lineshshah

cheating by cardealers

This is a bad experience by A cheavy dealer but i observed all dealers doing samethin

Today i went to SURAT GUJARAT CHEVROLET dealership for buying a new Chevy SAIL SEDAN LS ABS surprisingly impressed and decided to buy it and ask for quote for SAIL LS ABS dealer gives me Ex. showroom price 6,95,000.00 + 3371.00 logistic charge ( who will bare this Logistic charge dealer or customer ?) and RTO TAX given by dealer is around 40,000.00 but actual RTO TAX is around 35000.00 rs. they are charging 5000 rs for RTO Passing fee OMG. this is ridiculous !!!!

now quote for insurance policy dealer quoted around 22000-24000 and actually same insurance quoted by my insurance agent is 19000.00 rs !!! means they are robbing buyers by about 8000.00-10000.00 rs .... are you hearing Chevy ? thats why your cars not selling and capturing or goozup the market because of your LALCHU dealers you have to change or you are going to loose indian market

i hope chevy u'll understand me a world giant but in india a little bug rise-up CHEVY......!

not agree with you bala because when i purchased my Esteem i face same problem and had complain to maruti. and maruti ordered that extra amount given back by dealer

if they are charging as any handaling charg they have to maintain sapratly but this amount hidden in RTO TAX and nobody try to check that

Good Job Mr.Shah, we should make the dealers understand that we are not blindly accepting what they are charging. I think not only Chevrolet all the dealers may be following the same practice (or we can say cheating).

When they quote Ex-Showroom price it means it should include all applicable charges than why extra charges such as Handling / processing / etc.... ?

That RTO passing charge can be said as Handling charges

and the HIGH insurance charge is common with all car dealers.

So nothing big cheating in this.

Cheating is cheating there is nothing small or big ..... Dealer's should explicitly display every thing irrespective price or other service charge or accessory or insurance....

today i went to RTO SURAT and give memorandum to RTO its in gujarati but you are able to understand

http://www.facebook.com/groups/suratconsumer/permalink/569617726382883/?ref=notif¬if_t=like'>http://www.facebook.com/groups/suratconsumer/permalink/569617726382883/?ref=notif¬if_t=like

http://www.facebook.com/groups/suratconsumer

see the calculation dealers how to make you fool

example RTO tax calculation as Gujarat

Ex. showroom price 695000.00 first less 15% VAT 104250.00 rest amount 590750.00 now add 6% GUJ. RTO TAX 35445.00 (actually dealers take from customer around 40000.00 aprox 5000.00 more!!! ) insurance (no dep.) as per quote about 25000.00 most insurance company gives 10 to 40 % discount we will take 20% discount now insurance is near by 20000.00

dealers adds some 3300.00 to 3500.00 as depot. charge or logistic charge ( who will bare i am ready to take from depot.

695000.00 Ex shoroom + 35445 RTO +20000.00 Insurance + 3500.00 depot. charge or logistic charge + 13967.00 municipal TAX SURAT = 767912.00 Onroad Price

now we will see what dealers takes from us

695000.00 + 40000.00 + 25000.00 + 3500.00 + 13967.00 = 777676.00 on road price as per dealer now see how much we loose

777676.00 - 767912.00 = 9555.00 our loss and dealers profit ( they will not give this difference bill )

another bad news i exposed chevy dealer by looting buyers they banned me on facebook page and deleted my all posts thats great na chevy now how do u rise in india ????? and till date they dosent contacted me ????

see the calculation dealers how to make you fool

example RTO tax calculation as Gujarat

Ex. showroom price 695000.00 first less 15% VAT 104250.00 rest amount 590750.00 now add 6% GUJ. RTO TAX 35445.00 (actually dealers take from customer around 40000.00 aprox 5000.00 more!!! ) insurance (no dep.) as per quote about 25000.00 most insurance company gives 10 to 40 % discount we will take 20% discount now insurance is near by 20000.00

dealers adds some 3300.00 to 3500.00 as depot. charge or logistic charge ( who will bare i am ready to take from depot.

695000.00 Ex shoroom + 35445 RTO +20000.00 Insurance + 3500.00 depot. charge or logistic charge + 13967.00 municipal TAX SURAT = 767912.00 Onroad Price

now we will see what dealers takes from us

695000.00 + 40000.00 + 25000.00 + 3500.00 + 13967.00 = 777676.00 on road price as per dealer now see how much we loose

777676.00 - 767912.00 = 9555.00 our loss and dealers profit ( they will not give this difference bill )

It's nice that you worked out all this stuff in great details! & truely took the "जागो ग्राहक जागो" seriously! :)

Well you can certainly do the RTO registration by yourself or through a dealer (they charge 2-2.5k extra) & save arround 2.5-3k there! & you can also choose to take insurance from outside, which will save another 5k! & you can argue with him over logistic charges saying that you will take the delivery from the depot. & you can further trouble him with asking for rechake of 10 ltrs. of fuel which companies provide you at the time of delivery! But don't do your servicings with him or he will return the favour to you!

It's nice that you worked out all this stuff in great details! & truely took the "जागो ग्राहक जागो" seriously! :)

Well you can certainly do the RTO registration by yourself or through a dealer (they charge 2-2.5k extra) & save arround 2.5-3k there! & you can also choose to take insurance from outside, which will save another 5k! & you can argue with him over logistic charges saying that you will take the delivery from the depot. & you can further trouble him with asking for rechake of 10 ltrs. of fuel which companies provide you at the time of delivery! But don't do your servicings with him or he will return the favour to you!

@CarCrazyASTL why should we go out side for insurance and RTO registration ..... ?! we are already paying them LACs rupees and theay are earning thousands of bucks from us deaalers are for buyers service ....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/surat/Automobile-dealers-charging-illegal-money-on-purchase-of-new-cars/articleshow/18384305.cms

Linesh , have you already bought the vehicle because of what i read in the times of india article , i got the impression that it was for a vehicle you have already purchased, as it said they did not give you receipt for the 5k they took towards logistic charges

here i am getting the impression that you are still looking for one.

its a miss understanding by reporter ( i also had same experince with my maruti esteem buying and i got back such amount 1800.00rs from maruti dealer) not purchased yet

i complained by seeing quotation and went to discuss RTO about that matter ...

its a miss understanding by reporter ( i also had same experince with my maruti esteem buying and i got back such amount 1800.00rs from maruti dealer) not purchased yet

i complained by seeing quotation and went to discuss RTO about that matter ...

Nice and different source of income( Pun intended )

So, give me a treat if you get a 5K cheq from GM.

Edited by creativebala

@CarCrazyASTL why should we go out side for insurance and RTO registration ..... ?! we are already paying them LACs rupees and theay are earning thousands of bucks from us deaalers are for buyers service ....

http://timesofindia....ow/18384305.cms

In order to save money & avoide messing within the law system of India! But it's nice, that you gathered support from the media & managed to meet the RTO commissioner & took the action against such people!

That dealer must be cursing you now! :D

There is no effect on dealers they are still taking that charge but some of told me they are not charging me only :P

And RTO guys still sitting in office without action and the loot is continued ......

Jo JAGA VO FAYDE ME baki ke sab lutate rahenge hamesa

so TATA ki tea pio or JAGO RE .... or RAM bharose wali desi chay pite raho hamesa ki tarah