anandch

MAMTA wants 10 lac nano`s

As per a news paper article mamta banerjee has demended the tatas to donate 10lac nanos in return of the land being given(gifted as per her statement)to them....its so absurd that the vision of our so called politicians is shortsighted..instead of appreiating mr tata for the wonderful vision and grits and keep up of promise (he made 4 yrs back)we have them demanding such.so is she justified...come on guys need your feedback.

This lady drove around in her own private Tata Sumo in Kolkata and

WB and won so many elections.I do not know whether she still owns the same Sumo. She must thank the Tatas for producing a robust Sumo that has helped her move around and win. Her antics were hollow and she was later exposed to the masses.

Tatas can't help her win an election now. So its not in her lexicon to praise or thank the Tatas. Its the masses who will revive her back in politics and either support or reject her. So asking for the 10 lakh Nanos is only a gimmick to bring her back from wilderness.She must rename her party as Tri Nano Congress TNC as the Nano has helped her revive her from wilderness.

I am sorry dudes for politicising the whole issue in this otherwise clean, gentleman's forum, but there are certain things which need to be replied back to in fitting words for "pardafaash " or exposure as they say.

Its not a joking matter by any means, lots of people got conned out of their lands and cheated by Tata middlemen. Many are homeless and landless. Tata promised to hire some of them for menial jobs like guards etc. even that promise has not been delivered and to rub salt to their wounds, opportunist politicians like Mamata comes and tries to take the full mileage out of it. Loosing your land in a country limited by the Land ceiling act is not pleasent in any ways, think of you as a land lord loosing your hard earned house to tenants you rented your house to.

Agreed, but I thought the Land Ceiling Act was history. I think all states should adopt the Gujarat model for land acquisition. Soemhow they have plenty of SEZs as well with no brouhua. If there was trouble then the 'limousine liberals' as ArnabGowsami very aptly called them would have been howling all over. 

Unless one goes and visits ground zero, one would not have the idea about the impact. News people or so called reporters have virtually no idea or report within the framework of their agenda. I have no idea about Gujrat but in case of WB, it was just land grabbing by CPM cadres and blatant robbery in every case.

Unless one goes and visits ground zero' date=' one would not have the idea about the impact. News people or so called reporters have virtually no idea or report within the framework of their agenda. I have no idea about Gujrat but in case of WB, it was just land grabbing by CPM cadres and blatant robbery in every case.[/quote']

I have also heard stories on the same lines. This is why I wonder about Modiland. Plenty of Industry and 20+ new SEZ'z. They must be doing something different and possibly correctly. What I hear is that the Industry has to deal directly with the land owner, who also has to be given a stake in the plant coming up. Another thing I heard (though this is almost certainly not applicable to Singur) is that the SEZs have to be promoted by Industry and not property/estate developers.

thats why i think WB is still in the medival ages in terms of development and the nandigram and the singur issues have rightly pointed out the path in which investors have resisted.....hope tata`s get some due for their efforts and once the factory is put up,jobs would come automatically.And as usual our great political parties take mileage out of some issue(whether gud for people or not).

Don't think Modi is as corrupt or crooked as the CPI thieves out in Bengal regardless of what the so called media tries to portray him as.

Agreed. Given the near pathological antipathy of our media I expect they have gone into his antecedents with a very fine comb and come up with nothing.

I had a colleague in Gandhinagar for a year, and he happened to also attend on of his Pravasi Bhartiya jamborees. He was mighty impressed by the delivery as well as the organisation.

May be we should hand over a few other states (or indeed the country) to him to set right. As they say at the end of the day "It is the economy st**id".

thats why i think WB is still in the medival ages in terms of development and the nandigram and the singur issues have rightly pointed out the path in which investors have resisted.....hope tata`s get some due for their efforts and once the factory is put up' date='jobs would come automatically.And as usual our great political parties take mileage out of some issue(whether gud for people or not).

[/quote']

Since its a non agro based industry, Tata could have avoided ruining hard to find fertile land and spilled blood and build their factory in barren Purulia where there would have been absolutely no opposition. It was suggested to them but their bloodlust for money prevailed.

Today the Hon'ble Kolkata High Court has dismissed 11 petitions and has upheld the land acquisition (1000 acres approx -- its some 997 acres) by the W.B. Govt for the Tata small car project at Singur. Hats off to the Nano! Thumbs down to the catalysts and brokers of the violent means used.

Of course the farmers must be compensated well lets pray.

Check out what I just read in Today's edition of the Mid-day.Apparently

Mr.A.L.Quadros,General secretary,Mumbai Taximen's Union will be sending

a letter to Tata Motors expressing his desire to buy Tata Nanos to

replace pre-existing taxis on Mumabi's roads.He said he wwants to buy a

minimum of 5,000 Nano's every year to replace Mumbai's 55,000 taxis

Check out what I just read in Today's edition of the Mid-day.Apparently

Mr.A.L.Quadros' date='General secretary,Mumbai Taximen's Union will be sending

a letter to Tata Motors expressing his desire to buy Tata Nanos to

replace pre-existing taxis on Mumabi's roads.He said he wwants to buy a

minimum of 5,000 Nano's every year to replace Mumbai's 55,000 taxis

[/quote']

I guess every one wants the NANOsmiley36.gif

A political party wants Nanos to be reserved for the deserving (not rich) sections of the society. Is that possible in a free economy? thats taking us back to the ration card and BPL days...

The Mai Baap Sarkar mindset is still going strong in our netas and babudom, and possibly many NGOs who rely on the state handouts.

Even BPL should be on Food Stamps rather than on Fair Price Shops, subsidized LPG (for people to siphon into cars), and ultra cheap Kerosene (almost all of which adds to pollution as fuel adulterant), etc. etc.. Also, then you have only one point to administer.

But then how does the 'system' survive?