tried to download it from the swift website but it is not functioning properly..

may be because of my browser.