saurabh.khatri17@gmail.com

Urgent Query Regarding owners and kms done

Hi,

Urgent query!

Does owners really make a difference while buying a second hand car,such as single owner, specially second owner? Till how many kms done is it advisable to buy a second hand car.

As, I am planning to buy Maruti LXI(2005 or 2006), VXI( 2005 or 2006) model.

Below is the details of the car.

Owner: Second

Model :May 2006 LXI (power steering , power window, AC)

Car kms done is : 41000

Rate : Rs 165000

Owner: First

Model :May 2005 LXI,VXI (power steering , power window, AC)

Car kms done is : 70000

Rate : Rs 155000

Kindly suggest which one should I go for.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saurabh.

Hi,

Urgent query!

Does owners really make a difference while buying a second hand car,such as single owner, specially second owner? Till how many kms done is it advisable to buy a second hand car.

Lxi / Vxi of Which model ?

Plz specify

Generally a First owner car is prefered over a Second Owner car because in this case you will be the Second Owner of the car rather than the third owner.

A car having gone through a number of owners is bound to fetch a smaller price than a similar car with a lesser number of owners , all specs remaining the same, this is because the end user/buyer is worried that two many people have driven this car and their respective driving styles have had a toll on the car, also there is an element of a hidden defect which might not appear now but would gradually surface as such a car changing so many hands automatically becomes a suspect.

In your case you havent specified the model but personally ,the first option looks tempting , remember you are going to have a hell of a time explaining others about your number three position on the RC if in the future you decide to sell it.Buy it only if you plan to keep it till its demise or would be willing to sell it off for peanuts.

Everything written above : Assuming you have done your homework and have driven both the cars and find both at par in performance / condition / ownership record / service history and the likes.

Hi,

Urgent query!

Owner: Second

Model :May 2006 LXI (power steering , power window, AC)

Car kms done is : 41000

Rate : Rs 165000

Owner: First

Model :May 2005 LXI,VXI (power steering , power window, AC)

Car kms done is : 70000

Rate : Rs 155000

Regards,

Saurabh.

which car are you talking here please specify. Also, first hand cars are preferred over other option.

Usually, it doesn't matter that if it's a second owner or a frist owner car or how many Km it has clocked! What matters is that how the car is maintained! A car clocked 1 lakh Km with proper services, is way better than a unmaintained car clocking 40,000 km! & the prices quoted to you are sky-high, it doesn't worth a rupee more than 1.2 lakhs! I'ld suggest you to search over net for used cars, than some old car dealers or pre-owned shopees!