PrancingHorse

Tata Aria facelift on the anvil? EDIT: Aria facelift unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2013

Aria can work only if launched at an extremely competitive price and with the first batch of Aria's having absolutely no quality defects nor par failures. The Automatic Aria sure will start a new trend as people 'want' a reliable automatic in that range which none of the manufacturers offer. A reliable automatic Aria with an attractive price tag will set the ball rolling for Tata again.

Never the less, this is too much to ask from Tata but you never know.

Tata have been testing the ARIA facelift since long time and even if the car is niggle free they need to advertize the car agressively. QC is the only thing which lead to its failure along with steep price . TATA should provide single mass -flywheel because the DMF one was really prone to failure wereas in Pure varient the SMF hasn't faced problems. They need to make the electronic systems on the car operate in harmony and be reliable (electric in ARIA and XUV5OO top varient are often niggling). Make the Storme and Aria customer feel special ,this should be the no1 agenda

I don't understand manufacturer's these days , they launch a new model with outer-coloured indicator in tail lamps, full chrome headlamps, and a bit less chrome on the grill ,just so that they have something to change on the facelift (and give no discounts).

Finally after so many spottings the facelift Tata Aria seems to be ready to hit the showrooms. Cme across these brochure scans so sharing them here . The new car gets 150 PS and 320Nm torque

Some main features of the new car would be:

• 4×4 Adapterra
  • Tata Blue 5 connect
  • NAVTEQ- Navigation system
  • Rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps
  • Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with smoked headlamps
  • Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with 6 speakers and 4 tweeter Harman music system
  • Top-of-the-line Pride variant comes with 6 airbags, ESP and TCS
  • Climate control available only on the Pride variant
  • Electrically powered mirrrors
  • Full leather upholstery
  • 17 inch alloys on the Pride variant; other two get 16 inch steel rims

Here is the brochure

post-9757-0-71136600-1393652839_thumb.jppost-9757-0-33466300-1393652843_thumb.jp

Source

I really hope they've changed the shape and size of those air con vents (the ones on the dashboard).

Reason i am saying that is, i once drove an Aria around a year back over a long distance and it was horrible!!

It was summer, hot as hell!! And when i got into the car to drive, the air con vent on the dashboard blew cold air straight at my knees, after a while it started bothering me, so i pushed it up and changed its direction.

And the cold blast was hitting my palm making it go numb!!

Finally i had to shut off the vents making them useless!!

The external differences are hard to tell, well, there are not many Arias around, so there'll only be a handful who have taken a good look even at the original Aria! A lot of Tata's time and money was spent on the Aria, and is supposed to have ticked so many boxes to make it the perfect vehicle for India. But sadly it didn't, the Indian consumer had the final say, yet again. People spending that kind of money are looking for a reliable brand and some kind of status, looks like Tata wasn't able to deliver on these critical buyer requirements in this segment.

Tata Motors quietly launched the updated Aria SUV with prices starting at Rs 9.95 lakh for the base two-wheel-drive Pure LX variant and going up to Rs 14.74 lakh for the top-of-the-line AWD Pride variant (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).

The refreshed Tata Aria gets decals on the side, projector head and tail-lamps. Under the skin, the car is powered by the familiar 2.2-litre VariCor diesel motor which also does duty in the Tata Safari Storme. The engine now makes 148bhp and the economy, the manufacturer claims, is improved as well.

post-50246-0-99280600-1394704603_thumb.j

The refreshed Tata Aria is available in three trim levels – the Pure 4X2, Pleasure 4X2 and Pride 4X4.

The base variant comes equipped with remote central locking, disc brakes, projector headlamps, a driver information system, rear air-con vents, sunglass holder, electric wing mirrors and follow-me-home headlamps.

The middle Pleasure 4X2 variant comes with all the base trim kit and in addition, gets a double DIN stereo with steering mounted audio controls, roof storage bins, chilled glove box, chrome door handles, full chrome grille, body-coloured roof rails, rear wiper and defogger, reverse parking sensors, front airbags and ABS with EBD.

The top-of-the-line Pride 4X4 variant gets all lower variants’ features and also gets black and plum leather upholstery, sat-nav, reversing camera, a Harman infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity, cruise control, climate control, black bezel headlamps, front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP and traction control. And of course, as the name suggests, it’s the only version that comes equipped with four-wheel-drive.

post-50246-0-94020000-1394704600.jpg

Source: ACI (http://www.autocarin...akh-374687.aspx)

The Automatic which was responsible of bulk of the news it made a while ago , is still elusive.

Tata motors is having a tough time.Talks of ordering voluntary retirement for 600 of it staff , thanks to Slymm restructuring process , are doing rounds

Hopefully Zest and Bolt will bring them the much needed relief.

I am very skeptical when it comes to the cars from TATA, the quality of the parts are very poor and response from the dealers, even the company operated, is pathetic. Whether they facelift or whatever the past customer would not dare to again go for the TATA cars.

I am very skeptical when it comes to the cars from TATA, the quality of the parts are very poor and response from the dealers, even the company operated, is pathetic. Whether they facelift or whatever the past customer would not dare to again go for the TATA cars.

You seem to have a very bitter experience with TATA. But TBH what you said is true. Though it is far better off nowadays.

I saw the new Aria at Concorde motor Mumbai and the only change is headlight/ tail-light and a better tuned engine. They haven't really changed much the AC vents are ergonomic flaw and I can't rest my left foot anywhere the footwell is too cramped which IMO is a major flaw in a big car. During the drive the suspension was a bit softer than earlier version (I think so) but overall disappointed with fit and finish and there is no 4x4 in pleasure variant. Dealer had more than 10 stocks of older version but the package didn't impress my uncle.