Ajit car crazy

Query about new Jaguar XF

hello all forum users..am back here again about some doubts on the newest Jag XF S. Well, my last thread here were about buying the luxury saloon...now am getting close to it..if all go right, I hope to book the new ride in April-June,2013. now I have some questions about the new XF.. I got to know that it has got immense update throughout the XF range including the arrival of new smaller 2.2 ltr diesel engine. but am more interested in 3.0l. it has got fantastic features. my queries are-

1. Does the new XF S have a set of proper front fog lamps apart from the low and high beam lamps?

2. Anyone knows the Ground clearance of it? I got no proper answer of it from anywhere...but heard from the autocar review its been raised for Indian roads..pls confirm me this.

3. Will it be really a bad choice for back seat users after using e90 BMW 3er? will it be better than current Audi A6?

am leaning towards the XF S now as 5 series is getting too too much common in premium markets and lounges...so wana get a different beast next time.. I myself too got 2 bimmers..so trying for the stunning looking Jag. pls help. thanks in advance.

Hi Ajit

I havent actually seen front fog lamps on the XF so probably you could confirm this with your dealer. The GC has definitely been raised for our country if I remember. As far as back seat comfort goes it is way way better than the E90 which I really find cramped. I havent tried the new A6 yet but in terms of back seat comfort Mercedes still rules the roost.

The XF is fun to drive though

The XF does not come with fog lamps as standard.

For rear seat space the XF is NOT a wise option. Head room is severely limited due to the swooping roofline and legroom is strictly average considering its 49xxmm length which is huge !

In terms of downright comfort it still lies with the E but in terms of space it should be tight between the A6 and E class.

While the A6 3.0 TDi and 530d are genuinely quick , the 350 CDI and XF S are brisk in their own right its just that against the former 2 they are lacking in outright pace.

thanks everyone for sorting me out the things. hmmmmmm, package wise BMW 530d is looking much more confident choice. Also, to set it apart BMW started providing the M sport pack with the new 530d as standard. Also, I mentioned earlier too, I found the rear seat of F10 530d simply most generous in the segment I gotta test so far. So, will that be a more practical choice than the Jag? Also I gotta see in the newest spec sheet of 530d that the GC is 158 mm. Which, considering the segment is truly outstanding I guess. Is it true info?

actually I live in a small town, here owning premiums are different than in big metros. Here a premium becomes your identity. Like, I was the 1st bimmer buyer here, so everyone here knows me here as 'BMW guy'. Here I got some magnificent friends of mine who also got BMWs..now in this small town there are 4 BMWs. So, I was thinking to land here next time with a completely new premium brand. Merc. is not my choice, Audi is good but does not have a good rear seat with insufficient thigh support, then there is the Jag.also, am considering the High-end variants of the models I named till now. So, considering all, will it be right to prepare for another BMW in my garage and also in my town??? guys, pls keep helping me..it is really a tough time for me here to narrow down withe best choice..unfortunately my dad won't allow me to buy more than 1 at a time...

The choice is yours to make. What you say is right - the 530d makes the most sense as a package since BMW are offering a lot of things standard on the 30d where as Audi have optional packages which dramatically increases the cost of the car. Besides, you did not like the rear seat of the A6 (you are right about the poor thigh support part, many Audis rnt great at thigh support).

But the problem lies here - You already have BMWs, you dont like the rear seat of the Audi, the Merc just isnt your type and the Jag doesnt have the best rear seat in the business. The only NON-negative comment out of the 4 lies with the BMW and there-in lies your answer. At best you could TD the XF S 3.0 and A6 3tdi again but i dont see you swaying your decision away from the BMW unless the other 2 came up with some dramatic discounts.

By the way that did remind me that the A6 3tdi is going for hefty discounts. If at all you sway away from the BMW bargain hard and get a killer deal.

Good luck.

