Hi,

I'm getting a new Xylo E4 very soon. The online brochure says the vehicle comes with the DDAS (Digital drive assist system) that provides you a tripmeter, distance to end indicator, fuel economy etc etc... but the brochure at the dealer shows DDAS not available on E4.

I'm disappointed as a trip meter or fuel economy indicator would be of great help for a traveler like me and I always thought its a basic fitment as a trip meter was available on my earlier Alto!!!

Any ideas or suggestions on finding a trip meter (or anything similar) unit as an accessory from the outside market?

I stay in Bangalore and any hints on this would help. Thanks!

This is a unique situation

An after market TRIPMETER.

Even if you get one from somewhere i am not sure if it will be giving you the correct readings as it will have no way to get mapped to the car internals of your specific vehicle.

Best fit would be a tripmeter designed for your vehicle , in your case its good that a higher variant is coming with the tripmeter as desired by you , just find a way to get them to fit it for you.

Mind you, they may quote steep price for the arrangement , that also ,if they are willing to entertain your request because most likely they will ask you to go in for the higher variant.

As far as I remember, each Xylo variant comes with a digital trip meter.

This trip meter is placed below the main speedometer (the centre dial of

the three dials you see behind the steering wheel). This digital trip meter

comes with a re-settable trip meter.

Go back to the showroom and see for yourself the digital trip meter.

Additionally, the DDIS (Digital Drive Assist System) is provided in only top

variants. As M&M site says : This DDIS gives a live telecast of what is

happening in and around your car. Four different screens give you every bit of

information you need, like the current speed, instantaneous mileage pattern, gear

information, even internal and external temeprature and humidity. What’s more, you

can also find out how far you can travel before you run out of fuel. Need the reassurance

of your family deity on the journey? Find a digital display of your favourite Gods and

Goddesses right on the screen.

So, please do not get confused between this DDIS and the trip meter.

And, do not compare, ever, what you had in your Alto with what you are getting in Xylo.

Get a new instrument cluster & new speedometer cable of alto K10 ! ...

My dear CarCrazyASTL,

You should have read what I have written earlier (post # 3) before suggesting

what you eventually did (post # 4).

Do not confuse those who are already confused and are seeking help/guidance.

My dear CarCrazyASTL,

You should have read what I have written earlier (post # 3) before suggesting

what you eventually did (post # 4).

Do not confuse those who are already confused and are seeking help/guidance.

Opps!

I was thinking that he wanted tripmeter for his alto! (1st gen once didn't have it!)

I know that Xylo has it across all the varients!

Thanks Guys, appreciate the inputs :)

I got mixed up with the DDAS and the tripmeter. Yes, there is a tripmeter on the E4 I got (with resettable trip1 and trip2 options).

But, I'm still peeeed off with the misleading website of Mahindra Xylo that says E4 comes equipped with DDAS and Rear spoiler. The online brochure I downloaded also has DDAS ticked for E4 :angry:

Anybody I can write to, and contacts of senior persons of Mahindra I could get...?

Thanks in advance.

No point,Writing to Mahindra ,its a waste of time.

BTW what do you want to write them about , hoping its nothing to do with a badly kept website , i have tried that in vain last year.

So did you not get in touch with the dealership , take any information in person on the model you bought, Dont tell me you bought the car based on the website configuration checklist.

Just a filler for people in queue to buy one : Mahindra is dying to sell its XYLO , special camps are being organised at all outlets as of now , have a visit , you may be surprised beyond your imagination.