librankur

How to install DRLs in a vehicle ?

I am interested in installing DRLs in my ride.

Would like you all to guide me to the best available after market DRLs available in India , which are completely kitted so that that no wire stripping takes place.

Also which ones are the real DRLs , i recently visited a LOCAL Accessories dealer today and he showed me a couple of them all chinese or imports and none had any relay or proper connectors , these were just LIGHTS with two stripped wire ends and were being passed off as the real thing.

I really like the ones that are supplied on the MERC (not that i have one), the thing is that these DRLs on the MERC are not built into the main headlights cluster and thus there is a possiblity that they can be got from a Mercedes Spare counter , thus i was more inclined on getting one of those.

Your inputs are awaited.Dont be specific to a particular vehicle , i will find a way to fit it anyway if i get the real ones.

I do not think you would be a MERC spare in open market. Even it is almost impossible to find a Merc component vendor in after market (authorized one) in India.

Since Hyundai is selling I20 now with DRLs, you may get genuine DRL stuff at

Hyundai showrooms. To be precise, with their accessories-counter-in-showrooms.

Whether they will sell to outsiders (non-Hyundai owners) or not will solely depend

upon your capabilities. All the best.

Other than this, trying to get genuine stuff from Mercedes etc., will be very costly.

In the process, you are exposing yourself to be a scapegoat.

I can't understand one more thing. Why do you need DRLs in India ? We have

plenty of summer light, day light and bright light all along the year. DRLs are

useful only in such places where climate is cloudy, dark and foggy. Moreover,

the DRLs have absolutely no use other than being a pure-cosmetic-value.

Permit me to suggest that you spend your good money on better things than DRLs.

PHILIPS offers the range of quality DRLs with relay & other equipment.

Check it out at their website.

OEM DRL for i20 costs atleast Rs.15,000+ & Merc ones(if available in any case) will cost atleast Rs.50,000-60,000+

@rameshbabu

Good to see you back on the forum,you had been missing for a while now.The main purpose of these is to act as convoy lights , to be strategically place on vehicles front and rear so that the new driver following a vehicle on route ,dont get lost and start following a similar looking vehicle , day or night , both.Its very hard to make out a Taxi from another one , they all look the same (Taxi usage)

Those with the Merc are really bright and can be clearly seen from quite a distance even in broad daylight .Only trouble being they are not sold as a Counter Sale item to non merc owners.

@ dr

True , the Philips ones are the only Universal Fittment Original ones available , atleast in Delhi, checked with a dealer they say they cost around 10K and an additional discount upto 30-40% can be availed on bulk purchase.

Yes, those with the Asta variant are car specific and i am looking for universal retrofitting ones.

@ dr

True , the Philips ones are the only Universal Fittment Original ones available , atleast in Delhi, checked with a dealer they say they cost around 10K and an additional discount upto 30-40% can be availed on bulk purchase.

Yes, those with the Asta variant are car specific and i am looking for universal retrofitting ones.

That's a lot! Last time when I was out for Projector beems for my Rodeo! I saw Genuine Philips Stuff being sold at 3k! (With fitting) But that was grey market stuff!