cars4life

Pics: Skoda Superb face lift. Would you still buy a Passat?

Skoda has revealed pictures of the face lift Superb. I really like the new look and the rear looks awesome. The tail light treatment is sweet actually.

post-7828-0-48442100-1364989725.jpg

On the outside, the new Superb gets a new grille, logo, head- and fog-lights, bumpers, front fenders and bonnet. Skoda has also added bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights, and the rear lights have also been redesigned. The changes in the cabin include a new four-spoke steering wheel, a new gear lever, new colour schemes and the front passenger seat can also be moved from the rear electronically. There’s also an automatic reverse parking system.

The facelifted Superb will continue to be offered with the same engine choices when it is launched here. This includes a 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine, a 2.0-litre TDI and a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine. The TSI motor comes with the option of a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG auto ‘box, while the 2-litre diesel and the 3.6-litre V6 is available with a six-speed DSG only.

“The Skoda Superb is the pinnacle of our model line-up and proves its capability as a manufacturer. The present comprehensive facelift has made our top model even more attractive,” says Skoda CEO Winfried Vahland. “The Skoda Superb offers comfort beyond the middle-class standard. This means lots of room, excellent functionality, high comfort, top safety, great value for money and timeless elegance. We are always intent on offering our customers a little bit extra car.”

An official launch date hasn’t been announced yet, but the facelifted Superb is expected to hit showrooms here by end-2013.

Would you still buy a Passat over this?

post-7828-0-98389600-1364989727.jpgpost-7828-0-94897700-1364989730.jpg

How come you are equating two unequalls.These are very different vehicles .The space inside Superb is big enough to hold soccer matches.VW offerring that competes with it is the Passat.

The Superb was going for as much as 3.5L cheaper recently and that was not on account of these changes.

The changes make it more Audi like from the rear.

Supreb is really great car and segment leader from its inception.It can match the equipment list of E-Class/5 Series and look wise always better than Passat.Buyers are more concerned about Skoda's service which they have slightly improved recent years.

There are serious technical flaws in Skoda Superb's Airconditioning system.

I purchased a Skoda Superb in June 2011 and I am being made to pay for it.

The AC doesn't work properly. The Workshop people are not able to diagnose the fault.

The compressor requires a change for the 3rd time in less than 2 years.

Most of the times, the Car remains in Workshop, as one can't use a Car without proper AC.

Now, also, the Car is in Skoda Workshop for the past 20 days, as they don't have a compressor for replacement.

Skoda isn't ready to officialy accept that the Car has a technical flaw and it needs replacement.

Beware of purchasing a Skoda Superb.

There are serious technical flaws in Skoda Superb's Airconditioning system.

I purchased a Skoda Superb in June 2011 and I am being made to pay for it.

The AC doesn't work properly. The Workshop people are not able to diagnose the fault.

The compressor requires a change for the 3rd time in less than 2 years.

Most of the times, the Car remains in Workshop, as one can't use a Car without proper AC.

Now, also, the Car is in Skoda Workshop for the past 20 days, as they don't have a compressor for replacement.

Skoda isn't ready to officialy accept that the Car has a technical flaw and it needs replacement.

Beware of purchasing a Skoda Superb.

WOW....this seems to be first complaint of Superb's not so superb A/C unit. :o

Superb is a great car and has excellent comfort. Superb has always been the favourite of mine & its looking much more attractive.

Taillights are much similar to those of Audi A7 i think.

Nice to see some decent upgrade in Superb

I say change the thread title to who would buy a Passat when you got a Superb, I mean if you hide the badge and grille then it looks more or less Audish, which is a very big plus point together with standard ballpark Superb features, I say Skoda got another winner in their hands.