AMG1

SCOOP! Mahindra S101 Compact SUV takes shape.

Mahindra & Mahindra could be looking at reworking the ground clearance and other features on some of its Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), in order to enable them to conform to the latest excise restrictions.

This could be in reference to the SUV codenamed S101, which would be a sub 4 metre version of the hot selling XUV500. Another such vehicle that is under development is the C-101. Both vehicles are expected to get engines and gearboxes jointly developed by Mahindra and Korean subsidiary SsangYong. Though the decision to have a length under 4 metres was already announced, it is the lowering of ground clearance that comes as a fresh development from the company.

So essentially all these so called SUVs at their time of production would be scrapping their bellies on every bump.

I'ld suggest tata that rather than making a nano sedan, think of a 4X4 dune buggy based on it! It's really possible & when the same thing was done with VW beetle back in 70s, it was a huge hit!

IMAG0333.jpg

113_0704_12_z+meyers_manx+front_view.jpg

This one was featured in one of the Bond films - For Your Eyes Only!!!!

Scoop Interior shot of upcoming New Mahindra S101 Compact SUV:

post-67-0-01954200-1368819975.jpg

(source as mentioned on the pic)

Don't know what Mahindra is doing !

Offering the front 3-passenger(1 driver + 2 passenger seat) in a personal compact SUV of Premium class while 2 Bucket seats in a Mass mover like Quanto which feels more or less like a Passenger mover than a personal car. The latter was further let down by 2 jump seats in its back which reduced the mid-row bench comfort.

C'mon Mahindra, all these exercises reduced the Aspiration & Desirability quotient of your cars.

Nice rendering Amish but you named your rendering not inline with M&M as they like to have big "O" after all their vehicles so may be you may call it XUV3oo.

You may also try rendering long wheel base XUV (May be we call it XUV7oo) having more space in last row as well as for luggage. This may be a nice concept considering level of quality XUV is offering and the driving dynamics which can easily compete with Innova head to head.

Looking at this interior pic...it looks tad boring and bare minimum rather than a XUVish or SUV category. I dont know what M&M is trying to achieve, but if they go by this way then they will surely loose on customer front for their other better SUV like Scorpio/XUV5OO

I'd say Amish's renderings look much better than the actual car captured in the spy pics! That car in the photos looks like a slightly shorter Quanto, with its small wheels- not very attractive.

These are test mules and they are usually very different from the final product. In the first pictures it looks like only the dynamics and mechanicals are being tested. The latest pics with bumper and grill indicates a move towards a real world production worthy model. Quanto may have bombed out but knowing M&M and keeping their history in mind, they are surely going to throw in everything in this baby. Once the final package arrives I can say with confidence that it will at least have the best features in its class!

Bravo Mahindra!

@PH, nice pictures.

However, as i had mentioned in some other threads also, M&M should take care that they provide a vehicle which is niggle free.

Otherwise it's going to end up in another XUV story where people might initially lineup for it and then abandon it in no time.

Hope they had learned a lesson or two in last couple of years.

My initial feeling is this looks seriously small !!!!

Probably an i 10 with higher ground clearance and SUVish front.

M&M will have to really work hard on this one if they want to compete with Ecosport in terms of features, drive and handling. While i am sure they will meet the targets in terms of pricing the vehicle aggressively, they will have to create a strong desirability around S101 in order to succeed.

Looks like the guys at Mahindra wanted to do a real life crash test on this upcoming vehicle!! (Pun intended)

Front looks good, something similar to the spy shots of the next Scorpio, not very but just a bit!

The rear in my opinion looks ugly. But its still under development!!

I hope they design it well (unlike the rear of the Quanto).

Hope that's not a rollover crash! Mahindra vehicles are known to be top heavy & have sloppy handling.

I feel XUVs and this Mini XUV are exempts. Completely agree with your point, even their flagship Scorpio dances to all the Buses and Lorries that passesby