arunsru

ICEing my new Ford Figo Exi

Friends,

I am searching for a single DIN car audio system for my new Ford Figo. My budget is 15K maximum. Provision for speakers are in all for doors(and that too 5X7 inch oval as i heard but not confirm abt it). I dont indent for any subwoofer in boot and to use only the space provided by OEM.

Features i need are USB/AUX/TUNER and provision for bluetooth expandability if possible. Since CDs are almost obsolete, i dont prefer to have it. I like melodious songs like those of A R Rahman's with a preference for good bass also.

Please help with detailed spec of your sugggestion.

in 15K you can get descent Rockford speakers, they provide great mids and treble and bass as well and you can later on add a AMP to refine the sound further, I would suggest Rockford Prime components and Ovals . I feel Reliance Auto Zone is expensive, you can get the same stuff from a local dealer at a much lesser cost. From where do you indent to buy ?

http://www.snapdeal.com/products/automotive-car-audio-video?q=Type:Car%20Speakers|Brand:JBL^Rockford%20Fosgate^Blaupunkt&storeID=automotive-car-audio-video_bannersWithLinks_JBL,%20Rockford,%20Blaupunkt

You can get a good Head unit for around 6-7 k from brands like Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc.

Speakers cost varies a lot according to the brand and quality but an avg speaker of 5 inch will cost around 2 - 2.5k

So 7+ 2.5+2.5 = 12 k Total

In case u want bluetooth you can use the remaining amount to go for a better HU

Go for blaupunkt as they make some decent head-units along with speakers.

Second choice would be Sony, but as the company gained popularity and sales increased, the output quality suffered alot.

(Don't go with Kenwood)

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions.

Reliance auto zone is not accessible to me since i am from Mangalore. I have used the link provided by Mr.Shubham and got good deals for HU but the problem am facing is with is non-availability of 5x7" coaxial speakers which i need for my Figo to suit the OEM's provision. I could rather see more 6x9" coaxials available in the market. Is it possible for fitting it without cutting the OEM's provision in doors?

I also want to know about the service of snapdeal. The warranty shown is genuine or not?

I couldn't find any India specific website for blaupunkt.

Please help further.

hello friends,

i couldn't get any reps for 5*7" co=axials yet!

Still my search is on for a good music system besides i am also looking for some more accessories as follows:-

Also i am looking for doing vinyl floor covering since the flooring which OEM provided cannot be cleaned easily because of feather kind of matting. Also in rainy season if it gets wet, again problem will come up like stinky smell etc. Does it may hamper the insurance & warranty covers by doing vinyl matting? If not help me to get a better deal by suggesting some brands etc.

Another accessory i need is reverse parking sensor (since i feel distance shown on display provides more valuable information while reversing) as i had already made a mistake while parking and got a scratch on the back door. Please advice on good brand/ type and expected price range.

Anybody can suggest a good accessory store in Mangalore?

Regards

Arun Vijayan