raj_5004

can the sumo grande?

can the new sumo grande beat the safari and scorpio in terms of sales, performance and overall appeal?

i liked it a lot, but considering its pricing, it is more of a competitor to the tavera and bolero. your views?

for one...the design looks absolutely sexy(finally tata has come out with bold looks)..and the pricing is the icing on the cake.the pic look great and the styling is cool.for once the sumo does not look like just a square box cut in a car format.the C_Pillar looks a land rover like(looks tata`s have already taken cues from their new baby)...scorpio better watch outsmiley2.gif

well i don't think sumo can beat safar in terms of performance...... has this has the old safari 3.0 dicor engine..... while the safari has been upgraded to 2.2vtt... may be in terms of looks... some may find it better than safari....

well then one i think will beat sumo, safari, scorpio, balero(and all others in this range i may have forgot).... and even the endeavour... will be

TATA XENON XT.........
adi19912008-01-15 13:11:42

New Sumo is with 2.2lt and 120bhp and may be it can defeat Safari and Scorpio due to its less weight.

and compared to the scorpio its more stylish and young and would attract the right crowd..hope the quality of materials used is gud this time around....competition wake up.....elsesmiley19.gif

Looks like a new competitor to the Travera ,Scorpio ,Innova and Safari .They should have tuned the suspension better to control that power and Tata claims it to be a SUV .

The Tata Sumo Grande is not only a massive improvement over the old sumo (Tata have thrown out the old blueprints and started from scratch on this baby) it also seems like it could give all the other cars in its category (Tavera,Safari,Innova and Scorpio) a run for its money.With sleek looks,spacious interior,light frame and roaring 2.2lt Dicor engine and 120 bhp it leaves all other far behind.

Three Cheers for the Grande!!!

The Sumo Grande will no doubt compete with the Scorpio. The Tavera is becoming a taxi lately. The Safari and Innova are a notch higher, pricewise and will remain so. The Scorpio  M Hawk though nearly as costly, will  have its loyalists but I believe the Sumo Grande's launch will make M&M and GM offer discounts on the Scorpio and Tavera respectively. I had read that the Sumo Grande will have the 2.2 DICOR engine. If thats true then its sure to rattle the competitors.

The pricing for the Sumo Grande as far as I know will be 6.5 to 7.5 Lakhs.In this range come the three variants -Lx,Ex,Gx.However ill have to get backto you on the Mumbai prices as I don't know them yet.

hey thats nice' date=' what will the cost be in mumbai... could u let me know. thanks

[/quote']

i am planning on buying an SUV in the range of 6-7 lac which car has better suspension the Scorpio or Tata Sumo Grande i dont want my cd player skipping everytime i hit uneven roads.

People are going to forget about the Scorpio once the Sumo Grande is launched and Scorpio sales are going to drop drastically. M&M better come up with a better Scorpio so at least they can compete with the Sumo Grande.

The Sumo Grande will no doubt compete with the Scorpio. The Tavera is becoming a taxi lately. The Safari and Innova are a notch higher' date=' pricewise and will remain so. The Scorpio  M Hawk though nearly as costly, will  have its loyalists but I believe the Sumo Grande's launch will make M&M and GM offer discounts on the Scorpio and Tavera respectively. I had read that the Sumo Grande will have the 2.2 DICOR engine. If thats true then its sure to rattle the competitors.

[/quote']

I can confirm what you have heard ,the Tata Sumo grande does indeed come with a 2.2 dicor engine.