sujith3120

i10--good enough?

Folks,

Anyone owns an I10 around here? I'm currently looking for my first car. Had zeroed in on the swift LXI, VDi and the I10.

I10 seems to be the most economical option and comes loaded with features when compared to the LXI. I really love the swift, but kind of hesitating to go for the LXi as it does not really have any features. Also the VDI is very expensive around 5.8 lakhs, and i'm not sure if i would be driving so much.

So my question is the I10 good? and what is the mileage that you get? Better than the swift petrol?

the i10 looks cheeky and is less wider than the swift( the only drawback i find) cause the width does not justify the interior space.also the i10 is less expensive and for the price of the top end varient you get a second varient of the swift.do test drive see what suits your drive and your pocket,u dont invest too often on a car afterall....happy choosing

Hey Guys,

Thnx for all you feedback. Ive some how decided that I will invest on the Swift Diesel VDI, hoping that I recover the extra one lakh thru fuel savings and later thru re-sale value.

Also, the SWIFT is one of the best cars around and I'm sure I will not go wrong with it.

Cheers,

Sujith

there is a man with my taste..... WHITE....... it looks good in all cars and you can never go wrong with it.... maintaing it..... well if you love your car spending a while on cleaning it shouldn't hurt...... and it's not that hard to maintain......

trust me on my perseonal exp. the max cars i owned were white...... and they all were sooooooo goooooooood.... not to the mention white is the colour of peace and god..... it's proved to be lucky for me and all my family members and to all those we sold that cars to. 

I'm thinking of sunlight copper or the white. But is the white very difficult to maintain?? I actually love the white.

First of all , congrats on your new car and good selection too

Well i have a white swift , and its metalic white and not the ordinary white , and white color and other light colors are easy to maintain and dust and dirt is not very visible in Light colors and will keep car look good , on the other hand in darker colors the dust and dirt is clearly visble and makes it look dirty , well this my experience , and the good thing is that you liked the white , thats it , whit eis easy to maintian and i think you should go for White

Cheers!!!

Well I think you meant the other way mndvishnu Get you White swift in the rain and the dirt water splashes are easily seen .The easy colour to maintain would be Brown look at new swift thread .

Adi has a Skoda Laura. After spending time in a Big car, one always feel the small car to be frail and unsafe. I used an Alto(my brother's) after driving my Elantra; I used to feel that the Alto 'jumps all over the place' and it's electric power steering was absolutely devoid of feel and turned in too sharply and had some hair raising moments, for sure. Just need some getting used to. i10 is a good car, go for it.Durango Dude2008-01-20 05:39:12

My junior was gifted an i10 on his 18th birthday (yes, I just want to rant about how unfair it is to us poorer classes) - I wasn't allowed to drive it because he's a prick :P - but from the way he was going on about it I'd say it's much better than the Swift, at least luxury-wise. The mp3 kicks the Swift's fat behind, and the seats are great even with the stupid plastic covers on. And it looks hotter, and even though the fuel efficiency seems average going by what he told me (I'm not convinced because he's a typical madu), I would go for the i10 if I were you.

They're both good cars though, I'm sure you won't regret buying whichever one you decide to buy in the end.

is that black swift yours?

No its not' date=' but would like to buy a car any suggestions.smiley4.gif
[/quote']

are you looking at a 5-6 lac range?.... by the way the swift is a good buy in it's category.... though i prefer esteem as it's a sedan... but it's going to be replaced by swift sedan soon and and lacks a 32bit micro processor which swift has (rest of the engine is totally same)...... but my suggestion would always remain accent petrol... you get it 4.99 now.... hyundai so prob with company.... you get a sedan..... but only if you plan to keep it for atleast 4-5 yrs as the car is been replaced my verna it's resale might get affected but over a longer duration doesn't matter that much.....

i have i10... no problem what so ever at all ...

i clocked a highway mileage of 21 and city of 15 w/o AC...

as your choice is Diesel ... i would recommend you Fiat Palio 1.3 Qudrafire / Multijet ...

Swift quality isnt great ..its rattles soon ...

is that black swift yours?

No its not' date=' but would like to buy a car any suggestions.smiley4.gif

[/quote']

are you looking at a 5-6 lac range?.... by the way the swift is a good buy in it's category.... though i prefer esteem as it's a sedan... but it's going to be replaced by swift sedan soon and and lacks a 32bit micro processor which swift has (rest of the engine is totally same)...... but my suggestion would always remain accent petrol... you get it 4.99 now.... hyundai so prob with company.... you get a sedan..... but only if you plan to keep it for atleast 4-5 yrs as the car is been replaced my verna it's resale might get affected but over a longer duration doesn't matter that much.....

The range is 6-7 lac, but need a 6 -7 seater. i guess the swift is a 5 seater right.

Any specific problems with swift diesel?

Is swift diesel waitlist genuinely due to high demand or is maruti restricting production to correct some snag?

Any problems with engine / brakes- a maruti dealer told stopping distance is too long due to some snag