Mr.lama

Proud New Member of AutoCar India :)

Hi everyone I am Rajeev Lama from Kohima the capital city of Nagaland. I am into Computer Sales and Service. I am new to Auto Car India I am really thankful to the AutoCar India team for letting me to be a part of this forum. At the same time I would also like to congratulate ACI for being the best magazine in the county.

I had fascination for cars from my teens but due to financial constrain I was not able to get my hands on any car but after a long wait and a very hard work I could finally buy Fiat’s Punto 1.3 MJD emotion Plus and VW Vento Highline D in the same year J i.e 2011. I just love these cars but I prefer Fiat’s Punto more.

I like travelling a lot and very soon (it can be next week also) I am planning to go for a long Raod trip from Kohima to kanyakumari and see the whole of South India.

I once again thank ACI for being so helpful to car lovers and hope to learn more in future and at the same time I would also like to contribute from my experiences too.

Thanks

Hello Rajeev

Thats a great intro there. You seem to be a diesel lover and thats a nice set of cars you have in the garage. Looking forward to ownership reports of your machines.

Since you love travelling you must most your travel experiences in our Travelogues section. Should be interesting to read.

Glad to have you aboard. See you around in the forums

Welcome on board Lama, when you say you own a Punto, it indirectly means 'I am a Car lover', 'I facinate cars from Childhood','I love long drive', bla bla bla..............................

So we are once again proud to have 1 more feather in ACI's Hat.

Thank a lot guys for the warm welcome......

I definitely love diesel cars... I just love the torque. I will definitely update my drives experierinces here very soon

but one request from all the members who has done long roadtrips as what would be the worst thing that could go wrong in this

kind of trip and how well should I prepare myself...

thanks once again..

:)

Welcome Rajeev, you looked to me a driving enthusiastic person as you have two jems which are known for great ride quality.

Please share some pics as well of these two.

one request from all the members who has done long roadtrips as what would be the worst thing that could go wrong

Though I haven't taken any Out station long trips, I have taken a long trip and had something to share with you.

1. Carry PUC, this is not required in some state, but in many its too important.

2. Carry a Air Pump(even a Rs 100 road side pump will do), Coolant, Glass cleaner, Puncture kit,

3. Carry lots of Water and some snacks to fulfill your thirst & hunger

4. If lots of night driving is present, change to 100W bulb or Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Night Breaker.

5. Locate the Ghar BP pumps before starting, have 30mins-1hr nap where ever possible.

6. Check oil levels and vehicle fitness before starting.

7. Have a GPS Phone & your Breakdown contact number handy.

8. Do take a break every 2 hrs, avoid 11AM-2PM travel

9. Don't mix Drink and Drive

Edited by creativebala

These days all major car companies provide roadside assistance. So have the phone number. It will come handy. Also there are other good ones which do this service irrespective of the vehicle brand. Have the contact number of such providers too.

Eg.: TVS Roadside Assistance.

I hope Vento & Fiat have emergency first aid kits. If not have one.