manishk123

Merc mirrors or Nano?

lol..... probably you can get them cheaper at chor bazaar or something.....

another great option... you can get the other mirror detached to.... probably get some money out of it.... or just keep it.... and put old classy all stell side view mirrors.... it would be like a modification and lotzzzzzzzz cheaper too.... 

what!! 120K Rs? for side mirror! I don't understand why MB india cannot source these at lesser money. Electrically adjustable mirrors with indicators are available on various other luxury models like the accord/camry and of equally good quality and cost less than that. see ACI's Jan issue that compares cost of spares for almost all models available in India.

looks like u gonna buy a new (small)car everytime u visit the doc....oops imean the workshopsmiley2.gif..well the chor bazzar is definitely the only best option available,and anyways quality does not matter for a mirror

was going through the ACI januray issue where theres a camparison of spare costs for almost all manufacturers in india. Baring the C,E and s class no other brand charges upwards of 100K for a sideview mirror. Even the one on imported Porsche Carrera costs far less at 30K. Accord and Camry mirrors cost around 6000Rs. Infact it seems Merc has more than doubled the cost of mirrors since last year (from 46K to 120K) phew...just ridiculous

Mercs are known for their high quality all around  but that shouldn't necessarily come hand in glove with a stiff price tag. this is what compels it to price its spares a way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo higher than say, a Bimmer or Volvo that are imported but relatively cheaper. This is the only thing I am disgusted with which is my FAVOURITE carmaker!!!!!

I sent someone to look around at chor bazaar. They only have the mirror part and not the full assembly. Since this is a 2007 car with the new side mirrors there's not much chance of finding them there.

Have asked a friend to get them in from dubai. Will atleast save some on the duty part.

I would fdefinitely not look at the Chor bazar. By doing this we encourage more thefts.

I feel the same way too, but one my cousins could not bear to see me spend so much on mirrors so went scouting in chor bazaar.

Just had the side view mirror assembly on my merc E280 damaged. The dealer has quoted Rs.120' date='000/- for a new pair. I was just thinking, should i buy a Nano instead? smiley5.gif[/quote']

At this rate the best place for your Merc to be would be in your bank's safety vault. For the money we spend on dowdy low end 'luxury' cars here in India we can get an AMG version of the same abroad. Tis very unfair of Merc to do this. Buying and running any luxury car here in India is akin to 'sadomasochism' <inflicting pain on oneself and getting an 'orgasm' out of it> for sure.

Just had the side view mirror assembly on my merc E280 damaged. The dealer has quoted Rs.120' date='000/- for a new pair. I was just thinking, should i buy a Nano instead? smiley5.gif[/quote']

At this rate the best place for your Merc to be would be in your bank's safety vault. For the money we spend on dowdy low end 'luxury' cars here in India we can get an AMG version of the same abroad. Tis very unfair of Merc to do this. Buying and running any luxury car here in India is akin to 'sadomasochism' <inflicting pain on oneself and getting an 'orgasm' out of it> for sure.

My comment is just a joke on the irony of the situation that i can get a full new car for the price of just mirrors of another one! Does'nt mean i'm actually considering it!

Yes it hurts to pay so much in India for these cars, and i know u can get an AMG or even and S class abroad for the price we pay for an E class here..

But at the end of the day, this is where we live, if we do want to enjoy luxury cars, then what other choice do we have, besides buying them at exorbitant prices.

Cant keep waiting, hoping someday duties will come down and then we'll be able to buy cars at prices people buy them abroad. The way i look at it, you only live once!

Ps: FYI - The new mercedes S class which costs over 90 lacs in Mumbai has a 4 month wait list! 

@Manish as it wouldnot be  a good idea to buy the Side view mirror from the Choor bazar or something , i  would like to make my suggestion , wh dont you fit the side view mirror of Civic V , it has side inicator plus would be cheaper and migh cost you arond 10 k or above (not sure ) or else CRV side mirror with indicator would be a good choice , if possible to fit in your Merc car

Cheers!!!

Hey mndvishnu mostly Honda doesn't give outright side view mirror and nor many of accessory shops have them .Its like repear your car from us or just don't do it which is the reason I like Suzuki and Tata you can do many jobs for less price.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys! I finally got the mirrors from dubai for 65k. It really pained me to see my car without them so i had to splurge. She now looks complete again and im a happy man.