PrancingHorse

Jaguar XJR revealed... To be showcased at the New York Motor Show 2013

post-7692-0-52082400-1363840796.jpg

After the Supersport, I never thought that Jaguar would come up with an R version for the current XJ but I have been proved wrong. The XJR is coming and will be showcased at the New York Motor Show 2013. Power for the XJR comes from Jaguar’s famed supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine. In the XJR, it produces 542bhp, the same power output as the recently unveiled XFR-S.

Jaguar hasn’t confirmed any performance figures for its new rear-wheel drive saloon, but a 0-100kph time close to 5.0sec would be expected. Jaguar has promised “supercar performance” for the new model. Darkened mesh is used for the front grille and air intakes, a front lip spoiler is added, and chrome trim contrasts against the gun metal grey paint finish. Large five-spoke alloys wrapped in low-profile tyres are further additions to the most potent XJ ever. Jaguar hasn’t gone into detail on the “bespoke chassis and aerodynamic developments” the XJR has compared to the standard XJ. Full details will be confirmed at the New York motor show.

As a big Jaguar fan I am extremely excited about this. Hope to see this hit Indian shores soon

post-7692-0-52082400-1363840796.jpg

Jaguar hasn’t confirmed any performance figures for its new rear-wheel drive saloon, but a 0-100kph time close to 5.0sec would be expected

XJ supersport already does 0-100 in 4.7 secs

The XJR will be about 4 secs

XJ SS is kerb weight is about 1870 kg as comparing to an M5 i.e.1945 kg

This is gonna be one quick KITTY for sure :P

Source : http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Jaguar-XJR-2013-first-official-pictures/

The XJR is having the same engine present in the XFR-S ;

XFR-S does the 0-100 sprint in 4.4 secs.

The interesting thing is that the XFR-S weighs about 1987 kgs

& the larger XJ R weighs 1870 Kgs (XJ Super Sport weight taken for reference)

So the 0-100 timing of about 4 secs is quite achievable.

* Weights as per Jaguar website

Jaguar now needs a smaller engine for their performance vehicles, see how Merc, Audi and BMW downsized from V12s and V10s towards small twin turbo V8 mills under 4.5 litre. It is that Jaguar 5 litre V8 seems to be overused.