nidhi

in dilemma which diesel hatchback should i go for ??

hi

Looking for easy to maintain diesel car with good performance

Whats your Budget - Rs 06.00L- 7L

Kms driven monthly - 1250kms

Bodyshell - Hatch/ SUV/ MUV

City/Highway split - 80:20

Max No.of Passengers - 1 most of the time

Boot space Importance - ______ medium

Usage by - __________________ Enthu/Lady

Ownership - _________________City

Safety - _____________________High

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling/Looks/performance

Softcorner'd Manufacturer – maruti/ chev

Previous car- wangon r

Timeline -now or max by may '2013

Have sort listed ford figo/ sail- uva/i20/swift

Also please should I go already integrated music or should I add on later as I m music buff.

thanks =)

The Sail diesel should be a good buy now after the price cuts. The 1.3 diesel is the national engine seen in other cars as well. It is quite spacious too and will defi give you good FE as well. Happy buying...

Swift DDis should be the best option (Great looks, good comfort+handling, & also Zdi has integrated music system & off course Maruti is a safe bet when u want to resale too), & also now there is an offer going on Swift D for an instant delivery ;

http://motoroids.com/news/maruti-suzuki-offering-instant-delivery-of-swift-diesel-variants/

^ should'nt be missed as the waiting list is normally pretty long :P

2nd option to consider is the i20 diesel

Beat will fit you perfectly

Top variant around 6L

Packed with almost everything

Great mileage

Chevy 3yrs promise

It might feel a segment lower and almost WagonR like in size but it has a lot of good things going for it.

The other options have already been stated above.

According to me Ford Figo has the best VFM product in this segment! It may be a little less than it's competitors in BHP war, but as you are going to use it in city this won't be an issue! & Ford did the great job with it's suspension & it'll offer you ultimate grip & confidence to throw it into any situations! & another plus point for Figo is it's comfortable & spacious interiors! It feels almost like a c segment Sedan! & Going for the factory fitted music system is the best option, as this untrained workers at car accessories shops often done wiring in incorrect manner & in some cases, they had even damaged interiors! Go For top-end Figo, it's the best option! Another option would be Top-end I20, but it's slightly out of your budget! & you can even go for a lower-end/mid-end Ecosport if you can wait for a month!

@librankur..beat it bit cramped for me, thgt y thinking about sail- uva.

@CarCrazyASTL... how difficult is to maintaining ~ ford~ cars and service ?? eco sport is definitely tempting =)

I would suggest the SWIFT Diesel. The best overall package in this segment, especially since its mostly single driven and rear seat space is not such a big issue. The VDi version would fit right into your budget. If you can stretch your budget go for the ZDi.

@CarCrazyASTL... how difficult is to maintaining ~ ford~ cars and service ?? eco sport is definitely tempting =)

Those days are gone when you have to be a millionaire, to own a Ford in India! With constant improvements & higher level of localization, Ford's After Sales is now even better that that of Maruti's! I'd a booklet in which spare part costs & labor charges of nearly all vehicles were mentioned & too my surprise many common spare parts (which often requires to be changed) were lesser expensive than even Maruti, but body parts such as doors, boot lid or bumpers are approx.15-20% more expensive than that of Maruti's!

I own a Ford Fiesta (now known as classic) for 3 years now & I've spent less than 15k on it & that too on regular paid servicings!

As per my judgement, you can get a middle variant of ecosport with 1.5 ltr petrol (Same unit from current gen fiesta) or lower end variant of 1.5 ltr diesel! & considering the current policies of Govt., which is trying to eliminate subsidy on diesel, even the mid end petrol of ecosport can also fulfill your needs pretty decently!

ecosport is coming with 1 ltr petrol & not 1.5 ltr i guess, Honda amaze could be an option & worth waiting for (wheel base is smaller), price band will also be at par with what you are looking at right now, Figo is also impressive

ecosport is coming with 1 ltr petrol & not 1.5 ltr i guess, Honda amaze could be an option & worth waiting for (wheel base is smaller), price band will also be at par with what you are looking at right now, Figo is also impressive

Dude, Ford is offering 1 lt. ecoboost (petrol), 1.5 lt. Ti-VCT (petrol) & 1.5 lt. TDCI! (diesel) & as per my observations they will offer 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol (which is currently doing it's deuty in current gen fiesta) in 6-8 lakh price bracket! & ecoboost will be offered above 8 lakhs! & To grab diesel fans, they'll surely offer a lower trim with 1.5 lt. 1.5 lt. TDCI diesel moter at around 7-7.5 lakhs!

