PrancingHorse

Spy Pics: Base Entry level Force One SUV caught testing

post-7692-0-71350500-1364354841.jpg

Here are pictures of Force Motors Force One SUV but in a different avtaar. This is a stripped down entry level variant which could be priced lower to boost sales for the product which hasnt really taken off sales wise. Visual differences seen in the pictures are:

• No body coloured bumpers or ORVMs
  • No DRL LEDs
  • No chrome inserts
  • No fog lights, roof rails and alloy wheels

Apart from the above Im sure there will be some stripping of features done to the interiors as well. And there are rumours that Force may not use the Daimler engine in the low cost variant.

If launched at an aggressive price with minimum creature comforts, this could find a place with tourist and taxi operators for sure.

post-7692-0-69252700-1364354838.jpg

Pics & source: Motoroids

Yes.

It may bring some good volumes to Force motors, atleast the situation will improve over the current.

Afterall its business and Force motors can't afford to let their investment in this platform die so easily.

I doubt this will help Force Motors because once a product bombs its very hard to recover, especially when the market is in doldrums. Force Motors should have launched a base version of this car in the first place at a competitive price.

I doubt this will help Force Motors because once a product bombs its very hard to recover

This car is a hit considering its price, chinese connection and what it is selling.

I see more number of F1 than Aria, which speaks for itself. If super-stripped, this could be a good competitor to Innova & Tavera in Taxi market.

This version of Force 1 can give a good hold in MUV segment of the country & across various territories as Trax/Toofan/Cruiser is handling the Taxi/passenger hauling duties in Rural & Sub-urban areas with having their considerable hold in there & similarly this can establish itself in Urban, Metro cities as well.

Even this vehicle can be projected the another way, means introducing this bare-basic BS-III vehicle in Non-metros, Sub-urban & Rural areas at a low price with basic essential features like AC-Heater, PS, Power windows, etc for better product reach & market penetration.

But somehow, I don't favour introduction of BS-III engines now, considering our country soon switching over to BS-V(metros) & BS-IV(rest of India). Specially our domestic car manufacturers like TATA, Mahindra are focusing more towards developing a low-cost, low-on-ownership costs Common rail engines(3.0 DiCOR for cheaper TATA XENON range & miDCR for Mahindra Boleros' & Xylos').

With its sheer size and basic specifications which in turn means aggressive pricing Force Motors can actually hit a jackpot here.

The taxi segment can lap it in no time if priced in the range of the Xylos , these people already have their Tempo Travellers and thus another meaningfull offering by this company can even be provided with attractive finance schemes to this segment.

This vehicles positioning earlier as a luxury offering at an affordable price did not find many takers , may be this time offering it as a basic people mover can get the cash registers ringing for the company and get the company the sales it was looking for.

Such are the times that when current owners of the vehicle were waiting for a 4*4 version the company decides to strip it down to the bare basic.

I also see this as a potential replacement for Delhis aging fleet of policing vehicles considering the cheapest of Innovas can cost upwards of 9L basing my assumption purely on the space it offers and my estimation of the price it should arrive at and i am not in anyway undermining the capabilities of the Innova.

I kind of like the new pic posted today by PranchingHorse.

The car looks taller & more muscular with non body colored bumpers...

Frankly i'd buy one of these & pray that the Front & back Logo/emblem get stolen :P

If they are going to make such mechanical changes like plonking the 2.6 OM116 in cut price One in place of 2.2, then how they would price it aggressively, also saving bits like LEDs and roof rails are not going to help Force to save lakhs over standard Force, I think it is base level One with de-tuned 2.2, remember cut price Scorpio with 2.2 mHawk with 75bhp.