PrancingHorse

Pics & Report: Nissan launches the Nissan Safety Driving Forum in India

post-7692-0-53036300-1361036966_thumb.jp

Nissan today launched the Nissan Safety Driving Forum in India. This is to create awareness for road safety and educate people on the importance of safety features in cars today. The event was launched in Mumbai today in the parking lot of InOrbit Mall Malad, Mumbai, where it will go on for the 16th and 17th of February 2013. The event is open for general public. This will be followed by events in Delhi and Chennai as well. Mr Takayuki Ishida, the M.D. and CEO of Nissan India and Mr Nitish Tipnis Director Sales and Marketing for Hover Automotive were present at the event. Mr Tipnis made it clear that there will be no compromise on safety in any of Nissan’s models or variant and that even the entry level base models will come with important safety features. There were 3 simulators that were kept at the event for every one to try. One specific one I would to mention is the simulator to emphasize seat belt importance where you would sit in a Nissan Micra and it would be flipped 360 degrees of course in slow motion thus illustrating how important belting up is today in the event of a rollover. Apart from that there were displays on road safety as well as the body shell of a Nissan Micra as well. Simulators focusing on Airbags and Braking systems were also seen. I did try the simulators myself and found them quite interesting

In my opinion, this is an excellent initiative by Nissan. There should be more such event by manufacturers in the future

post-7692-0-32743200-1361036970_thumb.jp

More pictures in the next post

I think this is the first of it's kind campaign in India! Hats off to Nissan for doing this things in India! I think events like this & then contests like Maruti Autocar Young Driver should be held in each on city basis in whole India, where traffic sense & common sense, bith are rare sight!

Great Initiative Nissan.

The seatbelt simulator is really scary.

The seatbelt , normal ones cannot take the weight of a person in a roll over,its not designed that way, a person just might slip out of it,look how the person inside is trying to support himself with his hands in a roll over position, this is when he knows he is going in for a rollover, if this were to happen in an accident , his hands would still be at the steering wheel and his head in the roof , still better than no seatbelts.

Four point ,racing car seatbelt better suited for these stunts.

Hey, this ballon on the Airbag simulator has to be a resuable one , ask Nissan to supply these reusable airbags in all their vehicles , so that people dont shy away from the importance of an Airbag just because of its heavy replacement cost.

:-D

well i would say Nissan is the first one in India to introdue safety feature even in base variants...I think all Micra/Sunny as equiped with driver side Airba. So i good start from their side.

Nice effort by Nissan. This should leave a trail for other companies to follow and host such events that would educate the people about the importance of small things like seatbelts in driving.

Nisaan is seriously taking up India and safety matters now.

I loved the 360 rollover, pretty scary to be on that seat and experience a live rollover.

Events like these would not only educate people but also upcoming drivers. Young drivers often think that they can control their vehicle in any situation. But, the ground reality is too different.