Hello everyone I thought of sharing my experience with TOYOTA with all of you and to reconsider your decision of buying a TOYOTA in future.

My vehicle Corolla Altis has given me more problems than a 10 year old Fiat Padmini would give and Toyota has been trying to wash off its hand from these problems by giving lame excuses.

Here is a mail that was sent by me to TOYOTA.

I shall Highlight the important lines as the mail is a bit long.

THIS WAS THE 1ST MAIL, AFTER WHICH VEHICLE WAS INSPECTED AND IT WAS ADVISED TO GET THE A/C SWITCH CHANGED . COST Rs 22000/- My reaction was :o ( Is it the a/c switch of the a/c itself) . I REFUSED TO CHANGE THE BUTTON AS IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SNESE TO PAY SUCH A HEAFTY AMOUNT.

Dear Sir/ Madam

I own a SEP 2008 Manufactured ALTIS G Model(MH 04 DW 3910 ) with climat control A/C. The vehicle was purchased in Feb 2009.

However, recently the
A/C on off switch has malfunctioned and needs replacement
this is really surprising considering the fact the the
vehicle has just completed 3.5 years
and the
parts have started malfunctioning as soon as the warranty came to an end.
The vehicle has started showing signs of old age. I purchased a Toyota thinking of the best in class Quality and reliability , I always believed Toyota Vehicles are built to last a lifetime but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. On the contrary my 9 year old Hyundai which has done more than 1 Lakh KM but there has not been any such instance which indicated poor quality.

Regards,

Kushal Goenka

https://mail.google....hTG_yTIZa?sz=24

KUSHAL GOENKA
<goenkakushal@gmail.com>

5 Jan (4 days ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to voc

cleardot.gif

Dear Sir/Madam,

I appreciated your quick response to my trailing mail on 18 Dec 2012 soon after which you had called the vehicle for checkup at Lakozy Toyota. I was expecting my vehicle to be back with the A/C switch problem rectified, unfortunately I was informed that the part cannot be repaired and can only be replaced. I asked them to go ahead and replace the part but when the service advisor quoted the price of the A/C switch as Rs 22,000/- I was shocked at the exorbitant pricing of spare parts by Toyota and refused to get it replaced.

The never ending list of problems that I have faced with this car has shaken my Trust of Q for quality in TOYOTA Brand.

If I look back in history ever since I purchased this vehicle I have faced only problems with this car.

1) The Car had a brake pad issue during the 1st week of delivery from showroom which used to make loud noise. This was repaired by Millennium Toyota by cleaning and by repairing the faulty break pads.

2) The repairing of faulty break Pads turned out to be a costly affair for me because the pads were worn out at just 16,000km which is very very unusual and happened only because the faulty break pads were not replaced but repaired. However TOYOTA washed off its hands by claiming that this is a wear and tear part and hence it is debatable.

3) The Vehicle made a lot of body rattle which was due to the roof not being pasted properly, this was again repaired on complain.

4) The Vehicle had a Fuel pump Failure and I was stranded in middle of no where which a broken down vehicle, this was repaired the next dat at my residence.

5) The steering Column has rattling sound problem, this problem was tried to be sorted out several times and the steering column was also replaced but all in vain as the rattling noise continued.

All these problems were not enough to reflect the TOYOTA Trust, Quality that the A/C switch joined the set of problems to prove the poor quality of components, at least this time I expect Toyota come forward and rectify its quality problems.

If I had to suffer these never ending list of problems I could have gone for a SKODA product. I opted for Toyota only to stay away from the Horror stories heard from SKODA's customers on various forums . I am afraid Toyota poor quality is soon going to damage is reputation as a Reliable and quality oriented brand.

I have never heard or experienced any car with these many never ending problems be it an Indian manufacturer or foreign manufacturer. In future I would like to stay away from such a problematic Brand as 'TOYOTA' and would also suggest my well wishers to stay away.

Its high time Toyota wakes up and stops singing its song of Quality Revolution, as there is no revolution without evolution.

Regards,

Kushal Goenka

cleardot.gif

Sad to hear about your situation. This is unfortunate. I havent seen such issues in Toyotas really and they are said to be the most reliable cars around. A possibility that you got a one off lemon perhaps? What is Toyotas response to you complaint? Are they doing anything about it?

Keep this thread posted.

I will only appreciate the quick response by toyota, but otherwise Toyota Kirloskar only forwards your complain to the dealer and the dealer has the same response with an apologetic touch to it.

Same was the case here, the dealer had already told me the cost of the switch as 22 k and also stated that it needs replacement .

After the mail was sent to Toyota I got a call from Toyota saying we will forward your problems to the concerned department and they will get in touch with you, but the call I got was from the dealer CRM team who told me the same thing once again that switch cost is this bla bla bla and the verdict was 'pay if you want your switch working as your warranty is over'

Yes, wear and tear parts are always open for a debate but how to they justify the switch.

Right from the start ,Clearly a bad piece of machinery was delivered to you.How often can you go on getting it repaired.The warranty running out just before this failure started is bad.They can shy away from any responsibility whatsoever and blame it to your driving style.

Tell them you are not ralling with the car for it to have so many and so often breakdowns.The service history of the problems you have faced and gotten rectified is a glaring proof of you being served a LEMON

I would love to see their complete responses to you. Clearly ,Never heard of issues with a toyota vehicle.

