anirudh

Fiat Caffe. Is it really good?

Fiat has deviced an automated Spare parts management system, so sourcing any spare parts for any Fiat(Post Uno) won't be a big issue soon.

-THATS GOOD NEWS

Fiat has deviced an automated Spare parts management system, so sourcing any spare parts for any Fiat(Post Uno) won't be a big issue soon.

What is this bala? Can you elaborate more please.

When I went to collect my car after bumper painting to fix the scratches had a chance to bump into a FIAT executive who is in charge for the spares and the DMS related training for the south region.

Had a brief discussion with him and a few pointers that I picked up. Here we go with the details.

1. The spares warehouse is spread across 60,000 sq ft.

2. The spares warehouse can house spares worth 450 crores

3. The spares turnover currently is anywhere between 19-22 crores on a month on month basis

4. The new DMS has been designed to make the spares distribution process smoother.

5. All the new service centers will be trained to handle the new DMS with the parts ePER loaded in the DMS itself, so no more referring to parts catalogue which is stand alone.

The spares procurement process.

1. The order would be placed in the system from the dealer/service center end.

2. The parts order gets logged in the same day in the Spares warehouse

3. The parts would be sorted and would be picked the next day and would be ready for shipment on the 3rd day from placing the order.

4. The parts would reach the dealer/service center in 1 – 4 days depending on the distance between the warehouse and the dealer/service center.

5. All VOR orders would be air-shipped and would be available in 24 hours.

The 90% of the Palio spares are available in the ware house for the Palios that were manufactured within the last 10 years from the current date.

Though this might not seems very different from other manufacturers, now at least it seems that a proper system is being put in place for good.

I will dig out more information if I get a chance to meet the person again.

-nkrishnap of T-Bhp

When I went to collect my car after bumper painting to fix the scratches had a chance to bump into a FIAT executive who is in charge for the spares and the DMS related training for the south region.

Had a brief discussion with him and a few pointers that I picked up. Here we go with the details.

1. The spares warehouse is spread across 60,000 sq ft.

2. The spares warehouse can house spares worth 450 crores

3. The spares turnover currently is anywhere between 19-22 crores on a month on month basis

4. The new DMS has been designed to make the spares distribution process smoother.

5. All the new service centers will be trained to handle the new DMS with the parts ePER loaded in the DMS itself, so no more referring to parts catalogue which is stand alone.

The spares procurement process.

1. The order would be placed in the system from the dealer/service center end.

2. The parts order gets logged in the same day in the Spares warehouse

3. The parts would be sorted and would be picked the next day and would be ready for shipment on the 3rd day from placing the order.

4. The parts would reach the dealer/service center in 1 – 4 days depending on the distance between the warehouse and the dealer/service center.

5. All VOR orders would be air-shipped and would be available in 24 hours.

The 90% of the Palio spares are available in the ware house for the Palios that were manufactured within the last 10 years from the current date.

Though this might not seems very different from other manufacturers, now at least it seems that a proper system is being put in place for good.

I will dig out more information if I get a chance to meet the person again.

-nkrishnap of T-Bhp

Will these parts be availaible only in fiat cafees or in other fiat dealers also.because everywhere one cant find a fat caffee

At last hope Fiat to get it right this time. First was their failed venture into India with PAL, then with Tata. Now they want to go all alone. Hope they do well because they have some of the finest engines (Multijet) which is being used even by rival companies through license agreements and they design some of the most beautiful cars on Earth. All they need to have is a perfect marketing strategy, ample service outlets throughout the country and good after sales team with spare parts at reasonable cost. That is all that is needed. Think how Hyundai conquered our country and became No.2. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Fiat caffes will definitely bring a change on how customers perceive Fiat after sales service. Spare parts management methodology will really be helpful. I have heard that at Fiat caffes, italian premium wine and italian brewed coffee is also available !!!

btw...just to add a point ... I just watched Fiat India's latest ad campaign on TV and to me.. I think they have put in a good effort to recall the trust of Indian car customer which was earlier with Fiat... (Premier Padmini era)...Good to see that Fiat now recognises that they lost it before and they should gain it again so as to start their inning on their own feet.

Recently I have visited to the Fiat Caffe in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Till now they have not completely arranged the look and feel of the actual caffe. But interestingly, they are giving spares and services for Fiat Palio models apart from Linea and Punto. Fiat merchandise products like T-shirts, scale models, logos, key chains etc are also available. The customer support team is very nice and very cooperative. Finally it is a relief for us !!!

For all Fiat Uno/Siena/Palio/Petra/Palio Stile/Adventurer/Punto/Linea owners, Now one can source any part for their beloved Fiat cars on

www.99rpm.com

All parts are genuine and ordered from Italy and OE manufacturing units.