PrancingHorse

BMW 5 Series facelift coming soon. Will hit Indian shores mid 2013

post-7692-0-57136900-1361877431.jpg

The BMW 5 Series F10 is heading for a facelift if this spy pic is to be believed which has been spotted cold weather testing in the Arctic circle. This comes at a time when Mercedes has also given a facelift to its E Class.

External wise, the bumpers are more heavily structured and the lamp graphics revised, but the existing bodywork is largely untouched. Changes are mainly to the bumpers, headlamps and tail lamps.

Inside, BMW plans to provide the 5-series with the latest version of its iDrive multimedia system and a configurable instrument display.

On the engine front, the twin-scroll turbocharged 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder petrol engine in the 535i is set to gain an added 14bhp, lifting its reserves to 316bhp in the new 540i model. The twin-turbo 4.4-litre V8 petrol engine in the 550i is also expected to get added firepower. Insiders at BMW have already confirmed a 43bhp increase to 444bhp. Note that this info is for engine options in the international market only.

The facelift 5 Series will be publicly unveiled at one of the upcoming Motor Shows and is expected to come to India in mid 2013. We will only know of any engine upgrades at the time of launch

Source: http://auto.163.com/

post-7692-0-35062000-1361877470.jpg

The BMW 5 Series F10 is heading for a facelift if this spy pic is to be believed which has been spotted cold weather testing in the Arctic circle. This comes at a time when Mercedes has also given a facelift to its E Class.

External wise, the bumpers are more heavily structured and the lamp graphics revised, but the existing bodywork is largely untouched. Changes are mainly to the bumpers, headlamps and tail lamps.

Any news on the N20 being given in the 5 ? I think thats the only petrol which is more relevant for the Indian market.

Also adding another pic of the 5'er LCI ;

post-8809-0-75607300-1361878367_thumb.jp

There is nothing extra-ordinary from old 5! Even all BMWs from last 5 years, looks highly similar & it's very tough to tell it's gen! I think they should completely redesign the whole product line-up, just like Merc!

true that it is all becoming so predictable merc did a great job with the yet to be launched e class but audi it changed the game with it's styling

The car spotted in China is a long-wheel-base CHina only variant. Hence the 535Li moniker.

Audi, BMW and Merc all sell special long-wheel-base versions of their products in China.

So the A4 becomes A4L and so on

Umm guys, I had spotted this one in an old parking lot....way back in October.

I have pics if ya guys wanna look out I'll post 'em...

In India ?

Plz upload, it would be interesting indeed.

I feel the 5 series is one of their hot selling sedans and they wouldn't like to go wrong with it. I hope it makes it to India along the same time as the new E class is launched so that it doesn't fall back from it's sales.

New spy photos of the 5 Lci taken at the BMW official photoshoot;

post-8809-0-50904000-1362983564_thumb.jp

post-8809-0-99398400-1362983577_thumb.jp

Lci vs Current gen;

post-8809-0-34606500-1362983590_thumb.jp

If you notice BMW has added a "line" from the headlights to the grille possibly because they want a better transition into the next gen 5-series model, which will most likely have the headlight-grille connection which has been seen on the F30

Mechanically the 5 Lci should get a reworked steering, rest same.

Tentative official launch : NY Auto show

As expected the F10 M5 LCI spotted;

post-8809-0-66077600-1364282869_thumb.jp

post-8809-0-66077600-1364282869_thumb.jp

The F10 M5 will receive light updates (headlight, tail-lights) & some changes on the lower rear bumper.

Mechanically should remain unchanged.

post-8809-0-74686500-1364282884_thumb.jp

What they have tried to do is make the headlamp cluster much sleeker coupled with beefier taillamp cluster and front grille, it is high that this bimmer gets an all new design, just like Audi, BMW too has become a bit generic these days.