PrancingHorse

Honda stops production of Jazz in India. New model coming next year

post-7692-0-10667700-1362030761.jpg

Honda has stopped production of the Jazz in India and dealers have stopped taking fresh orders for this model as stocks have run out. However, Honda has confirmed that it will deliver cars to those customers who have already booked the Jazz. Honda’s decision to pull the plug on the Jazz has come as a shock especially since this premium hatchback had developed quite a fan following ever since Honda slashed its price by over a lakh of rupees in August 2011.

One of the reasons production of the Jazz has ended is to free up capacity for the upcoming Amaze saloon which Honda is betting big on. The company wants to focus on the Brio and its derivatives in India, which is turning out to be largest market for Honda’s small car range. Besides, Honda is rumoured to be losing money on the cut-price Jazz, which is why it controlled its production to minimise losses. For the past few months, Jazz sales have averaged less than 400 cars a month but the demand is far higher. This has led to long waiting lists for the Jazz and irate customers, which could be another reason why Honda decided to stop manufacturing this model altogether.

More here: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/334037,exclusive-honda-stops-jazz-production-in-india.aspx

Stupid Honda

Only now after its price correction & Diesel price hike, Indians have started to look at premium Petrol Hatch, which points to one and only Jazz and today Honda is taking it off the market.

Hinda did a similar stunt around 2003 when City Vtec was the much sort after car, Honda suddenly stopped its production and came out with a stupid City.

@creativebala- that NHC is actually a sedan version of the car now selling here as the Jazz.

I'm no fan of the Jazz because of the van-like, egg-shaped (my preference is for the more boxy variety) design, and if it had a more responsive engine like it does abroad, it would be a sensible buy. Not so. Japanese car companies change the model every five years, unlike American and European companies, who build cars to last a decade.

if it had a more responsive engine like it does abroad, it would be a sensible buy. Not so. J

Responsive petrol hatch? Is there anything in the market today?

With the name of Pollution & FE, Indian Car manufacturers killed Petrol car's Fun2Drive quotient and today, none of the Hatch has got the bottom end/ mid range.

The Palio1.6, Santro & Swift G series were 2 memorable cars, nothing else.

The only one that tries to be rev-happy from the hatch segment is the i20. That's the only option you have if you want plenty of revs. The Fiat Punto 90HP variants are 90hp only on the spec sheets, but sluggish on the road.

I guess people who want plenty of HP in their hatches are likely to line up at Pete's.

Power hatches (short and long) exist worldwide, but there doesn't seem to be a market here in India. I wouldn't really blame the concerns of pollution and fuel-efficiency as much as greedy profiteering by the carmakers (Honda, Skoda, Toyota and Nissan-Renault are the worst offenders) in a country whose government's policies are anti-automobile.

We spend 7.49L for Jazz in Feb 2009 and crossed 72000 kms in three years time.Still it sounds like a brand new car and never spend single rupee than scheduled servicing.In highway (Gurgaon -Ambala-Gurgaon) it returned mileage of 19.8 kmpl and 16.8 in normal city drive (Gurgaon to New Delhi). We replaced its OEM (Good year) tyres once it clocked 65000 kms (it was in good condition for doing another 10000 kms) with Yokohama 190/60 15" tyre and put Neo wheel 5 sprocket alloy wheels.

After changing the Tyre we never experience the ground clearance problems which was a headache with OEM tyre.

This car too good for a family man/Middle aged person/Ladies who do not want to rev the engine and looking forward for economical drive.

We are planning to install CNG kit in Jazz once we get Ford Eco-sport in our possession.

Another blow to Honda line-up. They have introduced new Petrol CR-V and stopped JAZZ.

Stopping production on pre-text of making space for new launch i.e. AMAZE is not justifiable or HONDA has made up it's mind that to remain in India one should only concentrate on small cars and budget sedans (with diesel engines) and not on performance centric / luxury / high-end cars.

God Bless Honda and may be some day we again see vehicles like City V-Tec / Civic / Accord (2005-2007 model) from Honda.

Do you believe Honda's marketing and business policies are favourable for Indian customers? I don't believe they are. Honda doesn't seem to take Indian buyers seriously, be it in outdated models still rolling out or no diesels launched or excessive prices and what may be considered (with the Jazz exception in this thread, and maybe more) a questionable service network- and, of course, a product (CRV) that is completely irrelevant, even as something relevant (Jazz) is pulled off the lineup. I get the feeling Indians overpay for Honda.