+1 agreed with OP. From my personal experience with Toyota I simply do not subscribe to the "bullet proof reliablity" slogan. My car too has been riddled with problems/issues from day 1 & Toyota did not do much from their end.

The Warranty analysis by OP is spot on, the product is designed in such a way that the it starts to self-destruct just as the warranty gets over. The products are build to a price & cost-cutting can be seen everywhere.

On the top of it all, the products are very highly priced.

Why single out toyota? Every thing on the market post the millenium is designed to fail after it's warranty is over.

Why? Then how else would companies be in business if everything worked hunky dory for a very long time. Electronics, automobiles, generators you name it.

Not one company makes something like our old household japanese transistors which even today work brilliantly.

@Born Free

can u explain what is OP..

Toyota TOPS at least in my list for cost cutting, compare any toyota vehicle with a honda in the same segment and you will see the difference.

All the plastics parts in toyota will be made of cheap plastic .. like dashboard or instrument cluster of etios is a classic example of cost cutting.

The speakers provided in the music system is like paper.

Try this experiment if you own a toyota.. Take any small iron object and try to place it neat the speaker provided in your toyota and you will find that the speaker does not have any magnetic field at all.

I had pointed out to toyota several times about the poor quality of part but they always said its a wear and tear part or some other excuse.

I even told them that I have a feeling I have been served a LEMON but according to them all was good

@vr 46 You are right my friend everything today is designed to fail after warranty is over.. but thats true with electronics like home appliance which are mostly made in china.

Thank god... our vehicles are manufactured in India, even Hyundai and Maruti have less break downs than my vehicle and even if they do, we dont have to spend 20k for break pads and 22k for A/c button

@goenkakushal: Are you still have some trouble with TOYOTA? if this is the case, they you can also reach to CNBC PAHREDAAR.

This show is dedicated towards customer grievences related to product/service.

@SStar

thanx for the suggestion ...

Guys it looks like loads of other people have been served with lemon.. I am not alone..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/48559-brake-noise-problem-new-corolla-altis.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/72004-corolla-altis-brake-pad-wear-tear-2.html

http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewThread-5583-p4.html

Edited by goenkakushal

There is absolutely no progress... TOYOTA has said that your vehicle is no longer under warranty.. Hence they cant help..

So now you know that manufacturers don't consider themselves responsible once your vehicle is out of warranty

Its sad to hear about your situation. Toyota certainly need to work upon their products and their dwindling sales numbers should give them some warning signs of things slowly going wrong. Afterall, for how long would a single product (Innova) help them stay afloat when the competition is coming up with better products at lesser price. Gone are the days when the Indian customer had no or limited choice and the sooner companies like Toyota, Skoda and VW realize this, the more time they would have in their hand to set Indian hearts beating for them. Think they need to learn a lot from Honda on what commitment to the customer means.

However, recently the
A/C on off switch has malfunctioned and needs replacement
this is really surprising considering the fact the the
vehicle has just completed 3.5 years
and the
parts have started malfunctioning as soon as the warranty came to an end.
The vehicle has started showing signs of old age. I purchased a Toyota thinking of the best in class Quality and reliability ,

cleardot.gif

Actually, you're not the lone sufferer of such kind of problems.

Every modern manufacturer makes their products with components of such limited time period, with keeping cost/pricing as the biggest constraint. The life of the products is usually upto the standard warranty period of the product +/- few extra months.

However, most of them stay or tend to stay intact due the conditions under which they're being used/operated.

Products like -Battery of a laptop, Battery of a home Inverter, Cellphones, Compressor of a Room AC, Refrigerator, etc they all just live upto their warranty periods only with additional life-span of 20-30% of the latter.

I'm not saying that every product just able to clock the life upto their warranty periods only, but atleast they've to live upto the brand expectations & as per their quality also, unlike as in yours case Mr.Goenka.

In previous-era the products were built with Heart but now the same happens with Brains & keeping Business/Financial missions in the mind.

You're really having the right to get the maximum as per the money paid, so you're going right. You can take the case of every possible sources for your rights, be it a Auto magazine, Internet, Legal methods or e-mails, etc.

Baba, I dont get one thing, when your car is out of warranty and Toyota is not helping anyone with your problem, why not go to an independent A/C mechanic. I am sure he can find a work around the Rs problem. Sometimes, these guys are more innovative than the entire R & D center of Toyota put together.

@livetodrive haha.. well its true that these guys are more innovative at times but it does not mean Toyota R&D dont have such innovative ideas.. Its the company's policies which stop them from implementing these ideas.

You would have observed that the Authorised workshop guys always prefer replacement rather than repair be it a dent on body or bumper or even a mechanical part. This is because all companies prefer to replace the entire assembly in order to maintain its reliability . eg. A starter motor or fuel pump can always be repaired but whenever you visit the Authorised workshop for same they will only replace it.

Similarly in my case the A/C switch is faulty but Toyota is asking me to change the entire assembly of A/c switch.

Edited by goenkakushal

Wow!

A dedicated show on the German Brand SKODA INDIA maltreating its customers today on CNBC AWAAZ , running right now on the tele.

Multiple failures on Superbs and Laura with practically no Customer Support.