& I'ld choose Etios rather than that ugly duckling Amaze!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

@nidhi: First, Welcome on the board.

Secondly, keeping that your requirements in the consideration, you need a diesel for sure as the running is beyond 1K mark per month.

Also, since you would be driving this car mostly in city hence i would suggest you should look for one which would give you good all round visibility, easy to park, minimal Turbo lag yet powerfull and comfortable & safety packed.

I would rule out Beat Diesel, even though it is best for city run but it does not give confidence on tight space/ narrow streets.

Swift, again a very good car, powerfull national MJD diesel engine, but lacks space...and all round visibility. So I would rule this out too.

Figo, is a good contender, you can go for Titanium variant which will give you safety gadgets, it has nice spacious cabin, good FE of around 16KMPL in City excellent driving dynamics. But what it lags is Ground clearance. You will hear body scrapping sound on medium to high speed brakers (which are common in India).

Vista Vx D-90- This is a newly launched beast. With 90 PS power from MJD which is highest in the indian diesel hatch segment. Except Airbags and Alloy wheels, you will get everything including ABS+EBD. Plush interiors comes with satelite navigation system etc. I would Highly recommend you to go and atleast check it once. Ask for Test Drive for D-90 version only. Because it is truly different then normal MJD Vista Diesel.

Ritz Zdi. Another capable Tall boy car from Maruti, good on space (more spacious then Swift), top variant comes with all goodies, and safety features. These days 20K exchange bonus and 20K discount is available even on diesel. I would also Highly recommend you to go and check this car. Ask for Test Drive.

Edited by Sstar

Regarding Ecosport, I dont think even the base version diesel will be priced in the 7 lac range.

Ecosport is going to get 1.5 TDCI which is same as in the on going Fiesta. So diesel base should be near 8-9 lacs

hey thanks for feed back, have bought ford figo last month ..

was more excited to share that your interest in ecosport was nice inspiration to look forward and do bit rnd . Thanks to that rnd i am in final round of ecoport urban discoveries and have a chance to drive the beauty ecosport fro 21 days =))

to know more about our experience please follow us at http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/team/delhi-musafirs/

@nidhi: First, Welcome on the board.

Secondly, keeping that your requirements in the consideration, you need a diesel for sure as the running is beyond 1K mark per month.

Also, since you would be driving this car mostly in city hence i would suggest you should look for one which would give you good all round visibility, easy to park, minimal Turbo lag yet powerfull and comfortable & safety packed.

I would rule out Beat Diesel, even though it is best for city run but it does not give confidence on tight space/ narrow streets.

Swift, again a very good car, powerfull national MJD diesel engine, but lacks space...and all round visibility. So I would rule this out too.

Figo, is a good contender, you can go for Titanium variant which will give you safety gadgets, it has nice spacious cabin, good FE of around 16KMPL in City excellent driving dynamics. But what it lags is Ground clearance. You will hear body scrapping sound on medium to high speed brakers (which are common in India).

Vista Vx D-90- This is a newly launched beast. With 90 PS power from MJD which is highest in the indian diesel hatch segment. Except Airbags and Alloy wheels, you will get everything including ABS+EBD. Plush interiors comes with satelite navigation system etc. I would Highly recommend you to go and atleast check it once. Ask for Test Drive for D-90 version only. Because it is truly different then normal MJD Vista Diesel.

Ritz Zdi. Another capable Tall boy car from Maruti, good on space (more spacious then Swift), top variant comes with all goodies, and safety features. These days 20K exchange bonus and 20K discount is available even on diesel. I would also Highly recommend you to go and check this car. Ask for Test Drive.

hey thanks for feed back, have bought ford figo last month ..

Congratulations on buying the new Ford Figo.

Please do share your detailed ownership experience(with pics) in a dedicated thread here.

And do enlighten us with more driving experiences of Ford Ecosport.