Nathan

Any news about the Toyota Fortuner?

Hey ppl do hv any news abt da eagerly awaited fortuner by Toyota...??If it is launched soon, it will surely take da pants off da captiva and maybe even the CR-V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fortuner is not expected this year..It seems some talks are going on whether to launch the fortuner in india or not...

so me gonna buy CRV without considerin the Fortuner optionsmiley19.gif

Toyota is still dilly dallying about the Fortuner but it looks like it will come in 2009 and be made from CKD parts so it will be relatively cheap (Rs. 15-17 lakh)

A company source has told me that there are no plans on the Fortuner for India as of now. They feel they volumes are not enough in this segment. They are focussing on a swift sized car right now.

Sadly due to the Indian market perceptions, we will never get to see this true genuine off roader, at 15L its far better and true off roader with the wonderful Prado V6. I have driven it off road extensively in Philippines as my brother in law owns one, I can tell you, its loads of fun and far better off and on road than its counterparts.

anybody got any idea bout wen the fortuner makes it to our shores??

Note From Admin: Please take time out to search for existing thread before starting a new thread on a topic that already exists.
FuelRunGod2008-01-29 08:04:13

i dont think toyota is in any mood to introduce new cars to india....recently aci highlighted to the delay in introducing fortuner to india but for the next three years there is gonna be no new product launch from toyota except the new corolla !!!!

Fortuner is a one hell of a SUV, its built on the chassis used by Toyota truck (cannot remember the model). This SUV has high ground clearance with ample of space with quality interiors and especially the car handling. This SUV gives a feeling like you are driving a CAR not a diesel SUV. The power is excellent and this is #1 SUV selling in Thailand for 3 years in row.

Heard this is planned to be end of 2009 in india.

......we all are just waitng for it ....n idont think so that toyota hav any plans to launch it here before 2010 !....am really very disapponted from toyota for this thing!!

Fortuner shares its platform with the Innova, so assembling it should not be a problem. As Designer sf mentioned, Toyota will most possibly bring in the new gen. Fortuner, I too have the same views, because manufacturers like Toyota give 4- 5 years of time to a particular model , after which it is replaced with a new one. Unless Toyota decides to play the Qualis game , but its unlikely as market has matured.