325i

Circuit racing or rallying? what do you prefer

Do you prefer Rallying or Racing?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Rallying or Racing?

Not to take anything away from Racers but I personally feel that RALLYING is where its at..

You have a changing surface that you need to adapt to in the blink of an eye... and even if you do the same stage twice.. its never the same...

So.. my vote goes to Rallying... anyday...anytime..

I used to rally with moderate success and raced with little success but still prefer racing. Its faster requires more precision and you fight for hundredths of a second.

i like off-road events, because as a driver, i feel they present an ever-evolving challenge. as zavo ppionted out, u need to be able to adapt. i especially enjoy rally raids, where being prudent about how hard u push your automobile is as important as pace.

but for spectator thrills, id say circuit racing.

spectator: You can see far more action at a circuit race, but seeing a rally car at full bore for that fleeting moment(slide, dust/rocks flying, exhaust throwing flames) leaves an imprint on your brain for a long time.

theres still some danger left in rallying, for the competitor. Circuit racing has become a bit too neutered (controlled conditions and all that). I mean, its fantastic that Kubica survived that crash where g-forces peaked at 73g and all. it really is great.

but rallying still has that element of danger, and thats why i love it. If you go off the road, it wont be into a tyre barrier, itll probably be a massive drop, or a tree or into a river. to really do well in such conditions you need really big gonads.  

I love ralling as we get to feel the real world car the power ,traction and the fury ooohhhhhh!!!!!.

It includes various tactics like drifting left foot braking etc.smiley14.gif

I would love to become a rally driver if I am sponcered.

I love ralling as we get to feel the real world car the power ' date='traction and the fury ooohhhhhh!!!!!.

It includes various tactics like drifting left foot braking etc.smiley14.gif

I would love to become a rally driver if I am sponcered.
[/quote']

rallying rocks !!.... the drifts, and everything mentioned by 'rssh' make it way more interesting than the monotonous circuit racing

hope to be a racer soon....... (k.. not started working on it yet except my normal car driving which i think will help..... at least if i go in rally).... though i think racing has more money......

adi19912008-01-16 15:43:55