ra4

SUV vs Sedan....

Need a sedan or SUV for a bracket of 12 lacs.

My daily driving- 10 kms

Monthly - 200 - 400

Needs - Safety, Comfort, Low maintainance, Features

Driving - Self

You can give me other suggestions also

SUV and Sedans, both have their own pros and cons, but it entirely depends on your actual needs.

Go for a SUV if,

-You have a big family.

-Roads are bad, interior or rural areas.

-You want to show a road presence.

-Higher maintenance costs can be managed.

-Fuel economy is not a concern.

-Lots of safety features.

-Comfort and added functionality.

SUV options to look for: Mahindra XUV500, Tata Safari Storme, Renault Duster (mini suv), Mahindra Scorpio

You can also choose some MUVs like: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Toyota Innova,

Go for a sedan if,

-Relatively small family.

-Premium feel and satisfaction.

-Fuel economy is a concern.

-Dont want to go off road or interior areas with bad roads.

-Equal safety features and creature comforts.

-Great comfort on good tarmac.

-Maintenance depends on the model you choose.

Sedan Options: Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna, Fiat Linea, Skoda Rapid

considering u wil drive it urself n hav a budget of 12lakh i would say go for a sedan :sedans like the topmodel new fiesta or topmodel verna are very comfortable, loaded with features,silant,refined n luxarious n safe(tallboy design of suvs r scary on the highspeed highways(but then dats only my way of thinking), its not too huge like more premium sedans thus more manageable in indian roads, suv considering its size n trukish drive its an unneccesary head ace in our cities, n considering our roads n highways r getting better nowadays..the reasons to buy n suv becomes even more slim.

but these are only my way of thinking n its sure different when the requirement change...like if u want high groundcleance n road presence go for an suv.

But i believe SUV can do everything your sedan can and can do a couple of more things too. XUV 500 is a living proof of it. The customers who were in for a corolla shifted to XUV 500 and it's become the best seling car in Rs.15 lakh segment. SUV is a SUV, a sedan cannt even come close to it. The recently heating up CUV segment in India is also an example of a SUV being better than a sedan. Go in for a XUV 500 or a Tata Safari Storme. You would not faulter with yor choice.

Need a sedan or SUV for a bracket of 12 lacs.

My daily driving- 10 kms

Monthly - 200 - 400

Needs - Safety, Comfort, Low maintainance, Features

Driving - Self

You can give me other suggestions also

Go for Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 mHAWK.

Its one of the best & most easy to drive SUV in the city conditions(as you drive less, i expect you'll gonna drive it in city preferably).

It's one of the most reliable too, across all the current breed of SUV.

Else spend more & buy Mahindra XUV500 base variant.

Go for Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 mHAWK.

Its one of the best & most easy to drive SUV in the city conditions(as you drive less, i expect you'll gonna drive it in city preferably).

It's one of the most reliable too, across all the current breed of SUV.

Else spend more & buy Mahindra XUV500 base variant.

I know Scorpio is a good SUV..i've driven it many times and its very rev happy engine. but i think its too old for me. Its a really good suv but I'm thnking bout the XUV 500 or Elantra

Bcoze i've incresed my budget to 15 lacs.

I recently drove the XUV500 but wasnt somehow impressed. Yes the engine is good but apart from that it didnt strike a chord with me. The Elantra on the other hand is superb car, easily one of the best looking cars in the market plus they have a few variants to choose from. Add to that you get a host of features as well. I would go with the Elantra here

Yes , stay clear of both the XUV and Scorpio.

The recent flurry of awards for Elantra make it a good buy , frankly ,you dont get to see a number of them , on the roads though.

It might be confused to be the Verna at times.