sujith3120

i10--good enough?

any comparasions between annual regular service costs of i 10 and Swift LDi (more frequent scheduled services)

does swift LDi ( a Diesel) ultimately have high maintainance costs

will it be worth spending extra 1 lac for 800 -1000 km per month

If you do normal service then it ll match the petrol one but changes like engine oil and mechanical spare parts are slightly expensive and this will come at around 40k km thats the difference.

HI Guys,

I'm back! I was out for a holiday to Kodaikanal with my friends! Drove my Friend's swift diesel and was simply amazed by the power and fuel efficiency! I have actually gone ahead and paid a booking amount of 50k to the Maruti dealer. Delivery should be in April.

H/ever, I'm still slightly apprehensive in spending close to 6 lacs on my first car. Have my doubts if I would be driving that much to benefit from a diesel. I thought I will think over it.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Sujith

Yup, had a lovely ride on a bicycle around the lake and it was great fun driving the SWIFT D around Kodai. It pulled effortlessly and the car control was amazing! Also the stability of the car at speeds of 120kmph was really cool.

Source : autocar.co.uk

448811326.jpg

Extreme

4488113018.jpg

The Renault Twingo 1.2 60 Extreme

Test date Friday, April 04, 2008 

Price as tested  ?7,500

The Twingo Extreme has many strong points; it rides very well, has

class-leading boot space, four Euro NCAP stars and fits a full spare

tyre into a car weighing just 950kg and measuring 3800mm in length.

The chassis, which proves such a joy in the GT, also shines in this

base car, though even on the 6000rpm redline you won

is it worth buying a diesel car for running about 1000 km per month?
options : i 10 magna / Swift LDi

say if your petrol car gives you 15 kmpltr and cost of petrol is 50 Rs per ltr ....cost of running is 50/15 =Rs 3.34 per km.

if your diesel car gives you 18kmpltr and cost of diesel is 38 Rs per ltr

.....cost of running is 38/18 = Rs 2.11 per km..

difference = 3.34-2.11= Rs1.23 ~ say 1.3 per km...

cost difference in terms of maintenace say petrol car is cheaper by Rs0.30 per km than diesel.....effective difference is Rs 1/- per km.

so cost of running diesel car is Rs 1/- per km less than petrol car...

that means if your running is 1000 km per month you are going to save 1000/- rs on running diesel car per month....

now comes the price difference between diesel and petrol car....swift lxi costs around 4.3 lacs on road...while swift ldi costs around 4.9 lacs on road.....difference of 60,000 /12,000(your yearly running/saving ) = 30months.....so you are going to recover your cost after 30 months of your purchase....

well if you are comparing it with magna its gonna take some more time before can recover the cost....this comparison is purely on petrol/diesel difference and maintenance.....if you take into account depriciation and insurance then again petrol car is cheaper then diesel one....

More or less the mileage of both the cars are the same. the mileage for the i10 is  about 15to 16 in highways and in city 14 to 15  where as the swift would give 14 - 15 in highway( petrol ) and 10 in city .

hey buddy just hold on to ur plans of buying an i10 a bit longer....coz in a few months its going to get a 1.2 l engine which is a powerful engine producing 77 bhp and its gonna be priced just 10 k more than the ordinary i10...so just wait !!!!