PrancingHorse

Honda launches new CR-V in India . Prices start at 19.95 lakhs Ex Delhi

post-7692-0-62365200-1360656591.jpg

Honda has launched the fourth-generation CR-V in India.The new CR-V is based on an all-new platform and comes with a blend of both quirky yet modern details. The new car is slightly shorter than the one it replaces, but thanks to some clever interior packaging, it offers a wider and more spacious cabin with more storage spaces.

two engine options are on offer – a 2.0-litre petrol and a 185bhp 2.4-litre petrol, mated to a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic gearbox. The carmaker claims to have tweaked both engines for better fuel economy and performance. The smaller motor will be offered with a six-speed manual and a five-speed automatic.

There are four variants on offer. The base 2.0L MT comes with a six-speed manual gearbox, 17-inch alloy wheels, fog lamps, six airbags, a multi-info display, dual zone A/C and an integrated audio system with CD/MP3/USB and iPod connectivity.

The next variant, the 2.0L AT, comes with all the features but also gets a five-speed automatic gearbox with hill start assist and a foot-type parking brake.

The 2.4L AT gets a more powerful 2.4-litre petrol motor that’s good for 185bhp. It comes with 4WD, sunroof, HID lamps with washer, a five-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and outer door handles with chrome trim.

The top-end trim level is the 2.4L (AVN). It comes with all the features of the 2.4AT and also gets a 6.1-inch touch screen with Navigation, DVD/CD player with IPod, USB, Bluetooth and hands-free telephone connectivity.

New Honda CR-V prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)

2.0 MT: Rs 19.95 lakh

2.0 AT: Rs 20.85 lakh

2.4 AT: Rs 22.40 lakh

2.4 AT AVN: Rs 23.85 lakh

Read the Autocar India review here: http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/326779,2013-honda-cr-v-review-test-drive.aspx

No more premium positioning for Honda! That's what first strikes the mind after seeing the prices. Gone are the days when Honda would price its vehicles heal & shoulders above the competition.

Now focus on the vehicle, its a decent SUV & a good choice for someone hovering around in the petrol segment. Competition is sparce with only a couple of other operators viz Outlander but Mitsubishi itself is not too keen on making it fly of the shelves!

The 2.0 MT should get in decent volumes for Honda and Im happy to see an AT is offered in both engine variants. It looks good too and should be a good option for someone looking for an urban SUV not minding the petrol. With diesel prices rising slowly, I dont think a diesel heart will grace the CR-V anytime in the near future.

I would say it' OK sort of pricing though definitely better than what the previous gen CRV use to costs as CBU.

Since it still misses out on a diesel so no way it will be able to compete in terms of sales with likes of Fortuner/Rexton as of now.

May be after a year or so once the petrol/diesel diff reduces then it might have some impact.

Also, considering current Petrol only SUVs, i would say Skoda Yeti is still an overall better package than CRV (excluding A.S.S)

Also, considering current Petrol only SUVs, i would say Skoda Yeti is still an overall better package than CRV (excluding A.S.S)

Sorry, i meant to say Skoda Yeti (diesel), there is no petrol variant of it.

2.4 AT: Rs 22.40 lakh

2.4 AT AVN: Rs 23.85 lakh

Look at the price difference here. I mean 1.45 laks for a Audio Visual Navigation system..???? Come on...aren't they looting us?

Edited by Sstar

The 2.0 MT should get in decent volumes for Honda and Im happy to see an AT is offered in both engine variants. It looks good too and should be a good option for someone looking for an urban SUV not minding the petrol. With diesel prices rising slowly, I dont think a diesel heart will grace the CR-V anytime in the near future.

Though price barrier between pertol & diesel is decreasing day-by-day, I don't think Indian consumer is that mature for full size petrol SUV! It's definetely a good vehicle, but it'll be still a niche on sells chart!