@PlatzdaTurbo..ya, thnx 4 your suggestions. The thing is when I start consdering that BMW is getting common and I also have provision for the Audi, there is where my confusion starts again. U told I can now force my BMW dealer for a big discount on the M530d but I doubt will they agree considering its a very newest 1 and also WB gets hardly 3-5 530d annually..

1 more thing, I was again thinking about the A6 as it promises the technos never possible by other premium manufacters currently present in India. In the case of new A6, is the rear seat even smaller than XF??

Also, A6 reports to have better ride quality and better lighting system and a whole lot more..am getting too chubby with this.

A6 isnt very common too..as a whole will A6 beta right choice to look at considering my demands of tremendous driving quality, excluvisity, rear seat comfort and good relaibility

hello all forum users..am back here again about some doubts on the newest Jag XF S. Well, my last thread here were about buying the luxury saloon...now am getting close to it..if all go right, I hope to book the new ride in April-June,2013. now I have some questions about the new XF.. I got to know that it has got immense update throughout the XF range including the arrival of new smaller 2.2 ltr diesel engine. but am more interested in 3.0l. it has got fantastic features. my queries are-

1. Does the new XF S have a set of proper front fog lamps apart from the low and high beam lamps?

2. Anyone knows the Ground clearance of it? I got no proper answer of it from anywhere...but heard from the autocar review its been raised for Indian roads..pls confirm me this.

3. Will it be really a bad choice for back seat users after using e90 BMW 3er? will it be better than current Audi A6?

am leaning towards the XF S now as 5 series is getting too too much common in premium markets and lounges...so wana get a different beast next time.. I myself too got 2 bimmers..so trying for the stunning looking Jag. pls help. thanks in advance.

Well merc are the best when it comes to rear seats, but XF is very closer to E class & if you aren't very tall they will be fine for you! & XF's luxury & Premium luxury do get decent front fog lamps! & to talk about GC, yes it's very low (Though raised a bit) & very often it'll kiss the speed-breakers! But underbody protection kits are there to take it's care! & Audi may sound a better option on paper, but In terms of quality & feel Jaguar is way ahead of Audis & BMWs! So go for it or get a new E class, it's the closest one to it!

well, in that case, can anyone pls tell me when the new E is going to get launched in India?

Also, it is now confirmed by the JLR dealer that XF has no front fog lamps. But Audi new A6 has it as all-weather lights which proves to be even better working in dense fog than conventional fog lamps. So,, my main question istnow how will the new A6 compete with the XF in rear seat comfort zone? Is A6 better in this regard than XF??

Also,, A6 may not be as popular as the 5 and also it is exclusive..so,, WILL it be a viable option for me to look at coNSIDering all my priorities

guys I thought a lot on this and also discussed with my family. The thing is for my parents, who will be back seat users for all the time, rear seat comfort is very important and they are now habituated with bimmer's well countered supportive seats with a bit of firm ride..I test drove the 5 series. In that i found the ride quality truly luxurious which is way way better than my current 3 and X1. I did mention the Ground clearance already before of 158 mm and also the rear seat which is most supportive and offers ultimate cushioning and tremendous holding. Also the new M530d is brimming with cool features..it is just that there are many 5 series today on the road. If I leave thinking on that then the M530d seems to be a good choice again.

well then again all forum users I pls request all of u helping me on this count. And everyone pls tell me when Mercedes Benz new E class is coming to India. i have few months in my hand..will it be here in the meantime? may be the new E can give me that oomph I have been looking for..and I hope I won't need to doubt on their rear seat arrangement. Benz is built for that.. I need cool ambient interior and a free revving engine that will let me bury down the throttle to gather crazy speed very fast. Will we get the E350 cdi here and what new features are coming with it??

pls HELP

well, in that case, can anyone pls tell me when the new E is going to get launched in India?

