PrancingHorse

Jaguar goes the CKD-way with XF 2.2

post-7692-0-64059700-1358829716.jpg

Jaguar has launched the XF with a 2.2 four cylinder diesel engine putting out 187 bhp. The XF is now being assembled at the Chakan plant in Pune where the Freelander is also assembled making it the second JLR product to see local assembly.

Looks wise the distinguishing factors from the 3.0 litre model is the single exhaust pipe and the absence of the 'S' badge on the boot. But it does get a lot of goodies like satellite navigation and a switch that allows rear passengers to slide the front passenger seat back and forth. Other small but significant additions to an equipment list that also includes a reverse camera, dual-zone climate control, paddle-shifters, keyless go, a sunroof, Bluetooth connectivity and USB and aux-in ports.

The XF 2.2 is available at a price of Rs. 44.5 lakhs (Ex Showroom Mumbai)

Read Autocar India's review on the 2.2 XF here

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/269350,new-jaguar-xf-22-diesel-review-test-drive.aspx/1

post-7692-0-59268000-1358829719.jpg

This brings down the cost of this variant by 12 Lakhs , too bad for those who had purchased this beauties recently.

A move that can eventually end up making the entire range more affordable , can someone tell me what would the 2013 Freelander 2 cost like around its March Launch

Yes it will be significantly cheaper. I have seen many XFs on the road in the past year or so. An entry level model will surely see the sales shoot up. The Germans are good but they are no longer cheap either. And I really want to see people move away from the Mercedes BMW fascination. JLR needs to up service a bit.

@librankur: The facelift Freelander should be here soon and prices would hover around 40 to 45 lakhs on road in my opinion

Finally. the 2.2 comes in. Good move Jaguar. Even though it doesnt appear very powerful on paper, it still is a very good car with a good number of features thrown in. This should spoil the German party for sure. Next on my wish list for CKD is the Evoque

This brings down the cost of this variant by 12 Lakhs , too bad for those who had purchased this beauties recently.

True, may be people would feel disheartened for being charged excessive. Had they waited, they would have been saving huge bucks :)

A move that can eventually end up making the entire range more affordable , can someone tell me what would the 2013 Freelander 2 cost like around its March Launch

I think it should follow the same suite and should be around 40L to 45L.