PrancingHorse

SCOOP: Low cost Micra coming

post-7692-0-88740200-1358934630.jpg

With Nissan already doing well with the Sunny, looks like they want to have the Micra reach out to more customers. They are doing this by readying a low cost Micra (code G02A) to go head on with the i10 and Brio. The car seen in the picture was snapped by an Autocar India reader on the outskirts of Chennai and did have taped tail lamps and badging.

the updated Micra could get a new tail-lamp cluster. However, the rear bumper and wheel cap designs look similar to the current car and are unlikely to be changed. The interiors however, will see some changes owing to cost cutting efforts by the carmaker. The adjustable front headrests will to be replaced by a cheaper single piece design that is integrated with the seat. Nissan plans to delete some other features as well. The current Micra is priced at Rs 4.23 lakh for the base petrol and Rs 5.98 lakh for the base diesel variant (ex-showroom, Delhi).

However, the G02A is expected to cost around Rs. 70,000 less and is expected to be launched in March this year

Heard of this news quiet some times back and what I heard was, a low cost petrol only Micra,

Are you sure Diesel is also going under knife?

Once cheaper, this car should extract customers from Figo, Sail, Beat, Ritz..etc and should be priced neck to neck with Beat. IMHO, a better mix at beat's price.

Good scoop! Low cost variant coming in diesel too?

Off late Micra was feeling the heat from the competition, consumers showed interest in other offerings in the premium segment. Going a step down would be natural progression I guess! :P

@Sstar: I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. I really hope they do not compromise on safety even if they are looking at a low cost entry level variant. Safety is of upmost important today and feel Nissan should not omit the driver side airbag

@Sstar: I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. I really hope they do not compromise on safety even if they are looking at a low cost entry level variant. Safety is of upmost important today and feel Nissan should not omit the driver side airbag

I agree, but his is how the Indian entry level market is today and this is something which every manufacturer as learned. But it would definitely be a sad moov.

I still feel that brands like nissan are for classes & not for masses! This may pull volumes for them, but it also harms the brand image badly! I mean, logan (Opps, Verito) is an exellent VFM product & may pull decent no.s; but when someone thinks about it, a fleet cabs comes in-front of his eyes! Thats why, premium brands, should maintain there premiumness!

Micra petrol is already a well priced car.

But Diesel needs a one variant below the current base XV variant.

It'll be featuring feature-list like:

-Firstly, Greige interiors should be retained.

-Providing it with ordinary keyless entry system of Remote with key than Push Start-Stop button, as the latter costs Rs.~30k while the former costs ~10k only.

-Front Power windows only.

-Factory fitted Music system should be omitted.

-Moderate cost-Upholstery.

-Fabric lined door trims can be omitted.

-Manual internal adjustable ORVM should be provided.

-Black door handles & mirrors can be provided.

-Driver side Airbag should be retained for Ultimate safety.

I think all these changes, alongwith few other minor under the hood changes can really make Micra diesel a very lucurative option for Executive hatch buyers & can really provide Nissan the class volumes, what they actually needs now.

And probably a Happy fate for cute noisy car.

-

But Diesel needs a one variant below the current base XV variant.

-Providing it with ordinary keyless entry system of Remote with key than Push Start-Stop button, as the latter costs Rs.~30k while the former costs ~10k only.

cute noisy car.

Yup the diesel needs price cuts for sure.

30K for the push button system :o are you sure ?

Your last comment sums it up pretty much :D

With so much testing & spyshots of new low-cost Micra, one can seriously assume a change more than of its feature-list, something like deletion of parts, components & skipped up manufacturing process of European standards, all to achieve the Indian cost targets here.

Yup the diesel needs price cuts for sure.

30K for the push button system :o are you sure ?

Your last comment sums it up pretty much :D

Thanks.

Yes the Pust Start-Stop system in Micra's Genuine parts bin list costs Rs.~30k.

The low cost Micra seems to be on schedule. Here are some fresh pics of the low cost variant that was spotted testing in Chennai. Note the black door handles and the lack of a rear wiper. There should be changes to the interior in terms of equipment as well. I just hope the driver airbag stays. Nissan has promised earlier that safety feature will not be compromised on any variant in Nissan models.

post-7692-0-40877400-1369758734_thumb.jppost-7692-0-15584000-1369758751_thumb.jppost-7692-0-03134500-1369758768_thumb.jppost-7692-0-41272800-1369758784_thumb.jppost-7692-0-38706000-1369758800_thumb.jp

Source: Indianautosblog

@PrancingHorse:

Thanks for sharing pics..

it is definitely a facelift from the front as well. So Nissan may be preparing to give the cute looking Micra a little bit of tooth to project its smiley face more prominent. Along side, they would come with a lower variant as well

If this is a low cost Micra what would a Datsun be.

Micra is a segment above Datsun car. Datsun car will be like our M800 with a stylish grill. If Nissan really thinks about serious numbers, they should plonk in the 1.5D into Datsun's bay. By doing so, they have a small, FE and yet a very reliable diesel car.