Sign in to follow this  
raj_92

buying a premium saloon please help

hey guys i'am raj i want to buy a new luxury saloon i already have a s class (350 CDI) and the recently launched 3 series (320 D) now i want to buy another one but i'am too confused between the 5 series jaguar xf and a6 as this car would be used by me it will mostly stay in the city

requirements-

GREAT FEATURES

GOOD LEGROOM

INTERIOR QUALITY

RIDE QUALITY

AND WOW FACTOR

please help me to decide between these

jaguar xf 2.2 (it was facelifted recently but how much life does it has left till a new model comes out)

audi a6 (my personal fav as i have the bmw and merc)

bmw 520d (i heard there are some great discounts going on)

also please let me know if any discounts are going on , on these cars

i will be buying it on the second week of april

@Raj, listen, if u pay attention then u can find that am almost in the same league like u. Am to also buy a premium saloon in next few months if my business goes well. U named the base models of the respective models but I am trying for the top end versions like the 530d M sport or A6 3.0 TDI Quattro or Jag XF S or next gen Merc. E350(when it will be launched). Am also confused with it but I must say as you'll be using the cas mostly in city, then choosing smaller engine is completely fine.

Look. If u love driving then u must know BMW is best as u r driving 1 currently.. I also own 320d Exclusive but I have the E90. Then 520d is a viable option but that won't be a good choice again now as u r already driving quite a fast bimmer, if u buy 520d, it will be slower than new 320d. Other than that if u don't go for the new M530d. Then there is nothing really exotic to get enchanted in the 520d. I guess u won't be bothered about the rear seat comfort now as for that type of use u already have the best choice. S class, now if u want exclivisity, wow factor and great driving quality, look nowhere else rather than the XF. It looks sexy, it's rare, has good features and unless u bother too much abouuhe rear seat in the front legroom will not be an issue. A6 is good but XF is juat better considering u will not mind paying bit more 4 that. So,, if u really wanna have 1 among the base models, go 4 the new XF 2.2. Also,it has more power than A6 I guess.

But let me tell you this buying won't be worthy 4 u now..as u got the F30 320d..none of these machines will be better driving than that..now its completely upto u what will u do..

But just an advice..aren't u considering suv?

In the price range of 45 lacs u have some good choices then..

@Raj, listen, if u pay attention then u can find that am almost in the same league like u. Am to also buy a premium saloon in next few months if my business goes well. U named the base models of the respective models but I am trying for the top end versions like the 530d M sport or A6 3.0 TDI Quattro or Jag XF S or next gen Merc. E350(when it will be launched). Am also confused with it but I must say as you'll be using the cas mostly in city, then choosing smaller engine is completely fine.

Look. If u love driving then u must know BMW is best as u r driving 1 currently.. I also own 320d Exclusive but I have the E90. Then 520d is a viable option but that won't be a good choice again now as u r already driving quite a fast bimmer, if u buy 520d, it will be slower than new 320d. Other than that if u don't go for the new M530d. Then there is nothing really exotic to get enchanted in the 520d. I guess u won't be bothered about the rear seat comfort now as for that type of use u already have the best choice. S class, now if u want exclivisity, wow factor and great driving quality, look nowhere else rather than the XF. It looks sexy, it's rare, has good features and unless u bother too much abouuhe rear seat in the front legroom will not be an issue. A6 is good but XF is juat better considering u will not mind paying bit more 4 that. So,, if u really wanna have 1 among the base models, go 4 the new XF 2.2. Also,it has more power than A6 I guess.

But let me tell you this buying won't be worthy 4 u now..as u got the F30 320d..none of these machines will be better driving than that..now its completely upto u what will u do..

But just an advice..aren't u considering suv?

