reddy

Isuzu MU7 - First hand impression

Hi friends

Had a chance to inspect Isuzu MU-7 and below are my comments

As you know its bigger than Fortuner by 11 inches & japanese

More space when all the seats are in position.

The last row of seats are great Dissappointment , Feel ford endeaver is better , your knees are in air,The seat is as good as fixed 6inches above floor, only good for kids upto 4-5 feet height ,though the legroom is better,

2nd row of seats are spacious with good legroom (wish it has another 1-2 inch of thigh support) can be moved front to back and can be tilt back and forth

1st row of seats are very good

But all the seats are fixed low on floor in comparision with fortuner or innova (persons of 5.10inches height may feel inconvinient on long runs )

Another greatest Dissappointment is Rear LeafSpring set up the ride quality ??????

Good rear A/C vents spread all thru cabin

Roof mounted screen

No choice this only comes with 2 wheel drive & 5 speed manual gearbox

PRICING PLAYS IMPORTANT ROLE TO COMPETE WITH FORTUNER OR SANTFE

my opinion is

should be priced below fortuner by 2-3 lakhs to fight out

A test drive can prove how good it is and

How low down the torque is generated and

How good are gear ratios are spread across to reduce the Turbo lag

this being a biggest SUV

bye

Thanks for the report. Well I remember when 1st the news about this vehicle trickled in, we were expecting prices in the range of ~12L or somewhat below Endeavour but according to latest reports the pricing is way OTT for this vehicle.

I somehow dont understand the steep pricing (so what if 2-3 lakhs cheaper than T-Fort)

IMO the 3 SUVs' namely Endeavor, MU 7 & the FORCE ONE all are the same in design.

& If i were to pick at this point of time (post Mu7 launch) id put my money on FORCE ONE

The price difference b/w the Dmax & MU 7 is vaaaast ...

@ Isuzu - Keep the Extra 46 hp & 500 cc of displacement with you, i shall buy the D-Max & be satisfied with it Thank you so much :)

Wait a minute, what D max is coming ?

Is it this; ? ? ? ( as spied )

post-8809-0-07725500-1360745694_thumb.jp

Or this ??? ( as pictured ) ;

post-8809-0-98115600-1360745727.jpg

If it is the latter it is MAXX BANG for the BUCK

If not then IMO the Xenon is a better option

If i were to pick at this point of time (post Mu7 launch) id put my money on FORCE ONE

Built-quality of Force one is big disappointment! I still remember that one of our forum member wrote about problems regarding weird noises from steering column & even the body panels & doors aren't fitted precisely! Considering all this factors & very poor after-sales network of Force motors, Endy would be my pick!

Built-quality of Force one is big disappointment! I still remember that one of our forum member wrote about problems regarding weird noises from steering column & even the body panels & doors aren't fitted precisely! Considering all this factors & very poor after-sales network of Force motors, Endy would be my pick!

+ 1 to that, i agree

Thank god i dont have to make a choice, coz i anyway drive a Fortuner :P

Why did we not get this ?

post-8809-0-88572400-1365404418_thumb.jp

^ The 2013 D Max

Its OK we could have waited for a few more months but Auto manufacturers need to realize the importance of providing the current gen products for India

It is a general norm admist Indian manufacturers to launch old gen products as I remember the great article written by Shapur Kotwal in ACI's petrolheads diary about top hat cars of India like Figo and Rexton which have old platform but a new plastered face, Isuzu MU7 is the same top hat category vehicle, over the top it has been priced balatantly by Isuzu, great dissapointment though.