librankur

What should these used vehicles cost ?

What should these used vehicles cost ?

I am seeing two cars today 03/02/2013

1) Optra top diesel variant , sunroof , first owner , 80000 kms,5 years old,few scratches.Delhi reg.coffee colour.

2) Safari EX , first owner , 60000 kms, 5 year old, white,few scratches, delhi reg.

Both needed for interstate use, to be driven by drivers,what is the maximum amount that i should be ready to pay for them.

Both are distress sale items from a single owner.Practically everything in this household is for sale.

TD both today , I have never owned a sunroof vehicle so have a soft corner for the same and the price is just a mouth watering 1.5L , last i heard a decent after market sunroof job costs close to 75K onwards and the Safari is going for 4L.

My drivers were happy with the old Safari performance ,bonus being the tyres on the Safari were brand new and worth close to 25K as per the seller,will be buying the chevy just for the sunroof though it was in a good condition for a car that old , perfectly knowing though in delhi sunroofs are useless.Full service history for both cars was available

@librankur

Optar @ 1.5 L for a diesel top end is a good enough deal, even though it had run in 80k kms.

As for Safari, is it a 2.2 dicor model or previous one?

If it's 2.2, then i would say it's an Ok asking price of 4L. Should try to bring it down by 25-30k if possible.

If it's old model then i would say don't buy it.

Just to let you know, i posted an adv to sell my Safari just to check it's price in market and the best offer i got was around 5.5L.

It's in mint condition, a Sep 2008 2.2 dicor model, Ex variant but it's in dual tone (cypus grey/silver), with just 32k on odometer and with alloys, reverse parking sensors etc.

Carwale.com suggests 4,80,000 Rs. for Safari & Rs. 4,30,900 for the optra! & at that price you can get some exotic cars like Honda Accord or Nissan Teana of 2006 & driven arround 50k Km & even a Ford Endevour 4*4 of 2004 & driven arround 45k kms! Do search on net before buying!

Oops , My bad, should have updated the post i started, both have reached their destinations and have been pressed into service @ 4.5L

Call it merits of distress sale.

carwale.com is nuts , what do they know about cars :-)

Oops , My bad, should have updated the post i started, both have reached their destinations and have been pressed into service @ 4.5L

Call it merits of distress sale.

carwale.com is nuts , what do they know about cars :-)

They usually, took the avarage cost of described vehicles from the classifieds available with them!

You got both of them for 4.5L?

@ carcrazystl :Yes, both for 4.5 they needed to sell both badly.

@Sstar : Thanks buddy ,Will surely snap them for you next time they are in Delhi.These were meant for our construction business out of town.

@carcrazystl

These are for our construction business , they would ferry our equipment and workers into VERY POSH GATED localities where construction is not permitted let alone any type of construction vehicle .Off late people were deploying busted second hand rides to achieve the task in hand.Old Sumos , Boleros ,Sierras, Estates they were an eye sore and easily spotted .

Both these will be doing the same.Few years back when we were working on a similar project in Delhi , the client would use his MERC to ferry building material inside such a locality while our truck would be parked at a distance.He gave us this idea initially and we have kept the tradition alive.

Do you still feel we need the 3M package ? :D

@carcrazystl

These are for our construction business , they would ferry our equipment and workers into VERY POSH GATED localities where construction is not permitted let alone any type of construction vehicle .Off late people were deploying busted second hand rides to achieve the task in hand.Old Sumos , Boleros ,Sierras, Estates they were an eye sore and easily spotted .

Both these will be doing the same.Few years back when we were working on a similar project in Delhi , the client would use his MERC to ferry building material inside such a locality while our truck would be parked at a distance.He gave us this idea initially and we have kept the tradition alive.

Do you still feel we need the 3M package ? :D

No! Then you won't probably need it! :D

This society people are disgusting! :angry: For last two years, I was living in a very luxury apartment at pune for education (Owned by my parents) & when we were shifting my stuff, secretory some other guys stoped me from using elevator to transfer the goods, I gave him a dirty look & carried on! Later he enquied to my driver & other servants & he came to know that I was going to live alone, he further arued with me & told me to vacant the place! I shouted at him & told him to do what he can do! & then I took a printout of the SC orders which states that society can't ban batchlers & pined it to the notice board! & belive me bro, after that I broke thousands of so called, Society rules & no one dared to mess with me! & I even played some politics in society elections & the secretory who apposed me was lost! Tell your clients this story & ask them to be brave! :lol:

Edited by CarCrazyASTL