In the price range of 45 lacs u have some good choices then..

i'am into the business of mining so i do have suv's such as the fortuner the old endavour which suit my purpose of driving on rough terrains no luxury suv will work in such condition so suv's are out of the question

i really dont indulge in fast driving for that i had a honda accord v6 automatic the previous generation (cat eye)

i'am not considering the E class as i own a s class as of now

i have been offered great discounts on the 520D but some how i'am done with BMW

now the most confusing part is wether to go with the xf 2.2 or the audi A6

i have never owned a audi my friend has one and it is one of the best designs i have seen so far

but with the xf its the jaguar batch which i have craved for but iam not certain if it would be upgraded any time soon or not as it has only a facelift

@raj, ok then it seems that u have a very well put-together garage overall. Well, then if u have to go for an entry level luxury saloon, well, put your money on jag.that is a very good car with very attractive looks. u don't worry about the styling. The Jag is sure to get u more eyes when u r on the road. btw, which city u live in Raj? frankly speaking at this moment the line up u have is purely huge and doesn't demand any more midsize luxury saloon. Rather I suggest if u can stretch out your budget(which i believe u can) biit more, then why don't u look for some roadster or sports coupe? I think Audi new TT is there, also diesel is available..so, check that out if you are interested to enrich your garage with something different. Price should not be an issue as the TT will be just around 50 lacs for the diesel as far I guess. do check with your Audi dealer.

otherwise if you still wanna stick to a luxury saloon, Jag is the best choice for you(but remember it doesn't have front fog lamps for the sake of looks, so if u need to drive in fog, then think it). but I advise u should think on a sports coupe considering u got variety of cars including some luxury saloon too.

decision is yours. good luck

I am with Ajit on this, all your requirements would be met with all three cars but the "WOW factor" is one thing only a Jaguar can bring considering the amount of Audis and BMWs on road these days.

even i want a jaguar in my parking the only thing that worries me is will it be upgraded any time soon i want atleast 3 years from a car the A6 was launched very recently and the jag had a facelift

there is nothing to worry on it.. Jag XF is facelifted very recently..and also its upgraded hugely. So, if u get it, there shouldnt be any issue like that..so, if u final to go for a saloon only, rather than any other coupé or anythng..go 4 the Jag new XF...that suits u best.

Best of luck.

Safe drive

Well i am in the same boat, but this would be my 1st luxury car. I started off with choosing between Q3 & new 3 Series, but then got carried away by the deals on XC60 & A6. Had almost finalised on XC60, there came the 2.2XF. As there are no deals on XF now, m waiting for march end to get some good deals, still i am confused whether XF will be the right choice, i know it has the WOW factor, but apart from that is it technologically better than the A6 & does it has more safety & comfort features is a question. While Volvo is far ahead in safety & technology, its engine is noisy & not as refined & does not have the snob value of others, the only thing against the XC60.

Still, it seems that most probably XF will be finalised. I also love the looks of 5series, but A6 & XF seems to be overall better choice.

Well i am in the same boat, but this would be my 1st luxury car. I started off with choosing between Q3 & new 3 Series, but then got carried away by the deals on XC60 & A6. Had almost finalised on XC60, there came the 2.2XF. As there are no deals on XF now, m waiting for march end to get some good deals, still i am confused whether XF will be the right choice, i know it has the WOW factor, but apart from that is it technologically better than the A6 & does it has more safety & comfort features is a question. While Volvo is far ahead in safety & technology, its engine is noisy & not as refined & does not have the snob value of others, the only thing against the XC60.

Still, it seems that most probably XF will be finalised. I also love the looks of 5series, but A6 & XF seems to be overall better choice.

this what bothers me price is not a issue for me the jaguar and audi are two cars i wish to own but cant buy both of them the audi has more features such a the writing pad the beautiful headlights the bose music system some of the most comfortable seats

on the other hand the xf is a jaguar it has a show going on for you on the inside the way the gear nobs come out and the ac vents but jaguar has not given this in some of its new cars

the bottom line for me is ; is the technology in xf not as new as compared to the a6 ??? if it is the jaguar it will be

also i will be buying this car in the first or second week of april

@Raj, I'll be answering only 1 thing here..the XF doesnt have technos as advanced as the A6 but if u get habituated with it..it will be a much better cahn the front also the seats in XF r very much comfortable but both in XF & A6 rear seats are not very good to carry u

