PrancingHorse

Spy Shots: Clear pics of the Tata Indigo eCS facelift EDIT: Now launched

post-7692-0-63999800-1363418775_thumb.jp

The Indigo seems to be a case of never say die and Tata is making it soldier on. How long we dont know but here are clear spy pictures of the eCS which has undergone a facelift. At the upfront, the smart looking grille is the most noticeable change. Also seen are new fog lamps. That completes the changes to the front end. Moving to the back, the rear bumper now gets dual tone shades. The car seen in the pics is a diesel LX variant.

There is no clue as to when this model will be launched but it should be sometime this year. But it is not alone as it will have competition from other sub 4 meter sedans like the DZire and the soon to come Verito CS as well. At a time when sales are down Tata should be looking at new models rather than keep refreshing old ones in my opinion

post-7692-0-28525700-1363418783_thumb.jppost-7692-0-24589900-1363418791_thumb.jp

Source: Motorbash

:D ! The whole Indica range (including Manza & Vista) looks dated now. Only God knows when they will design a completely new range of products!

For a start Tata should dump the "family-look" criteria, let all cars look different. Otherwise it fails the entire range al-together. Proof of which is evident, Indica, Vista, Manza, Aria. While the different looking Storme has managed to carve out a niche.

Could be testing the 800cc Nano's Diesel

or the upcoming

1Litre 3 potter, Tata showcased earlier.

This could be a case here.

Also, to me the rear bumper is same as it was given to the Indigo XL so it is not a new thing at all.

Front is more similar to eV2...so again a copy and back to square one by TATA.

Guys,

I just saw a brand ew eCS LX just near to my place but i could not take pic as I was driving. The changes which i could notice from outside look are: -

1. Scratch resistant black skirting on the bottom.
  2. 2 colour rear bumper.

So it looks like some changes have started coming in to on road version of eCS

Edited by Sstar

A couple of more pics

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Finally a set of pics revealing some real details on Indigo CS minor facelift/refresh job.

Visible changes are:

-Honeycomb mesh front grille with Twin-Chrome slats embedded into it.

-Chrome fog-lamp recesses.

-Chrome boot-lid applique over the Registration plate, like Swift DZire & Honda AMAZE.

Both these Chrome element infusion to add some Chrome-luxury look into it.

Other changes visible are:

-Black dial-color based Headlamps.

-Rear Parking sensors.

Rarely but if adopted in this refresh, Tilt steering can really improve the user-experience of this car.

As lack of this is a biggest disaster for the ergonomics of this car or even all the cars based on this platform. Adding this into it can really make this car far more luxurious & comfortable to drive on long journeys.

Edited by dr_nishu

The facelift Indigo eCS is still being tested and here is a totally uncamouflaged picture

post-7692-0-01693600-1367577065_thumb.jp

The front grill now gets new detailing, it gets a dash of chrome which encloses the Tata logo. The front bumper is revised and the fog lamps are now enclosed within new body colored housings. The headlamps now have a smoked effect.

The updated car gets a new set of alloy wheels and a dual tone bumper is the highlight of the rear. The rest of the exterior remains the same. We expect mild improvements to be made to the interior.

Pic and source: Motorbash

Why test it so-much for mere few cosmetic plastic changes !

Even though they test it as much as possible, weakness do crop up in those parts due to the average quality associated with them.

Even if they're really improved on quality, then who'll change the perception of the people about them ?

C'mon, TATA do some different, to make some difference.

i think they also introduced this new colour as well so they need to test the new paint job too :P

on the serious note, I think they are surely testing new engines under the hood.

Tata Motors is lining up a big event on the 19th of June 2013. On that very day, we'll see not one, not two, but three car launches. These launches will be facelifts of existing products and in the mix, a much anticipated(and much delayed if we may add) product will also be launched. Yes, the Tata Nano CNG is said be due on the 19th of June 2013 and we learn that shipments of the Nano CNG are being readied up to reach Tata dealerships across the country ahead of the actual launch. The overarching idea is to make the Nano CNG available right off the shelf from the launch date itself. Coming to the big scoop Team-BHP's crack team of spy photographers have snagged, it is the 2013 Tata Indigo eCS facelift.

Source: Team-BHP

Refreshed Tata Indigo CS spied again without camouflage:

Mildly tweaked front with refreshed radiator grille & black shroud headlamps.

post-67-0-62335500-1370979698_thumb.jpg

Refreshed rear with bootlid Chrome garnish applique(standard for CS segment cars like DZire, Amaze, Verito Vibe).

post-67-0-05228800-1370979715_thumb.jpg

Refreshed center console with Silver accents & New Vista based silver on black gear knob.

post-67-0-67484200-1370979710_thumb.jpg

Upgraded rear seat bench with added central armrest.

post-67-0-61818600-1370979704_thumb.jpg

(Pics source: IAB)