Sstar

Is Honda Planning Brio based MPV EDIT: Its the Honda Mobilio

Honda unveils Mobilio MPV

post-67-0-56830800-1379598920.jpg

Honda has just revealed its new mini-MPV called Mobilio (Codename: 2NH) in Indonesia.

At first the Mobilio might look like the Brio or Amaze from the front, but it has been completely redesigned to suit its role as an MPV.

The Mobilio’s 2650mm wheelbase is 245mm longer than the Amaze and overall length is 4390mm. The roof line has also been changed to create a more spacious cabin with overall height 105mm greater than the Amaze. This is also partly because of the 20mm increase in ground clearance to a solid 185mm.

post-67-0-94806100-1379598916_thumb.jpg

(Pic source: IAB) Details of the interior are sketchy, but the Brio’s dashboard is likely to be carried over. Insiders say there will be plenty of luggage space present even with all three rows being used by passengers.

post-67-0-53512800-1379598923.jpg

Where Honda’s mini-MPV is likely to score well too is in the engine department. Unlike Maruti’s Ertiga, that suffers from a bit of turbo lag owing to the small displacement 1248cc diesel engine used, this car will come powered by Honda’s 1498cc 96.6bhp i-Dtec diesel motor that delivers instant throttle responses and plenty of torque. The 2NH will be introduced in Indonesia with a lightly tuned version of the City’s current 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor that develops 116bhp and 14.6kgm of torque.

post-67-0-51774800-1379598926.jpg

With three rows of seats, Honda’s excellent packaging skills, aggressive styling and a strong diesel engine under the hood, Honda’s mini-MPV will surely give the Ertiga a run for its money. Expect to see the car in India first at the Auto Expo in 2014, with the production version hitting our shores towards the middle of next year.

(Source: AutocarIndia)

Is this an all new platform for they have just increased the wheelbase and height of Jazz platform? The side profile is a XXL size of Jazz to my eyes ,I wonder what Tata could have done with a increase in height and extra seat in the boot of Indigo Marina.

Is this an all new platform for they have just increased the wheelbase and height of Jazz platform? The side profile is a XXL size of Jazz to my eyes ,I wonder what Tata could have done with a increase in height and extra seat in the boot of Indigo Marina.

It's based on completely new Brio-platform, on which Amaze is also based.

This looks nice, though D pillar design looks somewhat awkward.

This will give very though fight not only to Ertiga but also to Innova who hasn't found a worthy competitor till date.

Honda: pls change that Brio dashboard on this MUV, it just doesn't match with it's profile.

Hope Honda provides a proper AC unit/vents for 2nd and 3rd rows.

All the ingredients to make a successful MPV in India. Looks can be subjective, some might not find it all that pretty. From the interior sketches, the 3rd row legroom looks decent. Both the engines are good. Now they need to provide good AC (2nd/3rd row), all the basic features, and price it competitively (between Ertiga and Innova) and Honda has a winner on hand.

I feel this is one vehicle which can compete with Innova, because it will also carry the reliability factor of Honda, which i believe is the main USP of Innova.

In my opinion, the ertiga still makes lot more sense then this. Ertiga is based on swift's platform but the exteriors are different from swift. But in this case it looks same as brio and amaze. Plus the quality in amaze is not good in comparison to dzire.

Honda is really bring its A Game to the table!

With three rows of seats, strong petrol and diesel engine options, nice spacious cabin and decent enough luggage space i feel, if the people at Honda get the pricing right, this Brio based MPV (also known as Mobilio) will give the Maruthi Suzuki Ertiga a tough fight on its home turf!!

the Honda Mobilio will be seen at the upcoming Auto Expo in February next year. The Mobilio was revealed in September at the 2013 Indonesia International Motor Show, and until now, Honda has not publicly showcased the LMPV outside Indonesia. The Mobilio diesel will be powered by the same 1.5-liter EarthDreams diesel engine seen in the Amaze. Whether or not the power and torque outputs would differ is not known yet, however, Honda engineers did the transplantation in Japan and data collection and other inputs came from the Indian team.

The petrol Mobilio announced for Indonesia is powered by the City’s 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine outputting 118 PS and 144 Nm of torque, paired to a 5-speed manual or a CVT gearbox.

Here are some pics

post-9757-0-30034500-1384844962_thumb.jppost-9757-0-86323600-1384844965_thumb.jp

Source: Indian Autos Blog

I just wonder about the fact of under 4M size and enjoyment to the manufaturer in terms of price. Will Honda do it to compete directly with Ertiga or they will lock horns with Toyota?

I just wonder about the fact of under 4M size and enjoyment to the manufaturer in terms of price. Will Honda do it to compete directly with Ertiga or they will lock horns with Toyota?

First answer to this is NO, reason being this is an International design by Honda & by far Honda haven't tinkered any original design design for such benefits(Amaze is born CS not a chopped one), nor they'll do soon be it a MPV or a Compact SUV-VAZEL. We'll receive both of these products in same global shape & form.

Secondly this car is based on value engineered Brio platform, which itself is quite competitive in costs & its development. So, expect value pricing this time also for this Mobilio MPV. Honda has already planned to lock horn with Maruti & Toyota.

BTW, I'm sure 2014 belongs to Honda & TATA motors in terms of new & exciting sub rs.15 lacs products.

BTW, I'm sure 2014 belongs to Honda & TATA motors in terms of new & exciting sub rs.15 lacs products.

Off topic: :P

Hey Nishu, did you write TATA willingly? If yes.....I am excited to know more...is there a thread going on by you?

Off topic: :P

Hey Nishu, did you write TATA willingly? If yes.....I am excited to know more...is there a thread going on by you?

Yes, i wrote it intentionally.

Plan to Book your Auto expo 2014 tickets to know more by TATA for India, not concepts though.

Yes, i wrote it intentionally.

Plan to Book your Auto expo 2014 tickets to know more by TATA for India, not concepts though.

Definitely, I will be there, last time in 2012 I missed it because I was away...but this time for sure. Are you coming? :)

A Honda Mobilio with cosmetic and sport enhancements has been seen in Indonesia and has got the RS badge. It has got new headlamps with projectors and LED lights, a twin chrome grille, a sportier bumper, honeycomb mesh for the airdam and a bumper spoiler lip. The Mobilio RS gets side skirts and different sport looking alloy wheels.

The rear gets a roof spoiler, a redesigned rear bumper with a lower lip spoiler. There is a prominent RS badge on the rear

Here are the pics

post-9756-0-53901900-1392964785.jpgpost-9756-0-13619200-1392964789.jpgpost-9756-0-42917200-1392964793.jpg

Source

I think this is in response to Suzuki's Ertiga sporty just introduced in Indonesia.IMHO the front looks way better with the twin split grill than the boring single grill.

pics of Ertiga Sporty

Suzuki-Ertiga-Sporty-Indonesia-10-850x551.jpg

Suzuki-Ertiga-Sporty-Indonesia-9-850x516.jpg

Have registered at Honda website and got a call today for Mobilio.

They said it's launching in July end or Aug 1st week. No pricing details were shared.

They will be sending detailed brochure through mail.

it would probably launch just before the start of festive season...like August 2nd or 3rd week. Honda will like to role as much mobilio as they can and as soon as they can to grab the market share.