Also, it is now confirmed by the JLR dealer that XF has no front fog lamps. But Audi new A6 has it as all-weather lights which proves to be even better working in dense fog than conventional fog lamps. So,, my main question istnow how will the new A6 compete with the XF in rear seat comfort zone? Is A6 better in this regard than XF??

Also,, A6 may not be as popular as the 5 and also it is exclusive..so,, WILL it be a viable option for me to look at coNSIDering all my priorities

Nope, rear seat comfort in XF or 5 series is better than A6! & It doesn't really have a single trumpcard over compitition!

guys I thought a lot on this and also discussed with my family. The thing is for my parents, who will be back seat users for all the time, rear seat comfort is very important and they are now habituated with bimmer's well countered supportive seats with a bit of firm ride..I test drove the 5 series. In that i found the ride quality truly luxurious which is way way better than my current 3 and X1. I did mention the Ground clearance already before of 158 mm and also the rear seat which is most supportive and offers ultimate cushioning and tremendous holding. Also the new M530d is brimming with cool features..it is just that there are many 5 series today on the road. If I leave thinking on that then the M530d seems to be a good choice again.

well then again all forum users I pls request all of u helping me on this count. And everyone pls tell me when Mercedes Benz new E class is coming to India. i have few months in my hand..will it be here in the meantime? may be the new E can give me that oomph I have been looking for..and I hope I won't need to doubt on their rear seat arrangement. Benz is built for that.. I need cool ambient interior and a free revving engine that will let me bury down the throttle to gather crazy speed very fast. Will we get the E350 cdi here and what new features are coming with it??

pls HELP

New E-class may come between 2-3 quarter of this year! & yes it's way more dynamic & spory than current gen! & many major changes are there! First of all, it's going to have a better looking head-light assembly with more day-time running LED strips & a completely new AMG style grill! It's also going to have a new ECU with 11 driving modes & A DISTRONIC PLUS intellegent driving system with a dual lens camera near RVM, which will moiter your eye movements & full range of road for 500 meters & with addition of the 360° camera system, it will warn you about dangers in advance! & Active Lane Keeping Assist will also keep your car in the lane with steer control! & in addition to it, features like BAS PLUS Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Assist, PRE-SAFE® brakes & Adaptive Highbeam Assist PLUS will also keep you far away from accidents! The E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID with options of V6 & V8 will be the latest addition to the extensive range of diesel engines. With a consumption rate of just 4.1 l/100 km and CO2 emissions of 107 g/km, the model ranks as one of the best in its class for fuel efficiency. For a dynamic and efficient driving experience, you can choose between a six-speed manual transmission with short shift-travel or the 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic gearbox with DIRECT SELECT lever and DIRECT SELECT shift paddles! & it'll also provide you theHANDS-FREE ACCESS which senses foot movements below the bumper and enables you to open and close the boot without even touching it, taking the hassle out of loading and unloading! It's ICE is also very cool & with option of an internet connection and a high-performance satellite navigation. It has a Google based os! (similar to android) & it provides you a local search engine and weather information within seconds. With Google Maps you can even configure a route on your home PC and send it to your car. There are also preloaded apps for Google Streetview and Google Panoramio!

Overall, it's going to give you combined advantages of owning a BMW, Volvo & Audi & is definitely a worth waiting product!

oh thank u very very much then. I was just thinking this to get a completely revamped E350 CDI. So, it will be worthy waiting.but am not sure of what features its gonna get in India. Indian models most time don't get all gadgets similar to international models. So which things will we get in India? And what will be the power output and performance of E350 CDI in the new gen model? any one knows the Ground Clearance of it? and it has intelligent light system as far I guess which consists of 5 different lighting modes. There is also a mode for using in fog which does something like tailoring the left side headlamp to move down a bit so that driver can look more carefully. But is it of really any use? As I think in dense fog(where sometime I have to drive) a set of another halogens are better than anything else unless there is something like the Audi all-weather light!!! So how does the ILS in Benz work?

pls let me know on these counts. thanks in advance