librankur

Now a Skoda Rapid Hatchback

We are soon going to have a new hatch variant of the Skoda Rapid.

This is going to be based on the Skodas VisionD concept .Which essentially means that definite curtains for the Fabia, which is not doing good numbers courtesy its somewhat dated looks.

Recently , a dealer was offering Fabia against the Rapid , what will he give them now.

:-D

Well wasnt the Rapid a saloon version of the Fabia? I somehow never liked the Fabia at all. If the new hatch is indeed going to be based the VisionD concept, it will be a looker. And yes the Fabia is old now. A new model is definitely the need of the hour.

Meanwhile , Skoda launches Rapid Prestige , its limited edition feature rich Rapid

Too bad ,I wonder what reasons does Skoda has not to replace this aging product.If it not coming to India how do they see Fabia alone being able to bring in customers which have deserted this product.

On the brighter side those people I was talking about in my first post will actually get the Free Fabia.

Though Fabia is aged, its looks doesn't. IMHO, it looks better than a Polo/ Micra/ i20/ Brio or say Sail/ Manza/ DZire.

It should be the most spacious Hatch with best in class interiors, so why fix that isn't broken?

The above mentioned New Rapid Hatch, is a hatch with bot alone been cut, similar to Verito(vibe), with a slooping rear, so under 4M is out of question, so is India bound.

If it is that good looking and everything is going right for it , why dont i see it on the roads.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a new Fabia on the road , for me its been ages.

I will try and find out its sales figures for the last few months and post them here , may be that gives us all a better picture.

And here it is :

Skoda Fabia - Came down to 1/5th of its sales numbers, Skoda Fabia has barely touched 135 units in March 2013 clogging the lowest sales in hatch segment in India.

I think there is no sense to buy Fabia these days.

Thats mainly because of its pathetic & high NVH engine. VW could have used the erstwhile Pump Duese instead of this 3-potter dud.

IMHO, Fabia is a very good package barring its engine. It has got everything like good Ride, Handling, FE, Interiors, Space.

Skoda should try to plonk its Rapid's engine, detune to 1.5L and see the market reaction.

What if VW-Skoda India be reading this thread & We in India might get New Fabia on the lines of current Rapid or a hatchback based on Indian Rapid.

i.e Polo with Fabia/Rapid front & updated rear with new Skoda-ish tailgate & C-theme tailamps & an another Badge engineered product.

Not a bad idea ! Wow instead.

Personally I welcome this move & indeed it'll give VW-Skoda India much necessary volumes needed for India, specially to justify their localization program & early return for their investments.

In return what we'll get a highly localized product with easily & cheaply available spare parts.

Even other local companies won't mind producing their spare parts, as they're having the desired volumes to justify their investments. Thumbs up.

Skoda used to have a very good reputation at the time of Octavia launch. It had no direct competitor and it was a runaway success.. However times changed and with new competitors coupled with poor after sales service Skoda lost the edge it had. With its parent company VW entering the Indian market it wanted to have the higher position as it is throughout the world. Skoda has to bring in new models and freshen up its model line-up to stay active in the market. With its solid build, taut European styling and value for money it can do wonders.

Skoda used to have a very good reputation at the time of Octavia launch.

That AUDIish Skoda still lives in 1000's heart's. Even today, those Octavia with present rapid's heart will sell in decent numbers.

Edited by creativebala

Yes eagerly looking forward to the new Octavia. It is supposed to bigger (as is the norm these days newer ones are bigger & better) than the existing one and cheaper than the outgoing model. Let's keep our fingers crossed.