@raj, ok then it seems that u have a very well put-together garage overall. Well, then if u have to go for an entry level luxury saloon, well, put your money on jag.that is a very good car with very attractive looks. u don't worry about the styling. The Jag is sure to get u more eyes when u r on the road. btw, which city u live in Raj? frankly speaking at this moment the line up u have is purely huge and doesn't demand any more midsize luxury saloon. Rather I suggest if u can stretch out your budget(which i believe u can) biit more, then why don't u look for some roadster or sports coupe? I think Audi new TT is there, also diesel is available..so, check that out if you are interested to enrich your garage with something different. Price should not be an issue as the TT will be just around 50 lacs for the diesel as far I guess. do check with your Audi dealer.

otherwise if you still wanna stick to a luxury saloon, Jag is the best choice for you(but remember it doesn't have front fog lamps for the sake of looks, so if u need to drive in fog, then think it). but I advise u should think on a sports coupe considering u got variety of cars including some luxury saloon too.

decision is yours. good luck

ajit are you sure the audi TT diesel would be foe 50 lakhs on road ??? if so i will opt for it please inform me more about it as in what discounts and all

XC60 is a great car looks good has a solid feel to it full with features the dash looks amazing though too many buttons one down side its certainly not the best to ride

i think so i will have to get both the cars for test drive at the same time to make my mind

@raj_92: Out of two which you are looking to buy, I can see you are in heart & mind battle where you heart says XF where mind goes for A6.

To cut this long story short, the only thing which will be able to give you buying pleasure and satisfaction is if you go with your heart. Go with XF. As far as your worry is concerned with a new model, I do not think JLR would launch a new model at least from 2 years for now, as their focus right now is on FL2 Range Rover series.

So buy XF.

Edited by Sstar

Audi new TT 2.0 TFSI price in India is Ex-showroom Rs. 50 lacs. am not sure of the price of diesel in India but it should be under 55 lacs, not more than that in the standard norm. for any discount and further more offers well u just contact with your Audi dealer. I still think at this moment with so many cars in hand u should go for something different and dare I say if u can, then check the Benz SLK350 or BMW Z4. They will be totally different than what u have currently and will be damn exclusive too. think it but ya, they cost u a huge premium. Otherwise u can easily opt for the Audi TT.

Good Luck

Audi new TT 2.0 TFSI price in India is Ex-showroom Rs. 50 lacs. am not sure of the price of diesel in India but it should be under 55 lacs, not more than that in the standard norm. for any discount and further more offers well u just contact with your Audi dealer. I still think at this moment with so many cars in hand u should go for something different and dare I say if u can, then check the Benz SLK350 or BMW Z4. They will be totally different than what u have currently and will be damn exclusive too. think it but ya, they cost u a huge premium. Otherwise u can easily opt for the Audi TT.

Good Luck

the slk350 or the z4 will not work in my city horrible roads dust traffic you name it

secondly i dont want a merc the s class that i have has got great issues with it wheels it develops bulges here and there also i hate the way they have placed the gear on the steering

@raj_92: Out of two which you are looking to buy, I can see you are in heart & mind battle where you heart says XF where mind goes for A6.

To cut this long story short, the only thing which will be able to give you buying pleasure and satisfaction is if you go with your heart. Go with XF. As far as your worry is concerned with a new model, I do not think JLR would launch a new model at least from 2 years for now, as their focus right now is on FL2 Range Rover series.

So buy XF.

i think so i just need to test drive both of them together to make up my mind on the other hand which car will make your head turn audi or jaguar (xf or a6)

thanks a lot guys i TD the xf yesterday and i have made my mind to go with the A6 2.0 tdi fully loaded (with a fridge too :P) the XF interiors were not up to my taste the leather was not that great though it drived very well also jaguar has no servicing center in my area the closet being 500 km's away i will pay the booking amount of 1.5 lakhs on the 24 of this month and will take the delivery on 3rd or 5th of april the colour i have gone with is white